Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has JINU Disappeared?

Hybrid View

Xtreme 3DTeam Member

Has JINU Disappeared?

Been waiting for 2 months for a return messages or call from Jin Park

Does anyone know what happened to him?

E6600 week 28, Asus P5B vanilla, 4.64Ghz,P5B vanilla w/ Vmods, vapochill and other stuff, Super Pi 1M = 11.0000s

QX6700 on EVGA 680i w/ twin 8800 GTX's SLI

Second Place hwbot 3DMark06 Sli 20999 (12/2/06 till ...???)

-130C Club Member
    for sure he is not dead Maybe on buisness trip ?

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    i just was on the phone with him last week he is well but his primary job has him swamped. he has alot going on.
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

-150c Club Member
    I'm sure he's still working on units, he should be keeping up contact at least thru a representative though.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

I havent gotten a responce to pm's,email,s,phone messages in two months.I thought about sending a fax..I did manage two catch him on the phone two weeks ago and he said some units would ship out that week.But I havent been able to reach him at all since that time to find out anything else.Im not in a huge hurry at all I would just like some communication to say the least.I understand huge work loads,sometimes I find out with an hrs notice Im leaving and wont be back in a few months.

Tyler Durden
    I was talking to Jacob of evga about this the other day. He's been trying to reach him for a custom VapoLi and can't seem to make contact. I haven't talked to Jin in a few months myself, but I haven't tried either lol. Hope everything's alright with the guy.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    I'm sure he's still working on units, he should be keeping up contact at least thru a representative though.

Should he get a live or a dead representative ??????? it doesn't matter,either way it just made matters worse.I think builders can speak for their self as they only know what the problem is.

If you take someones money NO ONES is TOO busy to type 2 sentences twice a week!!!!!!!!!! at least answer the guys money you have & explain. Most guys here will allow some leeway. The main thing is to "Keep in touch" No Excuses

We all realize problems arise,some worse than others,BUT the key is to commutate or XS cooling is going to go down the Tubes as far as reputation is concerned,this has happened a lot lately,far to much in my opion !. I still don't know where the purple cascade went to that guy in Italy I think.

This is not the way to do business,and its worse as guys are handing over a lot of money to some one they never met or might not even seen.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal
    We all realize problems arise,some worse than others,BUT the key is to commutate or XS cooling is going to go down the Tubes as far as reputation is concerned,this has happened a lot lately,far to much in my opion !. I still don't know where the purple cascade went to that guy in Italy I think.
    Or even better yet...communicate PCIce is a crook and refused to do anything about that cascade....I tried my best to help, but in the end nothing came of it

EVGA Enthusiast
    Yea he is ok, just really busy
    . ss phase . nf11fx compressor . chilly1 evap . r507 . chilly1 condenser . freezepack controller .
    965xe 4.63ghz || evga x58 classified || 2x evga gtx 295 || 6gb g.skill 1.6ghz cl8 || corsair ssd x64 || tt 1.2kw w/ 12 awg || win7 x64

Xtreme Addict
    Someone posted a similar thread only the other week. He said he was away on a business trip but would make sure all his units were all sorted .

Xtreme Member
    Talked to him on the phone a few months ago. Recieved a few PM's around 1 month ago, havent heard since. Probly work since he was talking about a trip on the phone.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Jin seemed like a nice guy, so I ordered a unit from him and loaned him my quadcore cpu and mb for testing purposes.

The last I heard, he refunded the $$$ for the unit, and was supposed to send back my cpu and mb.

I really don't want to say anything bad about him or anyone, but I also can't afford to eat $1500 worth of cpu and mb.

If anyone is close to him, could you please ask him to resolve this asap.

I hope that he is well health wise and this is all just a small glitch that he will get over soon.

thanks.

E6600 week 28, Asus P5B vanilla, 4.64Ghz,P5B vanilla w/ Vmods, vapochill and other stuff, Super Pi 1M = 11.0000s

Xtreme Mentor
    I was just about to ask if anyone knew where jin went. Miss his input on things around here. Hopefully he will have more free time in the future so he can entertain our crazy ideas here
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Xtreme Member
    The last time I heard from Jin was on 12-10-06 when he sent me a PM that he'd received my single stage unit for repairs. I've sent him a few PM's and an email through his business email address but haven't heard anything back at all. As everyone said...I'm sure he's just swamped with other things to do right now, but it'd be nice just to get a quick reply of "I'm here, just busy for a little bit...I'll get to it ASAP" every once in a while.
    Dimastech Easy Dual v2.5 (black)-----Silverstone Strider 1500w-----ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-----Intel 2600K-----Corsair Dominator GT (4x4GB) DDR3 2000-----2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's-----2x GTX Titan 6GB SLI-----Dell 3008WFP

Watercooling Loop: EK Supreme HF Rev. 2 - Acetal-----2x EK-Titan Acetal connected via EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel-----2x Swiftech MCR320 Drive Radiators w/ built-in MCP35X Pumps-----EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Advanced-----6x Scythe GT 1850rpm Fans-----Primochill LRT 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD (Red)-----Bitspower Carbon Black Fittings-----Distilled Water + PT_Nuke PHN + Feser Base Corrosion Blocker

Xtreme Enthusiast
    while he is a very respected and trusted member here I do hope that nothing bad is 'afoot' as no matter how busy you are if you take the time to accept units/orders/loan of equipment then you can take the time to at least send an email-thats less than 10 seconds to write "sorry im real busy" and send to everyone on your address book.
    gebuine or otherwise its just plain ignorance not to.

sorry but just my 10c worth.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Is there anyone local to Jin who may know what has happened?

This starting to leave a really bad taste in my mouth.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rjw
    Is there anyone local to Jin who may know what has happened?

This starting to leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
    You tried contacting him through his website? http://www.jincpucooling.com/home.htm It has a fax and his email addresses.
    MSI Big Bang XPower
    Core i7 930 @ 3.38 Ghz
    6 x 2GB Patriot DDR3 1600
    XFX Double D 7850
    Therltake Toughpower 1200
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    OCZ Revodrive 3 120GB
    Corsair 700D
    Dell 2405FPW
    W7 Pro 64 bit

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qdemn7
    You tried contacting him through his website? http://www.jincpucooling.com/home.htm It has a fax and his email addresses.
    I tried contacting him through that listed email last month but received no reply. I didn't try the fax.
    Dimastech Easy Dual v2.5 (black)-----Silverstone Strider 1500w-----ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-----Intel 2600K-----Corsair Dominator GT (4x4GB) DDR3 2000-----2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's-----2x GTX Titan 6GB SLI-----Dell 3008WFP

Watercooling Loop: EK Supreme HF Rev. 2 - Acetal-----2x EK-Titan Acetal connected via EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel-----2x Swiftech MCR320 Drive Radiators w/ built-in MCP35X Pumps-----EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Advanced-----6x Scythe GT 1850rpm Fans-----Primochill LRT 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD (Red)-----Bitspower Carbon Black Fittings-----Distilled Water + PT_Nuke PHN + Feser Base Corrosion Blocker

I have sent a unit to him just as he left for ces. I havent heard from him since and I have tried his phone number several times. At this rate something is really wrong, Ive only heard good things about him before, so either hes very sick or hes reselling my stuff and others. I'm sorry but for what these things are worth you need to make sure your client knows you have it and give a eta, not ignore him completely. I live in California luckily and if I dont hear from him by the 15th of march I will drive there and pick up my unit myself. What I dont get was he communicated very quickly when I was sending him work, once he had it, he was no longer reachable, normally this would have me screaming mad, but I still give him the benefit of the doubt just beacause of his reputation. I hope it just business or being sick or something simple, but I really hope he comes on soon to at least tell us something.

double post.

EVGA Enthusiast
    Yea he is very local to me, I may give him a call this week to make sure everything is going ok.
    . ss phase . nf11fx compressor . chilly1 evap . r507 . chilly1 condenser . freezepack controller .
    965xe 4.63ghz || evga x58 classified || 2x evga gtx 295 || 6gb g.skill 1.6ghz cl8 || corsair ssd x64 || tt 1.2kw w/ 12 awg || win7 x64

Tyler Durden
    He's been on MSN with a "busy" sign up for a few days now.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    He's been on MSN with a "busy" sign up for a few days now.
    For as long as I've known him, Jin's almost ALWAYS had that "busy" tag up on his MSN....I'll give him a jingle later.....

I am Xtreme
    He should sell his cascade to someone in the states,don't matter where Then the owner just has to go to a magistrate with proof money was paid, plop down a filing fee and charges will be filed against PC ice.hopefully part by USPS,that makes it worse. A hearing date will be set,and PC ice will be notified by certified mail and he will have to appear whereever the lawsuit was filed. either he picks up the letter or they will pay a bounty hunter to serve the papers. and add that to his cost at the end. if he can't repay he will sit it out in jail. Hope he grows up and takes care of business.

If he doesn't show at hearing, a Bench warrant will be issued for his arrest. If he ignores it, sooner or latter ,he will get pulled over for a simple traffic stop,even for a burt out light bulb,and when the police check the NCIC ,it will show a warrant issued,they will handcuff him on the spot and off to jail.

may be a month or ten years but everyone gets stoped for something,sooner or latter.
    Last edited by wdrzal; 02-27-2007 at 04:02 PM.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal
    He should sell his cascade to someone in the states,don't matter where Then the owner just has to go to a magistrate with proof money was paid, plop down a filing fee and charges will be filed against PC ice.hopefully part by USPS,that makes it worse. A hearing date will be set,and PC ice will be notified by certified mail and he will have to appear whereever the lawsuit was filed. either he picks up the letter or they will pay a bounty hunter to serve the papers. and add that to his cost at the end. if he can't repay he will sit it out in jail. Hope he grows up and takes care of business.

If he doesn't show at hearing, a Bench warrant will be issued for his arrest. If he ignores it, sooner or latter ,he will get pulled over for a simple traffic stop,even for a burt out light bulb,and when the police check the NCIC ,it will show a warrant issued,they will handcuff him on the spot and off to jail.

may be a month or ten years but everyone gets stoped for something,sooner or latter.
    Oh I'm sure he's already got some outstanding warrants I don't think another would bother him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast