Thread: Official XS Power Supply Ranking Phase I

Hybrid View

Xtreme PSU Tester
    You might want to break those tiers down more.

For example: Tagan (Topower) doesn't belong in the same group as Win-Tact built PCP&C and Etasis built Silverstones. But aren't as "bad" as Antec or Thermaltake.

A TurboCool and Silencer are two totally different animals, as is a Silverstone Element and Zeus. An Element isn't really all that different as a Strider except for the 80+ efficiency. So other than efficiency, they're really quite the same.

It's very complicated to do this right. That's why I took my ratethebrands list down. Don't let me discourage you. I Think it would be great to have a one stop list on the web, but you'll need more tiers.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU
    You might want to break those tiers down more.

For example: Tagan (Topower) doesn't belong in the same group as Win-Tact built PCP&C and Etasis built Silverstones. But aren't as "bad" as Antec or Thermaltake.

A TurboCool and Silencer are two totally different animals, as is a Silverstone Element and Zeus. An Element isn't really all that different as a Strider except for the 80+ efficiency. So other than efficiency, they're really quite the same.

It's very complicated to do this right. That's why I took my ratethebrands list down. Don't let me discourage you. I Think it would be great to have a one stop list on the web, but you'll need more tiers.
    You're right and the final list will end up with 5 Tiers...but just to get the whole preliminary list up there, you're going to have to bear with me with 3 Tiers for a few days.

Perkam

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Oh... Ok.. I'll bear with you.

What about Tagan U-25 (Dual Engine-series)??

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by david901101
    What about Tagan U-25 (Dual Engine-series)??
    Whoops. Thats a good one.

Off to Tier 1 it goes

Thx.

Perkam

ok

Hmm Im back again with my stupid questions :p
    Which one would U choose, the FSP Epsilon 700W or the Tagan Dual Engine 600W? Noone is in stock @ the store Im going to shop from so there is no rush with the answers =)

//David

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by david901101
    ok

Hmm Im back again with my stupid questions :p
    Which one would U choose, the FSP Epsilon 700W or the Tagan Dual Engine 600W? Noone is in stock @ the store Im going to shop from so there is no rush with the answers =)

//David
    The Epsilon 700w is on Newegg. It has the same internals as the OCZ Gamexstream 700w. IF you're going for lower price, the Tagan Dual Engine 600w is also a top notch PSU.

Either I would buy in an instant...the only thing that seperates them is price afaik.

Now if we turn our attention to Epsilon/Gamexstream 600w vs Dual Engine 600w, thats a tougher choice because both are really good PSUs and both are the most updated of the PSUs available today.

Perkam