Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU 1200 Watts by hipro-tech...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

Smile PSU 1200 Watts by hipro-tech...

As title says......

Ready to Rock 'n Roll.....

VERY POWERFULL PSU for the enthousiast market and not only.....

VERY QUITE due to HUGE and quite fan....

Here are some photos of it.....

ENGLISH pdf and specs......

ATTENTION PLEASE......

USERS who have bought the DDR Maximizer with BLUE LEDS - The "Limited Edition" one - , PM me with it's serial number to get FOR FREE a 1200 Watts PSU as it was written inside the box of the DDR Maximizer on a sticker...... You LUCKY GUYS....

Last edited by hipro5; 11-07-2007 at 09:43 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    cheers
    DFI Lanparty LT X48-T2R
    Intel Q6600 L737B242 ~ VID 1.2125 ~ 4000mhZ @ 1.48 vcore {lapped}
    eVGA 8800GTS (G92) 512MB {stock}
    Crucial Ballistix PC8500 Tracer ~ 1200mhZ 5-5-5-12 @ 2.05v
    Lian Li PC-V1000 {modded}
    Corsair HX 620W
    Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic
    Western Digital Raptor X 150GB
    Thermalright-Ultra120 Xtreme {lapped} ft. Scythe S-Flex SFF21F S-FDB ~ Push & Pull

Champion
    Finally,you made very-very good PSU! Great job!

And some people so lucky unfornulately I'm no.
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Thank you guys....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Looks good, by any chance you you use the same OEM as the SilverStone OP1200? They look almost identical.

PSU Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Deux View Post
    Looks good, by any chance you you use the same OEM as the SilverStone OP1200? They look almost identical.
    Came out of the same factory too

UL number is Seventeam's.
    Last edited by Oklahoma Wolf; 11-07-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Jetway HA07-Ultra, Phenom 9600, 4GB G.Skill 1066, Antec CP-1000, 3R Ice Age, Ultra Aluminus, HD2600XT, WD Black 640GB, Seagate 500GB 7200.11, Maxtor 200GB Diamondmax 10, Lite-On 48125W, Pioneer DVR-115D, Plextor PX-716SA

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
    Came out of the same factory too

UL number is Seventeam's.
    Part number is too
    Paul Johnson
    [H]ardOCP PSU Editor

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice looking unit.

I thought it looked like Silverstone's lineup as well.

All of the cables are sleeved, not just to the first connector? If all cables are sleeved, bravo!

Im sure Jonny Guru would love to test one of these.

Pictures of internals?

Xtreme Member
    yep, not to sound rude but it looks like another rebranding to me. Looks very nice though, the seventeam 1200w is an excellent psu .
    Last edited by npk; 11-07-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Yep. Seventeam "Thundering" ST1200E-AF.

Already have one. All cables sleeved, yadda, yadda. Wolf should be hammering out a review for December.

Good job just the same though. Nice choice in OEM and smart move financially since Seventeam has no MOQ.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Whats MOQ?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    NOT exactly the same........

After our demand, WE have "chosen" the internal components of it (power output Mos-Fets - bigger ones than the "default" - )/caps/etc......PLUS a "secret" which will be known since reviewers takes one of them into their hands.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 11-07-2007 at 11:42 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    Whats MOQ?
    Minimum Order Quantity.

Xtreme Member
    ooo a hipro5 psu and soon a jonnyguru one this is exciting. Now if shamino would just start selling GPUs life would be perfect.
    CPU:X3210 G0@3.6 (8x450 1.48v)
    MOBO: Asus P5K Premium, bios 402
    RAM: 4x 1GB DDR2-1066 @ 1080 5-5-5-15 2.3v
    CASE: antec 900
    GPU: XFX GeForce 7900gt @600/1900
    PSU: silverstone OP1000
    Cooling: MCP655, Apogee GT, MCR320-QP-K

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Really nice Hipro and the guys that bought the maximizer are really lucky

Xtreme Guru
    Nice, I can see this easily being on par with pc power and cooling, and the best part is no tiny delta fan to boot! I don't get why ocz didn't get the message that people prefer silence
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Memory Addict
    Ooooh nice - btw what's the RRP price for these ??? connector arrangement ??

yeah those folks with maximizers are very lucky indeed!
    ---

Xtreme Legend
    nice one hipro

hey eva pretty sure Ken stocks teamseven gear so you can get an idea what the "value" teamseven will cost

look forward to the unveiling of these super secret features

i noticed that there will be a Limited Edition PSU as well with some superhigh 12V rail readings that's pretty cool hheheh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

PIfection
    congrats on the launch of the new units hipro,

they look good, make the 1000OP 80A look lame,

good luck!

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Thanks guys......

I have to add something here to PSU testers/reviewers.....

When you test a PSU in idle, in middle load and in full load, did you EVER try to feed it with load from idle to load INSTANTLY....
    What do I mean? (...and some testing methods).....

a. NONE of you who measure them and reviewing them with "Dummy loads" (resistors for load) and not onto a motherboard, have put on its outputs a 100nF CERAMIC and a 220uF TANTALUM capacitors in parallel so to "semi-perform" and "simulate" the "motherboard" and not to produse by its own oscillations..... No?....Why?.....You just trough it onto resistor load and that's it......WRONG.....Why?.......Because you HAVE to "through" it onto a CARBON HIGH WATTAGE resistor and NOT onto a metal film or METAL wired resistor......
    This is because METAL wire resistors are becoming COILS (chokes) and they OSCILLATE (producing RF) at certain frequencies with the switching power supplies, so you measure these oscillations as well......
    Take that into consideration next time......
    You just CAN'T measure ANY type of SWITCHING Power Supply just like that (simple)......One the other hand, IF it's a LINEAR PSU, you can do whatever you want with its outputs.....

b. Have you feed it from idle to load INSTANTLY and MANY TIMES > load - idle - load - idle - load - idle - etc. for MANY times to see if it can "handle it" and not burned down..... OR you just go from idle to load and take your measurements.....

There are TOO many parameters and "heavy" methods to measure/torture a PSU that never have been applied.....

WHO of you have REALLY torture a PSU?......NOT by leaving the load on it for much time......BUT when it's "hot" from the load, remove the load instantly and then apply it and then remove it and then again, etc.....

HAVE you EVER put the PSU you're testing/reviewing (IF you want to do the best review out there?) into a HOT CHAMBER and test it at it 40*C, 50*C, 60*C, 70*C and see how it does by loading it > unloading it >loading it > unloading it, leave the load on, etc?.......NO.......
    Think about that the PSUs out there, aren't working under the same conditions.......
    "a" user works it differently from "b" user..... One user is in Alaska and the other user is in Africa.....

So what do we have here?....

We test it with a digital oscilloscope (for people's "eyes"), we put load on it and test it under different loads......and........THAT'S IT.......We made our review.....
    NO REAL torture on it.......What's the purpose of it......Anyone (who knows 5 things) can buy an oscilloscope and a "Dummy Load" network and start testing......

IF we want to present something "special" to our readers, we HAVE to test it DEEPLY and TORTURE our reviewing samples.......

I mean that you HAVE to test it under these conditions to be sure how it does and IF it doesn't burn down (or it burns down after all the others), you can come up with your conclusions that it's OK or it misses this and that and things like these.....

Though that's only MY opinion on PSU testing....

Last edited by hipro5; 11-07-2007 at 11:54 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    hey hipro

that's perfect just CTRL+A....CTRL+C.....open MS word.....Enter heading "Hipro PSU Review Guide for yus biatches".......CTRL+V.....CTRL+P

perfect
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

naokaji
    the way hipro suggest reviewers should torture test powersupplies i bet more than 50% of all tested ones would go up in smoke....

so how much dose one of those cost like a grand
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    any pics of the inside?

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Thanks guys......

I have to add something here to PSU testers/reviewers.....

When you test a PSU in idle, in middle load and in full load, did you EVER try to feed it with load from idle to load INSTANTLY....
    What do I mean? (...and some testing methods).....

a. NONE of you who measure them and reviewing them with "Dummy loads" (resistors for load) and not onto a motherboard, have put on its outputs a 100nF CERAMIC and a 220uF TANTALUM capacitors in parallel so to "semi-perform" and "simulate" the "motherboard" and not to produse by its own oscillations..... No?....Why?.....You just trough it onto resistor load and that's it......WRONG.....Why?.......Because you HAVE to "through" it onto a CARBON HIGH WATTAGE resistor and NOT onto a metal film or METAL wired resistor......
    This is because METAL wire resistors are becoming COILS (chokes) and they OSCILLATE (producing RF) at certain frequencies with the switching power supplies, so you measure these oscillations as well......
    Take that into consideration next time......
    You just CAN'T measure ANY type of SWITCHING Power Supply just like that (simple)......One the other hand, IF it's a LINEAR PSU, you can do whatever you want with its outputs.....
    Wrong. Please do not make blanket statements. Maybe it's the language barrier, but it makes you sound protentious and arrogant to assume that there are NO PSU reviewers doing "proper" PSU reviews. As for using the proper capacitance: I do, Spectre does, Madmat does to name a few. Don't be so pretentious to think that "all of you guys" simply can't read the ATX12V specification.

Citation: http://www.jonnyguru.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164

Oh... and FWIW, an ATE does not use resistors to create a load.

Citation: http://www.jonnyguru.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26

b. Have you feed it from idle to load INSTANTLY and MANY TIMES > load - idle - load - idle - load - idle - etc. for MANY times to see if it can "handle it" and not burned down..... OR you just go from idle to load and take your measurements.....

There are TOO many parameters and "heavy" methods to measure/torture a PSU that never have been applied.....

WHO of you have REALLY torture a PSU?......NOT by leaving the load on it for much time......BUT when it's "hot" from the load, remove the load instantly and then apply it and then remove it and then again, etc.....
    You need to get out more often. Again, me, Madmat, Spectre.... the load testers we use do not "ramp up" loads. When you hit the test button, it's zero to all, baby. No ramp up. You only get that ramp up effect when you push the up arrow on a SunMoon or TechRed or when you spin the dial up from zero on a Chroma. But that's not normally how you use that kind of machine, is it? No. In addition to this, Spectre uses a transient load application device adding 9.25A to the 12v rail and 3.75A to the 5v rail for a duration of 10ms to the already warm PSU with a hammer of a load to see how severe the resulting voltage drop is.

Citation: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?...50aHVzaWFzdA==

HAVE you EVER put the PSU you're testing/reviewing (IF you want to do the best review out there?) into a HOT CHAMBER and test it at it 40*C, 50*C, 60*C, 70*C and see how it does by loading it > unloading it >loading it > unloading it, leave the load on, etc?.......NO.......
    Think about that the PSUs out there, aren't working under the same conditions.......
    "a" user works it differently from "b" user..... One user is in Alaska and the other user is in Africa.....
    Again.. yes. Madmat and I use a homemade hot box and Spectre uses a modified incubator. Over 50°C? Of course not. That exceeds operating environment temperature of that unit, but do you know what... YOU don't either. That SevenTeam unit isn't going to run with over 50°C intake for very long either, at least not at full load. As it's spec'd out by SevenTeam, it barely does 1200W @ 40°C for any prolonged period of time. Prove me wrong.

Citation: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?...50aHVzaWFzdA==

So what do we have here?....

We test it with a digital oscilloscope (for people's "eyes"), we put load on it and test it under different loads......and........THAT'S IT.......We made our review.....
    NO REAL torture on it.......What's the purpose of it......Anyone (who knows 5 things) can buy an oscilloscope and a "Dummy Load" network and start testing......

IF we want to present something "special" to our readers, we HAVE to test it DEEPLY and TORTURE our reviewing samples.......

I mean that you HAVE to test it under these conditions to be sure how it does and IF it doesn't burn down (or it burns down after all the others), you can come up with your conclusions that it's OK or it misses this and that and things like these.....

Though that's only MY opinion on PSU testing....

I think before you make blanket statements about reviewers and say "NONE of you" as if to imply none of us know what we're doing, you need to do some fact checking.

PM me. I'll get with Kyle and Paul (Spectre) at HardOCP and have Oklahoma tear the unit apart for component analysis. I'm fairly certain we live up to your "standards" for PSU review. And AFAIK, both Spectre and Wolf are familiar with the off the shelf Seventeam unit as I've already sent each of them one of mine.
    Last edited by jonnyGURU; 11-08-2007 at 06:35 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast