Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD Readies Radeon HD 5830, Seals Upper-Mainstream Gaps (tpu+nordic)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^ i was thinking that too but then overclocking may be limited with a single 6pin.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by InCredible View Post
    ^ i was thinking that too but then overclocking may be limited with a single 6pin.
    Pretty sure it'd be, yeah, 5870 doesn't really consume 50% more power than 5830 yet has two connectors...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Sooo ... ETA on the 5830?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JaYp146 View Post
    Not far away, from what I can say.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    Not far away, from what I can say.
    Twiddles thumbs waiting... Two for a crossfire setup.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

Xtreme Mentor
    I heard something like 25 feb. but not sure

Xtreme Member
    Phenom II x6 1055T | ASRock 880G Ex.3 | 560Ti FrozrII 1GB| Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4GB | Win7 64 | M4 128GB

VR Box - i5 6600 | MSI Mortar | Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 | Viper 16GB DDR4 2400 | 256 SSD | Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seems fair. $60-70~ less than a 5850. Hope it overclock well.
    Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz @1.1125v | Foxconn A7DA-S (790GX) | 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
    | Gigabyte HD4770 | Seagate 7200.12 3x1TB | Samsung F4 HD204UI 2x2TB | LG H10N | OCZ StealthXStream 500w| Coolermaster Hyper 212+ | Compaq MV740 17"

Stock HSF: 18°C idle / 37°C load (15°C ambient)
    Hyper 212+: 16°C idle / 29°C load (15°C ambient)

Why AMD Radeon rumors/leaks "are not always accurate"
    Reality check

Quote Originally Posted by JaYp146 View Post
    February 25.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Should be even cheaper in the real world, Amazon are never the cheapest for computer hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    are the specs out yet?
    if its 256bit and 1280 shaders with all respective rops and is 50$ cheaper or even more... then this will be an awesome card!
    not only a 5770 with 256bit but even more sps and rops! if id be looking for a new card right now id def get this one... seems to be the best price perf by far!
    dx11, same heatsink as 5850/5870, HIGHER clocks than a 5850 (if the rumors are true) so it should only be 5-8% slower than a 5850!

Xtreme Addict
    £170 seems much more realistic. At that price a pair is close to 5870 and should be faster in CF optimised apps. I guess we'll find out on the 25th.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Mentor
    Is it confirmed that this card uses a single 6pin, if thats true i am interested...
    Coming Soon

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    Is it confirmed that this card uses a single 6pin, if thats true i am interested...
    its 90% of a 5850... same pcb... i highly doubt it...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    its 90% of a 5850... same pcb... i highly doubt it...
    yeah! that's not reasonable to expect given the processing power and performance!

BTW I agree with you, this card is pure gem when it comes to delivered performance for the cost!

One of the perks of being in time with High-End CypressXT, so everything is smooth and on 6-months schedule in delivering harvested CypressLE!

With this planned execution one can make good margin even on harvested chips... truth to be told non existent competition does help
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    are the specs out yet?
    1120 stream processors, Cypress core, 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, unknown memory bus width, but the core has lesser number of ROPs enabled. 800 MHz core, 1000 (2000 MHz DDR, 4 GT/s effective) memory.

I expect the two 6-pin PCI-E power input to stay.

Xtreme Guru
    I think you guys will all be surprised by two things when it comes to the HD 5830:

- Large variation in PCB length from one partner to the next

- The fact that there IS no "reference" design.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    I think you guys will all be surprised by two things when it comes to the HD 5830:

Both are kinnda good... small PCB's and custom designs means better and cheaper coolers. I mean no one will stick a water block on 5830, well almost no one.

This can be a alternative for 5770 but with twin 6 pin req. its a bit more than what 5770 asks for.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're right . Samples to reviewers are 5830 GPU'S in 5870 PCB's.
    That why on stock voltage it can do this:
    The pcb's on retail will be more simple and cheap like 5750/5770 v2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i5 2500K@ 4.5Ghz
    Asrock P67 PRO3

P55 PRO & i5 750
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=966385
    239 BCKL validation on cold air
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=966536
    Almost 5hgz , air.

Xtreme Guru
    Both are kinnda good... small PCB's and custom designs means better and cheaper coolers. I mean no one will stick a water block on 5830, well almost no one.

This can be a alternative for 5770 but with twin 6 pin req. its a bit more than what 5770 asks for.
    While it may sound "anti ATI", I don't agree that it is a good thing. Basically, the samples sent to reviewers directly from ATI will be capable of pulling in some ridiculous clock speeds because they are based off of HD 5870 PCBs. People will look at the resulting overclocks and get the wrong impression. It also pops the HD 5830 into a high-end PCB design that is out of its price league.

The other problem with this is a matter of quality assurance. Instead of getting ATI-approved PCBs and whatnot, board partners are left to their own devices and we ALL know that can result in lower quality products making it into the market at launch. Yes, we will get some kick arse designs but there are always those who want to cut some small corners.

ACK!!! Ninja'd!!!

Xtreme Addict

So does that mean the reference design is a 5850 with a 5830 GPU?

This attacks the market in two ways. On the non-ref cards with cheap coolers and RAM and low binned GPUs they will not be beaten on Price/Performance and a pair wont have the SLi tax whereas the 'reference' cards will OC to high heaven on standard cooling and more with 5850 waterblocks creating a halo effect.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Addict
    While it may sound "anti ATI", I don't agree that it is a good thing. Basically, the samples sent to reviewers directly from ATI will be capable of pulling in some ridiculous clock speeds because they are based off of HD 5870 PCBs. People will look at the resulting overclocks and get the wrong impression. It also pops the HD 5830 into a high-end PCB design that is out of its price league.

The other problem with this is a matter of quality assurance. Instead of getting ATI-approved PCBs and whatnot, board partners are left to their own devices and we ALL know that can result in lower quality products making it into the market at launch. Yes, we will get some kick arse designs but there are always those who want to cut some small corners.

ACK!!! Ninja'd!!!
    expected something negative btw how is the performance can you give a small hint

Xtreme Mentor

ACK!!! Ninja'd!!!
    Am i wrong in assuming that nvidia had given permission to partners to make non reference cards around the same time the GTX 280 was released?

Nvidia generally gives more control to the partners and even when the GTX 480 releases i am sure that we will find non reference cards flooding the market quite soon.

Yes people will get a wrong impression about card overclocking in general but we can always put notices and notes that can clarify why and how. I mean who ever overclocks a new card does so with Internets help. I still have a hard time modding a proper firmware for a custom XFX 275
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    expected something negative btw how is the performance can you give a small hint
    There is nothing about this card that is negative, I'm just stating some issues which will arise when you see reviews published with ATI-branded cards and problems that pop up when board partners are given free reign. I have seen the same problems with GT 240 / GT 220 cards as well.

Reviews of the cards destined for retailers will show you what you will be able to buy. Simple as that.

As for performance, I have a self-imposed NDA for that.

Xtreme Guru
    Am i wrong in assuming that nvidia had given permission to partners to make non reference cards around the same time the GTX 280 was released?
    Remember, NVIDIA gave them the ability but still provided a reference design so they could base their cards off of something. This time we will see cards based off of everything from the HD 5770 PCB to the HD 5870 PCB to the HD 5850 PCB and things in between as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast