Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turtletraxs' "Go Broke" TJ-07 Dual Loop

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Any idea what the price range on murderboxes are??
    I believe we should be finding out very soon as Charles mentioned the site was almost done....this waiting is killing me as I want to get some murdermod parts for my build!

Banned
    Any idea what the price range on murderboxes are??
    They start at about $5800 and can go up to past $8000. I fooled around with the configurator for a couple minutes and thats what I found anyways.

Banned
    Say what?

EDIT :
    Holy ake mushrooms I thought you meant the case.

Xtreme Member
    I just checked again and prices are up today. For what I would say is a very good system ist about 5500 CAD I don't know the exchange rate for US dollars but DAMN!! I do have to say that the systems look incredible and I wish him the best of luck.

On topic: Any progress TT??

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see your post TT

Banned
    OK, so my EK Back came in yesterday and my RAM and fans should be in tomorrow. Looks like the fans for sure as I got a door knocker for pickup tomorrow. Which is good news because I thought they were lost at this point.

Will most likely loop up tomorrow night and Sunday and get it running and take a break on this mod. Most likely will just pick up the sleeving and get the window cut and then resume with the insanity after Christmas. I just have too much to pay for with moving and all.

But I will finnish it the way I want for sure.

On to some pics of the ram block...

In the last pic you can notice the proximity to the RAM slots. Might be hard to remove the stick closest to the CPU and a Corsair RAM fan is a no-go.

LMK what you guys think

Banned
    You know if you add the costs of the GTX280 + EK Full Cover + EK Ram WB = I don't want to know.

Awesome build dude and I love everything.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks real nice mate. What barbs are those on the Ek block?

Also Gabe is said that the new Swiftech chipset block it due to be released sometime next week if you're still interested.

This stuff can sure get expensive fast, and it's better to space that out over more time. Take your time and keep the mrs. happy.

Banned
    They look like the normal [silver] 1/2" Bitspower fittings to me. Maybe Danger Den's versions? OMG I want your fc blocks. It's a fc sandwich with a nice GTX280 steak with loads of TIM sauce

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    You know if you add the costs of the GTX280 + EK Full Cover + EK Ram WB = I don't want to know.

Awesome build dude and I love everything.
    Thanks M8, I appreciate all the great comments

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Looks real nice mate. What barbs are those on the Ek block?

Also Gabe is said that the new Swiftech chipset block it due to be released sometime next week if you're still interested.

This stuff can sure get expensive fast, and it's better to space that out over more time. Take your time and keep the mrs. happy.
    Those are the BP Fatboys. I got them with my EK FC block from Petra. He was out of EK barbs.

I look forward to the Swifty NB block. Will most likely pic it up.

They look like the normal [silver] 1/2" Bitspower fittings to me. Maybe Danger Den's versions? OMG I want your fc blocks. It's a fc sandwich with a nice GTX280 steak with loads of TIM sauce
    LOL, that is halarious M8. You crack me up too

Hope to have some figures to see if it was worth it !

Xtreme Addict
    Wow turtletrax...how much does that weigh with all that copper on it?
    RIG 1 (in progress):
    Core i7 920 @ 3GHz 1.17v (WIP) / EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI / Crucial D9JNL 3x2GB @ 1430 7-7-7-20 1T 1.65v
    Corsair HX1000 / EVGA GTX 295 SLI / X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Pro / Samsung SyncMaster 245b 24" / MM H2GO
    2x X25-M 80GB (RAID0) + Caviar 500 GB / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1 Build 7100

RIG 2:
    E4500 @ 3.0 / Asus P5Q / 4x1 GB DDR2-667
    CoolerMaster Extreme Power / BFG 9800 GT OC / LG 22"
    Antec Ninehundred / Onboard Sound / TRUE / Vista 32

Xtreme Member
    I was just going to ask about the weight on your card, when I did mine I only had 1 side with a block and the 8800GT looked like it would snap if I sneezed. Is it holding up OK if not what do you plan to do? I made up a "hanger" bracket with a piece of aluminum looks great and works great too.

Damn you are spending alot on the build and let me just say it shows! Everything looks awesome.

BTW I don't know if you have any BP rotary 90's or 45's but they have been recalled due to lots of them leaking. I have to wait 2-4 weeks for replacements now so my build is on hold too, sux

Banned
    I was just going to ask about the weight on your card, when I did mine I only had 1 side with a block and the 8800GT looked like it would snap if I sneezed. Is it holding up OK if not what do you plan to do? I made up a "hanger" bracket with a piece of aluminum looks great and works great too.

Damn you are spending alot on the build and let me just say it shows! Everything looks awesome.

BTW I don't know if you have any BP rotary 90's or 45's but they have been recalled due to lots of them leaking. I have to wait 2-4 weeks for replacements now so my build is on hold too, sux
    uhhh,could you please show a link to info on this recall.i have a couple rotary 90`s enroute from the usa

Xtreme Addict

Seriously?

I have 4 of them sitting here waiting to go into my re-build!
    RIG 1 (in progress):
    Core i7 920 @ 3GHz 1.17v (WIP) / EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI / Crucial D9JNL 3x2GB @ 1430 7-7-7-20 1T 1.65v
    Corsair HX1000 / EVGA GTX 295 SLI / X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Pro / Samsung SyncMaster 245b 24" / MM H2GO
    2x X25-M 80GB (RAID0) + Caviar 500 GB / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1 Build 7100

RIG 2:
    E4500 @ 3.0 / Asus P5Q / 4x1 GB DDR2-667
    CoolerMaster Extreme Power / BFG 9800 GT OC / LG 22"
    Antec Ninehundred / Onboard Sound / TRUE / Vista 32

Banned
    You send an email to Bitspower. No idea what is happening as I haven't heard a thing back. Not that I really care because I cannot pull mine off without being a retard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
    Wow turtletrax...how much does that weigh with all that copper on it?
    Well over a kilo. Not sure on the eact weight, I will get back on that.

She's a huge b!tch!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I wanted it to be invisible so I was thinking of trying light weight fishing wire. I will try it and see if it works, if not I will go to a beefier idea.

Thanks m8

Ouch. I will be looping up tonite tomorrow, so I pray to god that they dont leak.

Quote Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
    Seriously?

I have 4 of them sitting here waiting to go into my re-build!
    I pray for you too man, I will be pissed if mine leak...

Xtreme Member
    FISHING WIRE!!! DAmn why didn't I think of that great idea man I think Im gonna change mine now, LOL Thanks. I think monofilament will react to UV also I have to check

All the info I have is from PPCs in a reply to my email asking why they were out of stock and when would they be available again. They replied
    Performance-PCs.com Sales
    to me

Yes a small percent leaked. We have no firm ETA and so cant do backorder, sorry. You can contact Bitspower if you want yours replaced. They will resend you without having to send back.
    I still havent gotten a reply from BP but it is Sunday so I know itll be a few days yet. I will keep you posted
    You send an email to Bitspower. No idea what is happening as I haven't heard a thing back. Not that I really care because I cannot pull mine off without being a retard.
    How long ago did you send them an E-mail?? i sent mine 2 days ago but it was late on a Fri so I figure no one will answer till at least Mon
    Last edited by Detale; 09-06-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Xtreme Member
    how about going horizontal or making a custom card support, like the one in lian li cases, over a kilo makes me worried

Banned
    Finally received my fans. I will have pics tonite.

Thanks Utnorris The are amazing!

Banned
    I think I sent mine on Tuesday?

Fishing wire. . . .. that's just awesome.

Banned
    Well the EK FC block and Ram black weighs in at 1050 grams (dry lol). I think that has to be a record

Here are some pics of the San Ace fans.

Man is it gonna be a tight fit in the basement of this poor TJ

Never go full retard
    San Aces...you building a hovercraft?

Looking good TurtleTrax!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    San Aces...you building a hovercraft?

Looking good TurtleTrax!!!

Well I have to escape somehow when the power company tries to get me to pay the bill LOL.

Thanks Skinnee, all the wonderful comments sure help, empty the wallet that is LOL

Blue Aqua said you are a great guy, feel free to PM me if you want to add me to MSN. He is a gas, and I trust his judgement in character

Never go full retard
    that BlueAqua...bold faced liar!!!

PM sent!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    that BlueAqua...bold faced liar!!!

PM sent!

LOL, so funny.

Replied!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice work turtletrax!! So are you almost ready to start filling her up?

Cannot wait to see this finished!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast