Thread: A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case

Hybrid View

Lol Voodoo , yeah same in my house with a 6yr old boy..be covered in boogers.

Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while but my first time posting.

Question : Got the 900 and the Corsair 620HX, I've seen mods with this PS turned so that the fan is on the bottom with a hole cut in the bottom of the case. Is this more efficient ?, im in the process of painting the inside of my case and now Im wondering if i should do the same.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds interesting lol, but why not have the fan shooting air upward? Man when will this 900 case ever go on sale jeeeeeez?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblades View Post
    Lol Voodoo , yeah same in my house with a 6yr old boy..be covered in boogers.

Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while but my first time posting.

Question : Got the 900 and the Corsair 620HX, I've seen mods with this PS turned so that the fan is on the bottom with a hole cut in the bottom of the case. Is this more efficient ?, im in the process of painting the inside of my case and now Im wondering if i should do the same.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Same dilemma here. It'd probably help as the PSU is sucking down while the air in the case should be blowing up and back. Not to mention that our PSUs would look a lot better with the wording on the right side up and the cables more towards the inside of the case. I'd say go for it.

Xope, yeah was thinking the exact same...the cables are on the "inside" so they look neater going into my newly drilled hole.
    So is the fan blowing out or sucking in ?...haven't tested mine yet as im waiting on my last 2 parts....the chip (Q6600) and the mobo (probably an Abit ip35 Pro)

Xtreme Member
    Haha, I just convinced myself to make the hole. The fan on the PSU sucks the air into it and blows it out the back. I wonder if it'd be better if the fan were reversed so it'd blow out the bottom.

Lol, yeah I made my hole already but now I need to find some bigger feet to give the fan room. Good idea about reversing the fan but i dont think ill mess with it.

So right now my case has 3 holes in the mobo tray and 1 on the bottom for the psu and its half painted black..I'll post pics when it looks better