Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 loops, world 1st!!! I think! The planning, help if you like too

Banned

7 loops, world 1st!!! I think! The planning, help if you like too

Okay this kinda kicked off in a hijac of Ians thread. Sorry gezza!

My Case is on it's way back to me as i'm not having phase anymore!

Moving house in two weeks. Once im in my new gaf and sorted i shall start working on it!

Stuff you should be ready for!

I hate messy stuff, so this will be clean as hell okay.

All the rads will be in the system!

Silent, this baby will be totaly silent. 24/7 silent running Pete likes!

Might call it, the ''Big black bad wet dream'' ''Black water'' ''7 loops'' duno feel free to jump in and add!

Case being a Lian-Li V2000B heaveryly modified.

I got bord of phase and what not so going with water, cheaper to run, just as good on C2D to get 4G+ easy as.

Looking at it i really wanted to be OTT, gay and wc the lot! 7 loops is whats planned!

CPU
    NB
    SB
    MOFFSETS
    RAM
    GFX
    ''HD's'' > 7th

Each loop be colored water hopefully there is enough colors out there for me to use or i'm screwed!

All 1/2'' tubing, non of this micky mouse stuff, uber sexy tubing to be used.

All on T-line's in a row kinda thing!

Each loop will have a temp senser built in, probs be a T-line and epoxy job. Front of the case will have 7 dispays probs on a sheet of carbon fiber i've layered up and etched with the name and numnber of loop ie CPU #1, GFX #2...i duno full yet we see!

Theromchill rads only i think! 90%, CPU and GFX will be PA120.3's. Why, massive cooling range, more OC'ing, i got the space and why bloody not!

Rest of it can all be 120.1 and maybe the NB a 120.2 as it does get hot!

HD's will be suspeding

Pumps will be AQZ50's x 7 or iv'e asked Petra if he can do me a deal on 7 of his. I'll be ordering all my goddies off him anyway, why. He has it all, he's cheaper, i wana give him the trade, i've heard good things and i can clame the VAT and TAX back of it all and the customs! Oh and he can advise on whats best at same time spending my wad of cash!

Fans...umm where to start. 120mm's Yates probs!

I don't think anyone has ever done this before.

Yet to decied on MOBO. Abit is tempting cos of the colors of the LEDs look good in tut case!

CPU will be a C2D and a E6600, or X6800 as i have one being offered to me at a silly price!

GFX, probs an ATI flavor, something new but cheap. Maybe CF, might do CF just to add more to the loop.

PSU is to be a PC+P, have a 510 already but might go to 1KW for all the pumps etc!

Probs do RAID0 via 2 drives!

Nowt is to be out side of the case. Alll inside, doors on and clossed!

It's gonna weight a bit so i might a extra set of wheel for the base!

Why am i doing this. I fancy soemthing very differnt, that will make a lot of people more intrested in water cooling, will turn heads and yes i know WC ever inch of it all is not worth it and it be cheper to submerse it in baby oil!

Pete

Please feel free to advise on what to use and not to use, ideal for layout etc. I don;t want any ing in here cos i will throw cold water at you (we are a wc topic). if you do contrubet and help you'll get mensioned. Nope thats bribary it's an offer.

Pete the crazy aussie/english man from across tut pond!

Xtreme Member
    Now, this is exciting. I am already looking forward to see pics. You know, a 120.2 is good enough for cpu loop and gpu loop? And a 120.1 enough for your nb, it is passively cooled already man!

Banned
    Don't waste money wc'ing the HDD's, the mosfets, and the ram. Get decent passive cooling....ram sinks and quiet fans, etc.

Get a single stage phase unit on your CPU and a decent water loop on your GPU's and chipset. One 120.3, one DDC2 with Petra's top, Maze 4's or EK waves on the gpu's and NB and a decent res. Like $400 for the loop and $650 for a decent Mach II in the for sale forum.

Seven loops will just make folks shake their heads and say to themselves, "Wow, this guy has nothing better to do with a bunch of his money..."

Banned
    I dont have anyhting better to do with my money. A recent family loss and a free house and so much more! Why not blow a months wages which is easyerly earnt on it!

Petra offered me $10 less per pump! Still £300 od beans to get 7 of them!

The NB on my last rig with a fan was hot, it went into throterling mode as it hit 90c once! I've had it under a pa120.3 before!

I no longer want phase, costed too much to run. water, all in one and yeah it works just as good on C2d!

I'm off out now for my last comp ridding currently 2nd place holding so see if i can hold it or pull a 1st. Shall be back latters tonight.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't waste your money no matter how much you have (send it to me )
    if you want xtreme then why not phase? today you have a single stage phase units that can cool your CPU and SLI with only one unit! and you can make a single loop for cooling your NB, SB and RAM if you have to. no need for water on mosfets, HDDs, a decent quite fan will do the job.
    I know I wouldn't waste my money if I even was Bill Gates...
    DFI ICFX3200 07/30 w/ MCW30
    E6600 L632A407 w/ EK Supreme
    Powercolor HD3870 w/ MCW60
    OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CAS4
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Silverstone Strider 750W
    MM U2-UFO Extended CYO
    CPU & NB loop = PA120.3, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    VGA loop = PA120.2, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    10 fans on 7V, PX-750A, all on SM 930BF

" Having a DFI board is like having a hot girlfriend thats a total b1tch" ...

Banned
    do you have any pics of that heavily modded lian li case online at the moment?

guys he doesnt want phase anymore, no more comments on that pls.

do you have a like loop order planned out and parts to go with each?

Xtreme Mentor
    I sugest you do two loops.

-First for cpu/gpu.
    -Second for hard drives, mosfets etc...

-Put a chiller on the first loop.
    -Keep the second one ambient (since hd dont like being below 0C and the rest will be a pain to insulate)

A chiller is ultimatly the best way to go. Especially if you have the money.

This is what I am doing right now for my Q1/Q2 2007 upgrade.

And dont use 7 crappy z50's. Get two nice pumps. Iwaki RD30 for the chilled loop and something smaller for the ambient loop . 50z's would be fine for that, as you wont gain anything there from a bigger pump (more pumps), just more noise and heat. Even if you will end up doing no chilled loops just get 1 nice RD30 instead of a bunch of crap pumps. It will last you a lifetime and it will be more efficient.

I wouldnt put the pumps on your system PSU as that would dirty your voltages for your cpu which you want to avoid as it ussualy has a negative effect.

PS:

As far as the drives go, if you have so much money, for your apps and os you should get a SAS controller and a few 15k SAS drives in raid0. And for storage do as I finaly did, make a file server and raid 8 500gb sata 3gb/s drives in raid5.

PSS:

I dont know what kind of phase you used to run but mine only costs me 20$ per month which is not much, and I ran it 24/7. Especialy since you have so much money.
    Last edited by epion2985; 11-18-2006 at 04:33 AM.
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy
    Don't waste money wc'ing the HDD's, the mosfets, and the ram. Get decent passive cooling....ram sinks and quiet fans, etc.

Get a single stage phase unit on your CPU and a decent water loop on your GPU's and chipset. One 120.3, one DDC2 with Petra's top, Maze 4's or EK waves on the gpu's and NB and a decent res. Like $400 for the loop and $650 for a decent Mach II in the for sale forum.

Seven loops will just make folks shake their heads and say to themselves, "Wow, this guy has nothing better to do with a bunch of his money..."
    I agree whit him! And That's gonna be exciting to see!
    • - Asus P8Z68-V PRO
    • - Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
    • - Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
    • - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
    • - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
    • - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    • - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
    • - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
    • - Dell UltraSharp 24''
    • - Noctua NH-D14

January - SLI Rig Of The Month (2008)

Xtreme Cruncher
    I totally agree with Epion here.

And even if you have a lot to spend, you can spend it on parts that will give you more benefit, like the 15k rpm drives for example. But if you really want to watercool it to the max you could probably get some pretty wild advice here, for starters youll definately need one of those ufo cases to fit all rads, pumps and tubing. Also you will have to pay a lot of attention to the visuals, because really the only way you would want a completely and overdone watercooling system is for looks. Which does have a fun side to it I guess.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriote
    I agree whit him! And That's gonna be exciting to see!
    even I eventually understood he doesn't want phase anymore...

then do seven loops, it would be like cool to see seven loops for one system!
    DFI ICFX3200 07/30 w/ MCW30
    E6600 L632A407 w/ EK Supreme
    Powercolor HD3870 w/ MCW60
    OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CAS4
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Silverstone Strider 750W
    MM U2-UFO Extended CYO
    CPU & NB loop = PA120.3, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    VGA loop = PA120.2, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    10 fans on 7V, PX-750A, all on SM 930BF

" Having a DFI board is like having a hot girlfriend thats a total b1tch" ...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by marauder16
    even I eventually understood he doesn't want phase anymore...

then do seven loops, it would be like cool to see seven loops for one system!
    It would be about as cool as cooling your cpu by peeing on it with 24 karat piss, when the piss alone can buy you better performance if you get my drift.

I dont think he ever had phase done right, as it costs almost nothing even if ran 24/7. And if he has as much money as he said he did this should be even less of an issue. Something doesnt sound right there.
    Last edited by epion2985; 11-18-2006 at 06:26 AM.
    French Duron Poof

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Awesome Pete!!!

I cannot wait

Why don't you upgrade your system as well If you want to know about SAS x15 Cheetah raid, speak to me

You should aim to get RD600 and R600 Crossfire
    Last edited by IanY; 11-18-2006 at 06:34 AM.

Git-R-Done
    I don't get why you guys are so down on him; yes it's eccentric, but hey, so is everything XS does....

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpoon
    I don't get why you guys are so down on him; yes it's eccentric, but hey, so is everything XS does....
    I dont think anyone is down on him, just trying to put some reason in to the fella

He can get a much better setup given some though and reason. All we do is give some advice, if he wants to go though with his plan reguardless of weather it is a poor choise in terms of optimization its his choise and I dont think anyone would object

Also I dearly hope that thats not true, because eccentric (deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd) does not = intelligent (having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, having the faculty of reasoning and understanding) nor smart (having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability)

http://dictionary.reference.com/
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Hamster Powered
    All of that inside a V2000?

You need to call Ben @ Mountain Mods and have him custom build you the Mother Ship aka "The Black Hole".
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Git-R-Done
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    I dont think anyone is down on him, just trying to put some reason in to the fella

He can get a much better setup given some though and reason. All we do is give some advice, if he wants to go though with his plan reguardless of weather it is a poor choise in terms of optimization its his choise and I dont think anyone would object

Also I dearly hope that thats not true, because eccentric (deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd) does not = intelligent (having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, having the faculty of reasoning and understanding) nor smart (having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability)

http://dictionary.reference.com/
    Thanks for the references, up to now I was using words like "eccentric" and "intelligent" without actually knowing what they meant .

I didn't say it meant intelligent, in fact I don't think it is, but it's still something to do. Is spending thousands of dollars to hold a super pi record intelligent? Not in my mind, eccentric, hell yes, and that's what it's all about.

I would say he should stick with phase, but hey, if he wants to do it, all the power to him, and we should be here suggesting parts...

Hamster Powered
    What I have learned from my time water cooling is that sometimes the wanting is better than the having.

When my system is running smoothly it gets very boring and I want to rip it apart and redo something because the doing for me is better than the having. He sounds bored with phase and it appears that the challenge of getting all that stuff inside such a small space is part of the madness. Because yes my friends we are all mad or we wouldn't spend so many hours on our systems just for the thrill of having something to change.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Banned
    here here.

can't wait till this project gets started.

Xtreme Mentor
    my guess its that this aint going like planned. u have to have 7 pumps in the system, but that aint the hardest. The rads! if u went with anly single 120 and maybe a couple of 80(nb\sb\mosfets) then i still dont think u would pull it of. but with pa120.3 and other pa`s i think its impossible!

But i bend down and kiss your feet if u pull it off!

Btw, how many $$$ will this be in only wc stuff? gotta be some grands!
    Kentsfield and g80 sli anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Banned
    Whoa so manny replys! Didn't think this get you all going! I'll be back after i've soaked in the bath, had my physio and something to eat guys. Oh by the way 1ST place with 34point ahead my rival 2nd place mate, get on!!! Got a traped mussle/nurve in my left arm on my little finger!!! BBL Pete

Wanna look under my kilt?
    if this gets anywhere near completion i`ll be amazed!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever
    What I have learned from my time water cooling is that sometimes the wanting is better than the having.

When my system is running smoothly it gets very boring and I want to rip it apart and redo something because the doing for me is better than the having. He sounds bored with phase and it appears that the challenge of getting all that stuff inside such a small space is part of the madness. Because yes my friends we are all mad or we wouldn't spend so many hours on our systems just for the thrill of having something to change.
    Thats why someone needs to take my credit cards away from me... broke college student still spending money on his computer instead of pizza.

I just bought 2x 80GB SATAII WD's for a RAID0 Windows/programs array that I dont need.
    Last edited by Polizei; 11-18-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this aint happening.
    Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    •i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32v - CM Hyper 212 Evo
    •G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GB
    •ASUS 7850 @ 1250//5800
    •Corsair TX650 V2
    •Dell 3007WFP
    •Win 7 64 Ult

Xtreme Member
    Dont you think 7 loops is a "little" too much?
    Goodluck anyways
    Rig: Intel Pentium E 2140 | Gigabyte 965P-S3 | G.Skill 2GBNT | Sapphire HD2600 XT | Fsp 350-60Gln
    Ppc: Intel XScale 255Mhz | 64Mb Ram | 64Mb Flashdrive | 320x240 QVga | hp1915 | 1Gb Sandisk Storage Card
    Nas: Intel Pentium 3 477Mhz | Epox | 384 Patriot SDRam | nVidia Geforce tnt2 | Boxter 500W
    Else: Viewsonic VG930m | Microsoft Optical | D-Link 524

I think, therefore I am
    -René Descartes

Sorry for my bad english =D

Banned
    Erm could of sworn i posted in the watercooling section of tut form, or did this doubel post in phase and water chill as well as watercooling. England speak differnt english to others???? Thought not!

Had phase as i told you, had problem and no longer running it! End of okay you speak a word i will slap you!

Water chiller ala phase read above!

Electric in the uk pending location is costly! I also currently live in a house share which is on an electric meter so the funds go faster than what they would do on a normal meter! Also you yanks get cheap electric cos it's all nuke! Agin relates the to above so stop there!

I have the cash as my mum passed away recently! She was a very well off women and lots more. Also my job is okay pay wise but i don;t have to pay any rent and am renting out my new place to some mates so the money off that will pay bills and my wages to go on what ever i want!

I haven't looked at other HD's, just go with what i know of, used and yeah!

Yes this is all to go in a V2000B!

I now there is no need to cool everything with water but why not. Not seen it done and i though i will seeings as i have a lot of time spear i'd like to do soemthing to keep me busy bar my son!

I shall look at all the new and up coming parts and go from there!

Right now how ever i have to find a mobo that will be the 2nd base bone to it all. I got the case.

The case V2000B had my phase unit in there built by Gray Mole, amazing unit! Had a water chilelr on it too! I've had the unit removed and the Lian-li put back to how it was day one!

I should have it tuesday wednesday.

Got a AQ50Z here now and a PA120.3 rad so i can toy with some ideas!

I'm looking on the net at stuff but as someone said you should not pass your sny ty coments as you all have and surgest to use this and that which is what i asked for in fact..meh!

The idea is to do soemthing never done before, push the limits of a WC'd system to how much can you pc. I could make it 8 loop to inc the psu if i wanted!

There are so many options i have to convert the base of the V2000B, i can make a cool mod for the psu and move it into my drive bays and cool with baby oil so it's silent, at the front well out the way and let lots of room for rads!

Yep i know this is silly, crazy and waist of money but i've got lots of spear time and really want to experiment and make something crazy as hell!

Pete

Sorry for lengthy post but i made it clear what i didnt want in here yet you all did it anyway grr

Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast