Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: K10 Scores starting to surface

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    At this level of business you've got the company bet on it..
    The answer is no, your not allowed to fail and if I had $$ I'd buy AMD stock tomorrow!

That's blind faith territory ; Intel failed with Prescott altough it was supposed to be a killer.

You can have a superb product ( Alpha ) and still go down under , far larger companies crumbled in this space ; why whould AMD be exempt ?

K10 will offer sizeable benefits over K8 in the server arena , altough this will be obvious only when it ramps up the clock.But that's about it ; it won't obliterate Core , not to mention Penryn.

I am Xtreme
    i hope later today we see some gaming benches, im curious about the performance of K10 in games.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    well until I can play a DX11 game on my Cellphone
    well you need to buy a cellphone first my friend
    Last edited by Movieman; 08-30-2007 at 10:49 AM.
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8GHZ 1.28V (Core Contact Freezer)
    Asus X58 P6T
    6GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600MHZ 8-8-8-24
    XFX HD5870
    WD 1TB Black HD
    Corsair 850TX
    Cooler Master HAF 922

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay0r View Post
    You on the other hand were graced with foresight on birth ?

How about we tone it down a tad and wait for more results to come in ? you know, cinebench/superprime/superpi produce really fashionable numbers, ay . But what do they mean in "real world" (if it even has a meaning of its own) performance ? not a great deal .

If amd has failed, then so be it . "Better luck next time" .
    Cinebench is portrayed as representative of commercial 3D rendering SW ; that is pretty real world.

After all , what's real world ? 3Dmark ? Games ?

If anything , tests like the above show which core has more oomph , even if the results are semi-worthless for real world.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just because AMD can't release anything that beats a conroe/kentsfield does not mean they will just "suddenly die"...
    I guess if worst comes to worst they can go back to the days of the K6, where they were vastly inferior to intel in terms of performance.
    Q9550 || DFI P45 Jr || 4x 2G generic ram || 4870X2 || Aerocool M40 case || 3TB storage

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo6600 View Post
    well you need to buy a cellphone first my friend
    already taken care of that one (I use it as a modem when I travel)
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by savantu View Post
    Cinebench is portrayed as representative of commercial 3D rendering SW ; that is pretty real world.

If anything , tests like the above show which core has more oomph , even if the results are semi-worthless for real world.
    If the results are correct, then AMD looks like it will be without a paddle in the home market. If this is the case, they better had hope that when put in typical servers, it performs exceptionally well.

I'm just hoping these chips are "broken" revisions and the 3Dmark Phenom is the actual speed. I wont be holding my breath though.

Xtreme Addict

ye, but you have to consider that:
    - only cinebench and wprime were used to measure the performance. this is just a very small amount of benchmarks at all
    - this is just ONE source that shows us its benchmark-scores. if more and different sources report the same performance numbers than we can say that the results are representative (almost).

we won't know for sure until barcelona is officially launched and credible review-sites put it to the acid test.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    lmao!
    What's to laugh about ?

Have you heard of Fusion , Silverthorne ?

The purpose of such devices is to move the PC as we know it on the cellphone. Current cellphones are slowly going uphill into PC territory ; this will advance at a very rapid pace once system-on-a-chip devices appear next year.The whole point is to move x86 down , into cellphone territory and this is the purpose of Silverthorne early next year. ( Iphone 2 will use it according to rumours )

This is real and is happening now ; both Intel and AMD are preparing for the 2010-2012 generation , by that time , cell phones will be more powerfull than current PCs.Add 3D glasses to them and all my multimedia needs are satisfied.

/End off topic.

Xtreme Addict
    What's to laugh about ?

Have you heard of Fusion , Silverthorne ?

The purpose of such devices is to move the PC as we know it on the cellphone. Current cellphones are slowly going uphill into PC territory ; this will advance at a very rapid pace once system-on-a-chip devices appear next year.The whole point is to move x86 down , into cellphone territory and this is the purpose of Silverthorne early next year. ( Iphone 2 will use it according to rumours )

This is real and is happening now ; both Intel and AMD are preparing for the 2010-2012 generation , by that time , cell phones will be more powerfull than current PCs.Add 3D glasses to them and all my multimedia needs are satisfied.

/End off topic.
    yep, our current gfx-cards consume 200w+ and need a bigass cooling solution and you're talking about cellphones that are faster than our current pcs by 2010-2012?

even if this would be true, who could afford these cell phones? talking about premium deluxe highend ultra extreme prices

c'mon, i can't believe you're serious about this...
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Member

imho real world is different from user to user . I'm essentially a gamer, even though my job wants me sat at a pc all day for obvious different reasons . Bearing in mind that I am a fanboy of performance, I'd pass a SPI 1M 15sec pc for one that takes twice or three times as much to complete the loop, if the latter, afterall, ran cpu intensive games at a higher frame rate when compared to the former .

Given that the above has little chances to reflect reality, that's the way I see it .

I am Xtreme
    more on topic:

can anyone provide benches for Friz Chess Bench, CPU Mark 99 with xeons @ 2ghz ?

Banned
    woooooow hold on.....am I right in saying you guys are arguing over an early K10 benchmark submitted by an INTEL fanboi?

You can't pay attention to a bench from people who jumped ship to intel and have licked their a$$e$ ever since.

I could bench a Q6700 and show you 28second Pi 1M times......big deal.

to common sense

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLDNER-MOFO64 View Post
    woooooow hold on.....am I right in saying you guys are arguing over an early K10 benchmark submitted by an INTEL fanboi?

You can't pay attention to a bench from people who jumped ship to intel and have licked their a$$e$ ever since.

to common sense
    i didnt know you know that 84036980 dude, who posted the benchmarks... so everyone who posts something "negative" about amd is a intel fanboy...

btw. nice ninja edit on the 18 secs to 28 secs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    i didnt know you know that 84036980 dude, who posted the benchmarks... so everyone who posts something "negative" about amd is a intel fanboy...

btw. nice ninja edit on the 18 secs to 28 secs.
    lol...no no not everyone.....just the INTEL fanatics who submit K10 scores

yeah, I'm ninja-like alright

Xtreme Member

to common sense
    my common sense fails to understand how one could be "fan boy" of either company, never mind "jumping ship", unless there were lucrative reasons in the background .

it's like me turning down a ford mustang for a fiat panda (given that money wasn't an issue) because fiat is an italian brand . what the .

Xtreme Mentor
    AMD ppl appears! Have been a long time without them in this thread. Only informal remains in silent

Now we have some real numbers, more to come in the upcoming days. As spected, K10 seems to be a disappointment. And that really sucks. No competition to Intel = Intel wont innovate as fast as they do with the C2D.

AMD BAD!!!
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned
    my common sense fails to understand how one could be "fan boy" of either company, never mind "jumping ship", unless there were lucrative reasons in the background .

it's like me turning down a ford mustang for a fiat panda (given that money wasn't an issue) because fiat is an italian brand . what the .
    Put it this way, when I see an AMD user post K10 benches I'll believe them, or atleast someone with some credibility.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Put it this way, when I see an AMD user post K10 benches I'll believe them, or atleast someone with some credibility.
    And if the benchies are true, then AMD could well be in very big trouble.

Xtreme Addict

Italian is Italian , how can you turn down a fiat ,,,

some people will favor a product over another one due to a good past experience ,, the other type of fan boys those who pays more to get less either stupid people or retarded ,,, you should only buy whatever will give you the best for your budget and always hope for better competition and better performance with every advancement
    Last edited by kemo; 08-30-2007 at 02:08 AM.
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8GHZ 1.28V (Core Contact Freezer)
    Asus X58 P6T
    6GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600MHZ 8-8-8-24
    XFX HD5870
    WD 1TB Black HD
    Corsair 850TX
    Cooler Master HAF 922

Xtreme Member
    fair enough, i still fail to see how one can only either be amd or intel. I have both in my house, does that make me an untrustable bad e-person ?

Italian is Italian , how can you turn down a fiat
    well, if i was to choose between italian brands, i'd be more prone to buy off alfa romeo or ferrari(i wish).

you should only buy whatever will give you the best for your budget and always hope for better competition and better performance with every advancement
    Last edited by Slay0r; 08-30-2007 at 02:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Already got my Alfa

Xtreme Addict
    Soo anyway... now you've all stopped being b1tches at each other (yeah right!)

..here are some some:

1Mb K8 (Windsor) Super pi @ 2ghz , with DDR2 667, to serve as some sort of comparison, since the opty's must be running reg'd 667.

And a 32bit cinebench 10 single CPU score..

So this should give a rough idea of the single core performance delta if these benchmarks are a true representation:

5% faster at super pi

somewhere between 0 ann 7% faster @ cinebench, depending on how much K8 scales in 64bit version.. (anyone?)

If someone with a socket F opty system lurks out there on 64bit would like to do the same.. would be good.

XS News
    Well this was just sad!
    They wont earn 1 buck on these..i bet price will be really really cheap cuz thats the only reason for going with these ones over Intel.

At least the AMD vs Intel fight is over and now we have to wait for 2009 or so when they fired the whole crew and make a good product.
    Last edited by Ubermann; 08-30-2007 at 02:25 AM.
    Everything extra is bad!

Somebody somewhere has to start posting up a full suite of K10 benchmarks for 3 reasons.

1) To get a clear picture of whats what.

2) To get an idea of overclock ability.

3) Cos I'll go banannas waiting and wondering.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast