Thread: q 6600 heatsink temps??

Xtreme Member

q 6600 heatsink temps??

I am still looking for a nice heatsink for my new q6600 and for those of you that have the q6600 what heatsinks yall using and what temps do yall get? plan on buying something this afternoon just not sure what yet. the most id want to overclock is 3.2-3.4 thanks guys.

Xtreme Guru
    take a look at the stickys in this forum

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    I am still looking for a nice heatsink for my new q6600 and for those of you that have the q6600 what heatsinks yall using and what temps do yall get? plan on buying something this afternoon just not sure what yet. the most id want to overclock is 3.2-3.4 thanks guys.
    i'll be suprised if anyone recommends anything other than the thermal right ultra extreme or "TRUE". you'll see it plastered all over the forums.

"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity"

=======
    Q6600 @ 3.6 / TRUE (both lapped)
    P5Q Deluxe
    4Gb Corsair DominatRIX 1066Mhz
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    2 x 320gb WD3200AAKS RAID-0
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850
    X-Fi Fatality / SR-71 Amp > Sennheiser HD650's & Logitech Z-5500
    HP W2207 TFT

and me??? Powered by absolut, kebabs, tramadol & a new liver

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ The only problem with always recommending the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is that there isn't enough room in many cases for the massive height of the TRUE heatsink. My previous case, a Coolermaster ATC-200 couldn't fit it and a couple Antec cases my friend has used to build computers for clients weren't able to fit the cooler.

So in those cases, I'd usually recommend the Enzotech Ultra-X which is what i'm currently using.

But.... now that I have a monster of a case, (CoolerMaster Stacker 830)... i'll be switching up to the Thermalright TRUE or perhaps the IFX-14.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    well i was looking at those last night and i read most of the reviews and was impressed i just wanted to see what the people that own the q6600 were gettting with some of the reviewed heatsinks

Xtreme Member
    yea i really wanted to see the difference between the ifx-14 and the ultra 120.

i have a nice big lian li case so im not worried about space.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    space is an issue but most people with such a chip / spec dont typically have cramped cases

as for ifx-14 vs ultra 120 they seem to perform the same with the reviews i read. but given the larger sufrace area of the IFX i would imagine sufficient airflow would mean lower load temps on really overclocked chips?

if the 2 are the same price where you are and space isnt an issue i suppose the IFX would be best buy?

"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity"

=======
    Q6600 @ 3.6 / TRUE (both lapped)
    P5Q Deluxe
    4Gb Corsair DominatRIX 1066Mhz
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    2 x 320gb WD3200AAKS RAID-0
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850
    X-Fi Fatality / SR-71 Amp > Sennheiser HD650's & Logitech Z-5500
    HP W2207 TFT

and me??? Powered by absolut, kebabs, tramadol & a new liver

Xtreme Guru
    if space is an issue i would recommend the ultima 90 although i havent done any direct testing on it, i hear its the next best thing

Xtreme Member
    well right now my temps are 28 idle not sure on load yet. but im using the artic cooler 7 and ill see what it does on full load somtime.

Xtreme Addict
    Enzo Ultra-X is what I use. Helps cool the PWM area around the cpu socket.

Xtreme Member
    what are your temps vengance?

Xtreme Addict
    I'm using an Enzotech Ultra-X with the stock fan and have a Q6600 @ 2.92ghz (damned chipset wont get a higher fsb) and I run idle @ 39'c or so and at 100% on all 4 cores hit about 56'c. Keep in mind I've got a pretty warm room when my rig runs 100% 24/7 since i'm crunching D2OL. Keeps the room warm on cold nights at least.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton