Thread: Creating a Shortcut for " Show the desktop "

Creating a Shortcut for " Show the desktop "

Hey all i just reinstalled win xp on my older rig and for some reason it doesnt have on the quick launch the " show the desktop " blue icon. Now i know i can create a shortcut for it but i need to know the target for it. Anyone with any idea ?

Thanks

right click on desktop and press Create Shortcut. then you should get a wizard up, if not, double click it. then just in the window where you browse to the file you want to link to, simply select the desktop path at the top. then drag it from the new shortcut onto the quicklaunch bar (right click start bar > toolbars > quicklaunch)

Or this:
    1. Click Start , click Run, type notepad, and then click OK.
    2. In Notepad, type the following text on individual lines:
    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop
    3. On the File menu, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as Show Desktop.scf.

Note Notepad might automatically append a .txt extension to the file name. Remove this extension if present. The file name should be Show Desktop.scf.

Quote Originally Posted by Llwyd View Post
    right click on desktop and press Create Shortcut. then you should get a wizard up, if not, double click it. then just in the window where you browse to the file you want to link to, simply select the desktop path at the top. then drag it from the new shortcut onto the quicklaunch bar (right click start bar > toolbars > quicklaunch)
    Hey i did that but all it does it just open another folder which is the desktop folder, didnt minimize everything else

Quote Originally Posted by rogard View Post
    Or this:
    1. Click Start , click Run, type notepad, and then click OK.
    2. In Notepad, type the following text on individual lines:
    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop
    3. On the File menu, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as Show Desktop.scf.

Note Notepad might automatically append a .txt extension to the file name. Remove this extension if present. The file name should be Show Desktop.scf.
    Ah yes worked like a charm ! Thanks a million

Xtreme
    windows key + D

shortcut w/out the button