Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New CPU Waterblock from Aquacomputer

Xtreme Guru
    Looks nice. Now just two numbers missing - temps and flow resistance , preferably compared to EK full nickel/copper HF. (Don't know how it's for others, for me choice is made by performance first and looks - second). Would be also nice to find out distance between inlets, as in if two bitspower 3/4" OD CF fittings will fit side by side or not.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any shots of the inside yet?

Xtreme Member
    I like the nickel edition.

Do you have pictures from the inside?
    What about the performance?
    Pandora modification - full worklog on XtremeSystems

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
    Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Addict
    Some additional shots.

Banned
    Damn, that looks really nice!!!

Poor Skinnee... LOL. Gonna have peeps knocking down his door to review the perf on this thing bigtime.

Xtreme Addict
    People just don't have their own design, and are following the stream of EK and Watercool.
    I don't blame them though. They want to have best water block.
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    People just don't have their own design, and are following the stream of EK and Watercool.
    Looks like a swiftech XT based design to me Eddy rather than yours. Definitely pin grid and not channels. Looks more restrictive though as its basically integrated skinnee's silicon mod.

Xtreme Member
    Very sad that it's not possible to mount 16/10 Fittings. Reason for me to don't buy it...

Xtreme Guru
    So it's among top blocks, but with very little flow resistance? (trying to extrapolate comparison vs HK3 in skinnielab tests ..)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    Well everybody copies the competition, including you Don't tell me the original Supreme wasn't based on the Heatkiller 2.5/similar blocks...

Will be interesting to see if this can beat the Supreme HF...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice looking block.....machining of the pins, not so much. Those pins almost look like they're so small they've become displaced, collapsing under the pressure of the center O-Ring's sealing when the block's assembled.

Aqua Computer Rep
    Phew, finally found a bit time for the translation

---

Maybe you have already noticed it: the cuplex XT di² is history.

We have a new CPU block called cuplex kryos.

The development of the kryos was the most laborious development of a CPU block in the history of Aqua Computer. From the outside you do not really see that but every small detail has been tested, simulated and produced over and over again to test it too. We have produced around 70 different copper bases and 20 nozzle plates for the tests. All CAD variants in the PC are are more than 1000. We did an almost endless amount of test installations with thousands of measured sensor values.

The target was pretty simple but a hard piece of work: we wanted to have the best block and spent even whole days just to get the last 1/10 K. Our tests also included the most popular and best performing blocks for comparisons - and to left them behind. In our internal tests we already archived that, but to have independent opinions we sent out a few samples to users and magazines around the globe. A few tests are already available, others should follow within the next days.

The basic principle is easy and akin to the principle of the cuplex Pro. The water hits the center of the base and runs through a micro structure. Other than a few competitors we use a real pin structure and not a simple slotted structure. The base has 1911 pins with a size of 0,1mm².

We have also revised the mounting system. The metal variants come with a mounting system that makes it impossible to turn in the screws too faint, too strong or different to the other ones. You can screw in the knurled screws only to a specific point so you have a given limit which has been optimized to provide an optimal pressure towards the CPU. The XT variant also comes with a stainless steel backplate including a rubber plate for isolation.

We offer the cuplex kryos in three different variants:

cuplex kryos XT
    - best cooling performance
    - nickel-plated middle part
    - comes with new mounting system and backplate

cuplex kryos pro
    - blank brass middle part
    - comes with the new mounting system but no backplate included

cuplex kryos delrin
    - middle part made of delrin
    - comes with the classic mounting system which has been used with the cuplex XT di²

To give you an evidence: the delrin variant was only 0,3 to 0,5°C behind the other variants in our tests. So you still get a great performing block for a very good price.

An if you are searching for something special: we also offer the cuplex kryos with a base made of .925 sterling silver. The heat conductivity is 10% better than the other variants.

Finally the prices and some photos:

cuplex kryos XT: 69.90 EUR
    cuplex kryos pro: 49.90 EUR
    cuplex kryos delrin: 39.90 EUR
    cuplex kryos silver: 189.90 EUR

A few photos of the cuplex kryos XT

The base of the kryos

New mounting system

Mounted on a board

cuplex kryos pro and delrin

Intel:

AMD:

cuplex kryos hf

Intel:

AMD:
    Last edited by Shoggy; 06-24-2010 at 08:50 AM.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just need one thing to know, does it fit two 1/2 id 3/4 od compression fitting. It could be a complete deal breaker for many over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtung
    We overclock and crunch you to the ground

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by snoro View Post
    just need one thing to know, does it fit two 1/2 id 3/4 od compression fitting. It could be a complete deal breaker for many over here.
    Nope.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    .. In our internal tests we already archived that, but to have independent opinions we sent out a few samples to users and magazines around the globe. A few tests are already available, others should follow within the next days..
    Do those testers include skinneelab? Imho most of people here and possibly in other forums too trust their test results most.
    As for using silver, interesting. = as side effect no more need for silver kill coils aswell, i assume? How much using it makes block costlier?
    EDIT
    Oh, nevermind, i see their pricing already listed @aquacomputer online shop.
    190 euros for silver one, oooh.
    I wonder how those 10% in increased heat conductivity will result in better temps. Probably 2-3 degrees?
    Last edited by Church; 06-14-2010 at 09:00 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    The base of the kryos

I'm curious to know how badly bent pins affect the flow rate, because these pics here are the only ones of 3 different bases I've seen that are straight which means it was either cherry picked for the photo shoot, or someone spent some time straightening them.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I'm curious to know how badly bent pins affect the flow rate, because these pics here are the only ones of 3 different bases I've seen that are straight which means it was either cherry picked for the photo shoot, or someone spent some time straightening them.
    Probably a combination of both(cherry picked and straightened), not like a company wants to show pictures that don't look good.
    [SIZE="1"]Main Rig:
    - New rig incoming -

Watercooling Loop: Pump: Laing DDC 3.2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top | Tubing: 1/2 x 3/4" | Waterblock: Apogee GTZ | Radiator: XSPC RS360 | Fans: 3x Delta FFB1212EHE | Fittings: Fatboy Barbs | Other: 5ft Custom Bong Cooler for benching

Xtreme Member
    Uuuh I think that is the most prettiest block I have seen. However I think the limitations on fitting sizes are a big down-side. A lot of people like me have spent easily over 100 euros on bitspower fittings and those wouldnt fit that = they will not buy it.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    So it's among top blocks, but with very little flow resistance? (trying to extrapolate comparison vs HK3 in skinnielab tests ..)
    Or you could just wait for me to test it

I have one here Using my new testbed for it though so initial results will be against Supreme HF P1, CPU-360, Apogee XT, HK3 Cu....not the full dozen+ blocks I had last round.

EDIT: Those wondering about the compression fittings: it doesn't fit any of the ones I have here (smallest I have are BP and KL 3/8-1/2 and it doesn't fit those)

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast