Thread: Aquarium PC

Xtreme Addict

Lightbulb Aquarium PC

I just had a funny idea... what about gaming rig with an aquarium with fish, a bubble treasure chest, a sunken ship, UV pebbles, and other decorations, built into the window, and two of those lighted water tubes in the front that have bubbles constantly rising from the bottom? That would be something I'd love to see!
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Recruit
    DFI nForce 4 SLI-DR
    AMD 165 Opty Dual Core 2.8Ghz Air
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon w/ 120mm Panaflow
    G.Skill 2GB 3-4-4-8 @ 2.6Volts
    XFX 7800GTX (490/1300) x2 SLi
    74GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Xtreme Addict
    *Gives the so so hand motion to the first two*

I don't think the fish in the third picture are even real. I've seen those already. They look like plastic fish.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    woud be realy litle air flow...

Xtreme Addict
    Nah... Not with the powerful, low noise modern fans we have these days. I love the 21st century.

Another idea I have is for a computer with hamsters in it! There could be a few tubes going through the PC for them to run around through, and a hamster wheel that powers LED lights. That would rock! Be funny to see too. ROFL

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    Nah... Not with the powerful, low noise modern fans we have these days. I love the 21st century.

Another idea I have is for a computer with hamsters in it! There could be a few tubes going through the PC for them to run around through, and a hamster wheel that powers LED lights. That would rock! Be funny to see too. ROFL
    you can have the best fans ever but still in http://www.freemodding.it/galleria/000113.jpg there isn’t much room to push the hot air away...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    I don't think the fish in the third picture are even real. I've seen those already. They look like plastic fish.
    lol!!!! they ARE fake! the fish + bubbles are a plastic sticker that has been placed onto the window... nothing special about that.

I have seen various cases that have a 1" thick window of sorts that holds 3 or 4 plastic fish, a input for the pump to put bubbles in the water wich makes the platic fish move and has lighting on it.

Thats about as close as your gonna get I think, if they were real fish you would have real fish problems. Somthing that after awhile you probably wouldnt want esp right next to your computer.
    Specs: Q6600 @ 3.65ghz 1.42v / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 2x2gb Mushkin DDR2@810 / PC P&C 750w / 2x ATI 4850 Crossfire @ 710/1050

Xtreme Member
    what would be the point. woundnt the heat heat up the water and kill the fish

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris999
    what would be the point. woundnt the heat heat up the water and kill the fish
    it would probably only get to 80°F or so...lots of tropical fish prefer such temperatures.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

There are fish that can take that temp, but very few if any that can take the wildly varying temps that you find inside a pc.

Just my 2 cents!

Grog

Quote Originally Posted by lookmomnobrains
    you can have the best fans ever but still in http://www.freemodding.it/galleria/000113.jpg there isn’t much room to push the hot air away...
    You might be able to cool it if you used one of those all heatpipe cases, as the case itself would be the radiator, and the water would cool down the case, which would cool down the inside. They're made to run without fans after all.

However, you wouldn't be able to see inside the PC, which would ruin the whole point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    Waterfall! that would be sweet.

Xtreme Mentor
    those fish look real to me :-p
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nemo !
    Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    •i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32v - CM Hyper 212 Evo
    •G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GB
    •ASUS 7850 @ 1250//5800
    •Corsair TX650 V2
    •Dell 3007WFP
    •Win 7 64 Ult

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wangerin