Page 202 of 431 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202203204205212252302 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 10760

Thread: Water Cooled Case Gallery

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    Dude, the other two posters are right, much like the air cooling thread this is becomming a work log / nice picture thread.

And telling someone to get a life while your on a forum for geeks is obsurd.
    Totally agree on both points. This IS NOT a worklog thread its a GALLERY and if someone wants to show off their modding hard work and ideas, it belongs in its own thread.

Gallery threads are threads to show off FINISHED work..not 'works in progress'. Moderators need to post some rules for this thread because right now its screwed up with unnecessary and boring pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

....forgive me Father..

Xtreme Member
    i'm a nerd... not a geek.
    Last edited by TheSamurai; 10-05-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Originally Posted by Waterlogged
    This is just a question out of curiosity, when did this become a work log thread?
    I try to understand where you are coming from...but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by buffbiff21 View Post
    Seriously.
    Where is your LC case?

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    Dude, the other two posters are right, much like the air cooling thread this is becomming a work log / nice picture thread.

And telling someone to get a life while your on a forum for geeks is obsurd.
    Point taken on your last comment. I still fail to see how this being a gallery should exclude nice pictures of people's LC work? Is this now your thread? If so please PM a mod and have it cleaned up to meet your criterion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Prodigy View Post
    Totally agree on both points. This IS NOT a worklog thread its a GALLERY and if someone wants to show off their modding hard work and ideas, it belongs in its own thread.

Gallery threads are threads to show off FINISHED work..not 'works in progress'. Moderators need to post some rules for this thread because right now its screwed up with unnecessary and boring pics.
    Your opinions as to what constitutes a Gallery or Boring or Unneccessary are just like anyone else's opinion--valid only to the originator of the opinion. And like many of the members of this "elite" forum you present your opinions as if they had some sort of authority behind them--which since they are not facts and cannot be proven--do not.

Since when is any case finished? And please show me the boring pics. Please: I am trying to understand how this thread has been defiled. If it's so bad PM the originator of the thread and get him on the stick to clean this up!!!

It's a gallery. What exactly is the definition that makes one picture acceptable and another not? I see no guideline in the first post of this thread as to what should NOT be posted. This makes me highly suspicios of those that post negative comments and have NO WORK TO SHOW.

THere are always those in the peanut gallery that like to shout and harass those on the stage...and all it really does is detract from the overall experience.

I am dead serious about this. I have no problem running worklog threads--I have dozens of them. But when I see a watercooling gallery thread and want to share some pics of LC efforts I cannot understand how my pics of my rigs are any different than pics of anyone else's rigs?

Please explain your POV as I think it is nit picking and TBH smallminded and mean.

And BTW why don't you post some shots of your work instead of complaining about other people showing their work. It seems to me that the poeple posting pics are in general enthused and supportive of each other...while those that post rude comments and so on never have anything to show? Am I wrong?

Put up or shut up I say.

And if this thread is "On a runaway train" by all means PM a mod and set them to work cleansing the extraneuous posts!

IMO the only posts on this thread should be by builders with work to show and comments about that work by fellow enthusiasts.

Let the cranky and disgruntled yet ORAL minority troll other threads to pontificate upon...
    Last edited by CyberDruid; 10-05-2007 at 09:46 AM.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by CandymanCan View Post
    I just made my own thread and deleted some of the unessary pics, im not even comment on these guys. Cyberdruid what do you think of that idea i had to make that bottle i showed you into a fish tank res ? Put some rock a plant and that little glowing crystal lol. I might even add some fake fish in it
    I was getting to it. And until I get a PM from a Mod explainging how my pics don't belong here they stay. I've been into PC since 1977...some snot nosed punks with bad attitudes do NOT phase me in the least.

I think your aquarium idea would need a little class to look right TBH. Perhaps a large diameter cylinder or a 6 bay res or something really out of the ordinary. But I would be concerned about any of the "scenery" getting into the pump!

How about a double-wall aquarium with a real aquarium in the center and the LC in the space between the panes?

I dunno--when it come to LC I think the loop needs to be pure and would hesitate about adding anything except maybe a silver coin or something useful like that to the res...
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
    Since when is any case finished? And please show me the boring pics. Please: I am trying to understand how this thread has been defiled.

It's a gallery. What exactly is the definition that makes one picture acceptable and another not?

I am dead serious about this. I have no problem running worklog threads--I have dozens of them. But when I see a watercooling gallery thread and want to share some pics of LC efforts I cannot understand how my pics of my rigs are any different than pics of anyone else's rigs?

Please explain your POV as I think it is nit picking and TBH smallminded and mean.

And BTW why don't you post some shots of your work instead of complaining about other people showing their work. It seems to me that the poeple posting pics are in general enthused and supportive of each other...while those that post rude comments and so on never have anything to show? Am I wrong?
    A case being 'finished' or not is an individual point of view of the builder. However using common sense within context of this thread, it should mean a full and complete watercooled system. I know when I click on the watercooled gallery, I want to see systems not picture of reserviors and styrofoam cups and cutouts.

Since you have no problem with worklogs threads and claim to know what it means, it should be a simple matter of understanding what the difference between a gallery and a worklog thread is.

If you want to share pics of watercooling ideas, that's what the ENTIRE watercooling forum is for...not a gallery for completed systems. Start a new thread and share.

Its very asinine to conclude that "I'm complaining about other people showing their work" and even more sad you don't seem to understand what a gallery is. I've posted my system, but with all the unnecessary and unrelated pictures in this thread, mine and other people's work gets lost with obtuse and excessive non-system posting.

Commenting on other people's systems in a gallery is fine to me, people want to read feedback on their completed work and be proud of it. People want to see systems in a gallery not unnecessary pics of what went on while it was being built..that's what worklogs are for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

....forgive me Father..

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by CandymanCan View Post
    Hmm never thought about that a double wall aquarium huh, the outside could be the reserviour and the inside the fancy stuff. Once i remove the 2 hdd bays, i could fit a 8 by 6 cylinder inside. I dunno how i would come up with a double walla aquarium tho, id have to go do some shopping then. What does LC mean btw ? What do you mean by a 6 bay res ? Something the size of 6 HDD bays in size ? Well the container i have now i guess looks small on the camera but it spans about 4. I would need to find something the size of that white res i have but it needs to be clear
    Liquid Cooling LC lol

A double sided cylinder is easy--two different sizes of tube.

At Dark Prodigy. I am not trying to be argumentative. But there is a general snobby attitude here that irks me. I am not pointing a finger at you or anyone in particular...but there seems to be a mentality here that bashing and trying to rank people into a pecking order is acceptable. To me it is not.

I showed a number of pictures of my completed rigs. I did not post a sequence of shots detailing point A to Point B. I did show some salient details from several angles. Like anyone that posts here I would like to think my posts are appreciated.

I know the value of my work--I get paid highly to do it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ghetto 1337 LC cooling FTW

I am Xtreme
    i have only *EVER* seen TWO water-cooled PCs my *ENTIRE* life... CyberDruid... post away i say the more pics i see of *anything* WC'ing the better
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Cruncher

A friend of mine just finished milling his own waterblock and it is very nice. But for some reason I got even more excited by the barbs he milled...they are really nice.

I am totally nuts about LC/WC whatever you call it. I spend a great deal ofo my time either building or researching builds or dealing with questions about it...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, suppose I'll be a very Jonny-come-lately to this whole thing and post my very mild case mod. It's based on a CoolerMaster Mystique 631. It originally was silver but I started out the mod simply because I wanted it to be a shiny, reflective black....not that hair-lined anodizing CM seems obsessed with.

So, off to the races I went. Now understand, I'm 53 and outside of adding case fans to a case, this is my very first mod of any sort.....so please be gentle with your critique.

This is how it looked at the beginning:

I painted the entire case with a highly metallic Chrysler auto paint.....sanded the case a bit, then used filling primer (instead of etching primer as I wasn't all the way down to bare metal....and etching primer doesn't work too well sprayed over anodizing), and then several coats of paint. After drying for a week or so, I began wet/dry sanding, beginning with 800 grit and progressing up to 2000 grit. I then finished it by buffing with 3M polishing compound, followed by swirl remover, then with glaze. I finished by waxing it all.

This is the result of the work.....unfortunately, it is hard taking pics of it straight on as it's so reflective, it really only shows the metallic part and very little of the shine if a flash is used. But here goes:

That was the exterior. The interior got hand polished....as the entire case is aluminum.....and almost all of the interior surfaces polished quite well....but two panels, the rear and the bottom, were anodized, so I just painted them to match the exterior. The rest of the surfaces, though, were hand polished with Mother's Billet Polish....worked very well.

I started with the HD cage...........came out pretty well.

A bit more of the polishing:

I put some engine-turned vinyl around the case's motherboard tray that would be exposed when the mb was in place......and painted the bottom of the case:

By now I've decided to do a little more than just paint, so I needed a name for the case, as I removed the Mystique name from the case's front. I had an Eagle from the front grille of a 1963 Chrysler Imperial, so decided to play around with it....and eventually mounted it on the case's front and backlit it.

Well, got all the parts assembled......used a Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard, Xeon X3210 cpu, 1 x 2GB Buffalo DDR2-800 RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro video card, etc., etc. Watercooling was provided by a Swiftech Apogee GTX, Swiftech MCR-320, Swiftech MCW30, Swiftech MicroRes, a Laing DDC2 pump, and 3/8" Tygon R-3603 tubing.

Finished, it looked like this:

I know the slits in the door look rather light, but that's because I kept the front faceplate silver, like this:

I used white LED fans on the side and in the rear with red LEDs under the motherboard.....and used an OCZ memory cooler with its blue LEDs:

(Pic with case side off....used flash)

(Pic with case side off.....no flash used)

(Pic with case side on......flash used again)

In case you're wondering what the pic below is of, first another view of it:

That started life as a desk clock, purchased at Summit Racing in Atlanta. I gutted it and fit the working part of a tachometer from a 1976 Fiat Spyder 2000 into the body. Amazingly, the hour markings for the clock almost exactly matched the tach's calibration on the faceplate from the Fiat, so it was just a matter of setting "0", making sure 4K was in the correct place, and marking the numbers in the "correct" positions. The DDC2 has its RPMs just over 4200, and the tach accurately displays it.

Well, I thought it was neat.

Anyway, that's my Imperial case mod......rather simple, I know, but I don't think it's too bad considering it's my first attempt at it.

Thanks for looking!

Papa: Q6600 @ 3.6GHz @ 1.34V, Asus Maximus Formula, 4 x 2GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000, Asus HD4870, Antec Sig. 850, Lian-Li/RF case....WC'd via D-Tek FuZion w/quad nozzle, EK S-Max on NB, Laing DDC2 w/XSPC top, 2 x Feser 240's & one TC 120.1 rads.

Momma: Xeon 3210 @ 2.8GHz, Gigabyte P965-DS3, 4 x 1GB Ballistix DDR2-800, Asus HD3870 TOP, Enhance ENP5150-GH, Lian-Li/RF case, HK Champagne 2.1, Xigmatek HDT cooler

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's nice!
    Vmods - what can possibly go wrong? ©

I am Xtreme
    hey cdale rider awesome rig..

How many hour's of polishing did it take to get a mirror finish like your's? did u sand first of just polish?

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am knocked out. That is true class. I love the RPM mod. Truly fun. Did you simply use the sensor lead from the pump? I had no idea it was that easy to convert an auto tach...

I love the simple elegance of your work . Very inspiriing.

Thanks!

I am Xtreme

A friend of mine just finished milling his own waterblock and it is very nice. But for some reason I got even more excited by the barbs he milled...they are really nice.

I am totally nuts about LC/WC whatever you call it. I spend a great deal ofo my time either building or researching builds or dealing with questions about it...
    This modding and non-air but ambient or above cooling sounds fun . . .think I will go buy a book on it. maybe take a class or two at the local community college.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am knocked out. That is true class. I love the RPM mod. Truly fun. Did you simply use the sensor lead from the pump? I had no idea it was that easy to convert an auto tach...

I love the simple elegance of your work . Very inspiriing.

Thanks!
    For the tach, I took the rpm sensor lead from the pump, attached it to one side of a 3-pin Y adapter, attached the tach lead to the other side of the Y adapter, and plugged the single side to the motherboard for BIOS monitoring of the rpm signal.....and so Everest would have a signal to read.

For the tach, I am admittedly a boneyard junkie and pick up all sorts of stuff whenever I visit one......even if I don't really need it then. The tach from the Fiat was one such item....scavanged the tach, water gauge and oil pressure gauge.....and took them because they were NOT electronic gauges but were instead the old mechanical-type gauges. After I played around with the wiring and figured out what was what wire (all the words were in Italian...so it was plug this in, now plug that in) it has been working great!

Papa: Q6600 @ 3.6GHz @ 1.34V, Asus Maximus Formula, 4 x 2GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000, Asus HD4870, Antec Sig. 850, Lian-Li/RF case....WC'd via D-Tek FuZion w/quad nozzle, EK S-Max on NB, Laing DDC2 w/XSPC top, 2 x Feser 240's & one TC 120.1 rads.

Momma: Xeon 3210 @ 2.8GHz, Gigabyte P965-DS3, 4 x 1GB Ballistix DDR2-800, Asus HD3870 TOP, Enhance ENP5150-GH, Lian-Li/RF case, HK Champagne 2.1, Xigmatek HDT cooler

I am Xtreme
    kool
    Last edited by disruptfam; 10-06-2007 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Xtreme Addict
    I love that tach, amazing idea.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

Xtreme Member
    C'DaleRider what tubes u use ? I see bend on CPU-NB tube....
    We'll Keep the Red Flag flying high - Because Man United will never die

iadstudio
    Very nice. Good attention to detail!

I have a single device and 2 device silver round cables I'm not using if you're interested. I think it would look better in place of that blue ribbon cable.

If you're interested, PM me, I'll send one to you no charge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rns-05[1].jpg 
Views:	3177 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	65360  

nice system C'DaleRider

iadstudio
    Here's mine. I'm not quite done yet, but the inside is close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full.jpg 
Views:	3261 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	65363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp1.jpg 
Views:	3223 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	65364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp2.jpg 
Views:	3197 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	65365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp3.jpg 
Views:	3181 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	65366  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    iadstudio, what NB cooling are you using?
    Vmods - what can possibly go wrong? ©

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rafwlkp View Post
    C'DaleRider what tubes u use ? I see bend on CPU-NB tube....
    The tubing is Tygon 3603 in 3/8" ID-1/2" OD. No matter how I tried to lengthen or shorten the tubing, it always developed a kink, so I put a ziptie where it kinks....about 99% is gone now and really doesn't seem to be hurting my temps.

I'm getting high 50's at load (a Xeon X3210 OC'd to 3.4GHz) and mid-to-upper 30's at idle. I'll take those temps.

I guess the solution is to run the tubing from the upper barb on the cpu block to the NB block, but hate to drain it right now. Probably will get to it eventually, though.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ceemic View Post
    iadstudio, what NB cooling are you using?
    thermalright hr-05-ifx

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Nerdy Powerlifter
    My VERY ugly p180b Build:

Sorry for the poor quality. I only have a camera phone at the moment.

This is my first build and it was completed over a period of months. I had to keep buying parts b/c I basically forgot what I need for a build, lol. I haven't build a computer since 05 and I had most of the parts on hand and most of it was recycled.

I know its VERY ugly inside. It was originally a very clean build, but as I kept adding stuff, I figured I'd just let the inside go to hell b/c I didn't feel like making it look pretty, especially considering the side of the case stays on 24/7. Its a nice case, but cramped for water cooling, especially w/ a large pump. The only positive about having such a large rad and high performance pump is that I can run prime 95 24/7 w/o turning the fans up and the CPU never reaches a critical temp limit. My house is around 72*F usually, although my room is between 72 and 74*F.

BTW, I do have 3 fans on the radiator. I was waiting for another 2 in the mail at that point.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Page 202 of 431 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202203204205212252302 ... LastLast