Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P with AMD Phenom II X4 910 first look (AM3+DDR3!!)

Xtreme Addict

Arrow Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P with AMD Phenom II X4 910 first look (AM3+DDR3!!)

-

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Thats a nice looking Board and actually the first I have seen from GIGABYTE that I like and didn't make me want to Play with LEGO
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice catch , Oliverda

I noticed a few mistakes/issues in their preview.First of all,their wPrime numbers are way off,it looks like wprime used only 1 core instead of 4 cores(take 46s for 3.12Ghz OCed AM3 Phenom II,apply the 3.89x scaling with 4 cores and you get right in the territory of known and valid scores for Phenom IIs at that clock).
    Second,the OCed superPI number is not valid,it should be around 21.9s,instead they listed almost the same results for 1M for stock and OCed CPU.
    Third,as they wrote the BIOS is not optimized for performance but for stability at this moment and they expect a performance lift(probably a few %s,still worth mentioning):
    Announced the GA-MA790FXT-UD5P with AMD Phenom II 910 test results, we first set out by CPU-Z V1.49 display hardware-related information, as well as through the upgrade to Phenom II 910 FSB 240MHz mode (octave still 13X) of the processor and memory configuration information. 值得注意的是,此次礙於CPU的NDA因素,相關測試平台只能由技嘉官方進行Demo,我們進行相關驗證, 廠商也表示,在未來效能調校後,可望進一步提升主機板相關性能。 It is worth noting that the CPU of the NDA due to factors related to the test platform can only be made by GIGABYTE official Demo, we carried out to verify, manufacturers also said that after the adjustment in the next performance is expected to further improve the performance of the motherboard-related
    It's worth mentioning that NB now works at 2Ghz instead of lowly 1.8Ghz and scales well (to 2.4Ghz).Everest L3/memory numbers are quite good with L3@ 2.4Ghz,even with this early bios.
    Last edited by informal; 01-24-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    no eSATA
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjo View Post
    no eSATA
    They give a bracket. Something like this.
    -

XIP
    Those reset and power buttons located too deep in the jungle. I'm afraid my finger will touch one of a few delta fan if I'm not careful

Definitely some funky action going on there with wPrime. Nice find though.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Tyler Durden
    I want that board and a 950 BE.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    Those reset and power buttons located too deep in the jungle. I'm afraid my finger will touch one of a few delta fan if I'm not careful
    bah just grab some old Spdif header cables and put a switch on em DUMO. But yah that is one of my gripes, although at least they included them.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me