Got soem work today ( yesterday too many visits couldn't ge tout and hide in my favourite workspace " ze garage"

As mentioned before needed to relocate the Harddrives to the largeness of the pump, I choose to move them more to the rear of the case , but keeping them quickly accessible. I placed the dampening mat on the bottom where the harddrives will be placed, due to the thickness I had to think about another way to mount them, my previous construction looked good but afer a few removals the threads were gone on the plastic bushings. I used longer screws that go all the way through the mat a nut on top to fix it ,then the acryl panel that holds the 2 harddrives , a rubber grommet and then finally a nut on top to secure it all in place. Picture says it all :

those mats will cover the entire floor of the harddware side...
Only thing that worries me might be the heat the harddrives create , not much air going through at the moment, but that will be verified once the rig runs...

Due to the fact I was cooling the northbridge via water too I had two options cut the heatpipes ( bye bye warranty) and keep the PWM heatsinks in place or remove it all and use heatsinks and an aftermarket southbridge cooler.

I followed EVA2000 on this and got some Swiftech copper heatsinks, for the southbridge I opted for the still popular Evercool copper fan, which is silent and deadly efficient...

To get some air blowing over the heatsinks I made a small acryl plate that can hold 2 x 6cm fan both positioned over the heatsinks, the fans will be connected straight to the mobo as they only deliver 14dba at max speed...

The fan shroud isn't yet attached to the mobo's plate (2 screws ), that's why there's a small piece of wood behind it , also the location on the P5W differs from the Striker board, so it should be aligned properly.

Well that's it for today, more work tomorrow....