Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: 32m SPi Low Clock Challenge

Banned
    Excellent run toyten I think you can get sub 10 with a little more FSB + mem tweaks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyTen View Post
    there you go. but as it was only a test, I didn't tweaked my mem's

http://images2.hiboox.com/images/500...54fe79f0d1.jpg
    Your MB is really good, bro~

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsjjang View Post
    Your MB is really good, bro~
    Thank you Dsjjang

As I try pushing furtherer, I only got this targetting Time Zone 7:

'need another coef and another cooling on this quest I guess
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Addict
    Nice run man Well, you'll need about 5900MHz for 7m59sec

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by George_o/c View Post
    Nice run man Well, you'll need about 5900MHz for 7m59sec
    nah man less than that
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    nah man less than that
    Aight , 5850MHz then ... maybe even less ... I wasn't being realistic before

Xtreme Legend
    try less
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    5800MHz, and that's my last offer

Xtreme Member
    ok guys i'll try from 5700Mhz going up til I pass under 8min.

I could do almost 2sec less at the same cpu frequency(from previous post).

I will try 600x9,5 ram 5:8 7-6-5-15 upping the fsb and probably relaxing the timings if I have to.
    Last edited by ToyTen; 12-19-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Addict
    You are on singlestage on that runs ?

Xtreme Member
    You are on singlestage on that runs ?
    yep
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Member
    3oh6, if you read this I try to reach your score at the same cpu clock: 10mn00s791 for the "9" Time Zone, and can't seem to defeat it... loll

a little help to acheive this might be helpfull

Is it the perf mode of appearence of windows that gave you the thing ? Or setting some thing different than 600 but close from it for the maxmem ?

btw, did you tested the 0401 BIOS ? I guess you "might" be on i7 already
    Last edited by ToyTen; 12-19-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Addict
    I guess you "might" be on i7 already
    Jody is on 790FX now I think

Xtreme Member
    Ok.

Ah, yes Georges, I wanted to know why yo asked if i was under single stage? thx
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Addict
    Ah, yes Georges, I wanted to know why yo asked if i was under single stage? thx
    No particular reason, just wanted to see if you are on single stage or dry ice

Xtreme Member
    No particular reason, just wanted to see if you are on single stage or dry ice
    Okay

Maybe this week end I will put the auto-cascade again for Super Pi 32M, wish I can acheive a Time Zone 7 if that wasto be created meanwhile...
    Last edited by ToyTen; 12-20-2008 at 05:58 AM.
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Member
    Ok, I got this, trying to get the pole for 2 days now I got a good feeling of competition

Couldn't get that Time Zone with less fsb, Ram timings are tightend as can be

4432.7......ToyTen..............9.59.734.....7.5x5 91 .....945.7mhz.....7-6-5-15....5/8...X48

Last edited by ToyTen; 12-20-2008 at 04:38 AM.
    DiKKeneK fan !!

uncore challenged...
    3oh6, if you read this I try to reach your score at the same cpu clock: 10mn00s791 for the "9" Time Zone, and can't seem to defeat it... loll

a little help to acheive this might be helpfull

Is it the perf mode of appearence of windows that gave you the thing ? Or setting some thing different than 600 but close from it for the maxmem ?

btw, did you tested the 0401 BIOS ? I guess you "might" be on i7 already
    sorry guy, haven't had much time at all to dip into the forums...i just really wish e-mail notification on this thread would work, then i would know when there are posts.

when it comes down to hundreds of a second in 32M, it could be anything. 32M isn't something that if you run on two setups with the same setting will provide the same results. the OS plays such a huge role in results. there are specific tweaks but even those will produce different results based on the 'tweakedness' (yeah i just made that up) of the OS. for my sub 10min run, i used 680 Maxmem (it is given away in my module size in CPU-Z Memory tab).

i believe the key to that run though was my CW, it was a newer version of my process that i was playing with and got a few tenths that way. as for 0401, i tried it with another time slot but wasn't able to get any quicker results. it might be dependent on the settings being ran where it shows up faster

790GX & i7 & RE still &...790i again soon, but i need a good E8600!!! anyone got one for sale?

i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Member
    Thank you for disponibility as i don't expect one to answer faster than what you did.

Thank you also for explaining that way the "howto" acheive thoses scores, I'm deeply grateful to for this thread and advices you provide to the community as I hope my posts do show.

About the Maxmem, i did try the 680 and a nlight'end XP Pro sp3 as you. My os(my first) weight about 167Mo on CDRom and is only made for Super Pi. I did a good one I think, but lets say, there might be too much things removed, I don't know really...

You did not used the olive green theme for that score didn't you ? any tip on resolution (if that mattered) for the bench itself ?

Thanx, good luck for upcoming benches and take care
    DiKKeneK fan !!

uncore challenged...
    no problem, glad you appreciate the information. this thread is pretty much just a 32M SPi tweaking thread with a results list to go along with it, many guys have helped this thread provide information so that is why i kept it going from Coop's original great thread.

yeah i run olive green Luna theme for benching then switch to classic to save a little bit of screenshot size. as for resolution, i keep it at 1680x1050. at times i have benched with no drivers so sometimes resolution is at 1280x1024 but i honestly don't have the testing done whether or not GPU drivers installed/not installed helps. i know installing ATI drivers slows things down because of the amount of memory they eat, not sure about NVIDIA drivers though.

i don't need luck, but i'll take it...i need 34 hour days
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    no problem, glad you appreciate the information. this thread is pretty much just a 32M SPi tweaking thread with a results list to go along with it, many guys have helped this thread provide information so that is why i kept it going from Coop's original great thread.

yeah i run olive green Luna theme for benching then switch to classic to save a little bit of screenshot size. as for resolution, i keep it at 1680x1050. at times i have benched with no drivers so sometimes resolution is at 1280x1024 but i honestly don't have the testing done whether or not GPU drivers installed/not installed helps. i know installing ATI drivers slows things down because of the amount of memory they eat, not sure about NVIDIA drivers though.

i don't need luck, but i'll take it...i need 34 hour days

I thought resolution of our screen didn't influence the score, maybe is that because I also do not use no graphic driver to that kind of benches. good confirmation for me so.

bye
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Xtreme Addict
    I also run SPi with no VGA drivers installed Not any particular reason, I just remember of reading that in one of hipro's posts (no VGA drivers installed) so I gave it a try, and I was faster than my SPi runs with ATi drivers Minutes after that incident, I learned that ATi drivers really "destroy" SPi calculation time ...
    As for nVidia drivers, I know that some guys have them installed but a bit chopped, instead of completely un-installed Anyway, I need it test more thoroughly so that I can come to a 100% right conclusion

Olive Luna theme works for me great for SPi 32M, but not that great for 1M ... With my SPi benching OS (85MB XP+SP2 - that's my full stable one, 'cause all the others I have that are even lighter, for example one in 75MB do not work that well ), the best theme for 1M is Silver Luna

Jody we appreciate all the information provided, keep them coming mate

Oh, almost forgot, ToyTen check your PMs

Xtreme Member
    thx George, got it.

I hope you own oneof these REx, there is a goodie in your MP, that i actually use myself at the moment

bye
    DiKKeneK fan !!

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    You're doing well ToyTen....

Yes NO VGA drivers for me either....PCI VGA OR BEST a bit older PCI-E VGA with Windows' default VGA drivers for it.....

I tried the sub 4000MHz yesterday when I was warming up my CPU after an LN2 benching session I had, and I was doing 658MHz FSB x 6 = 3950MHz with rams 2:3 = 987MHz......
    It was dumn FAST and without any CopyWaza thing.....Just flat run.....
    I'll re bench it though cuz I quit it due to start reaching ++ temperatures on my CPU....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    You're doing well ToyTen....

Yes NO VGA drivers for me either....PCI VGA OR BEST a bit older PCI-E VGA with Windows' default VGA drivers for it.....

I tried the sub 4000MHz yesterday when I was warming up my CPU after an LN2 benching session I had, and I was doing 658MHz FSB x 6 = 3950MHz with rams 2:3 = 987MHz......
    It was dumn FAST and without any CopyWaza thing.....Just flat run.....
    I'll re bench it though cuz I quit it due to start reaching ++ temperatures on my CPU....
    Thank you hipro5, but unno, don't speed up this bench soo much

658 fsb... So the inerty(?) of LN² wasn't enought to keep cpu at reasonable t°C till the end of the 32M ? dommage, it would have been quiet interesting in many ways.

I'm actually testing a 2K8 server "Standart", I'm completely lost in it's services/processes anyway I like it, hope to see your result soon
    DiKKeneK fan !!

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast