Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applause For PPC's & Sidewinder & A Flame for the EGG!

I am Xtreme

Applause For PPC's & Sidewinder & A Flame for the EGG!

I typically don't flame any person or company, but I feel compelled to rant this evening! For those of you that are familiar with my Madness Build, you will understand.

So here is what I did Saturday; I ordered 2x285 GTX's (Shazza's fault) cards from the Egg, 2x285 EK FC Acrylic FC H20 (Shazza's fault again) blocks and other assorted items from PPC's, and I ordered an item from Sidewinder that will stay undisclosed for the time being.

So everything looked good this morning until the Egg had a problem and screwed up my order. I spent a total of two hours with them on the phone over about 11-12 conversations.

My point is this; I spent much more in the way of $$$ with the Egg and yet I changed my order with PPC's three times and once with Sidewinder, what gives? WTF has happened to CS in this great country? My entire build will have to wait an extra day due to the egg.

BTW, I ordered my my third "Psychopack" from Charles and it arrived on my doorstep within four days!

I am very fortunate to be able to have the means, but you would think that the egg could get their togeter!

Thanks for listening!

Xtreme Mentor
    Newegg has a phone number?

I always have to E-Yell at them through their chat screen.
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post

Yes they do......Toll Free: (800) 390-1119
    Have fun!

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Egg. I've been fortunate so far ... no order screwups.

You crack me up ... don't blame me for your 285 envy Both Blue Aqua and I said the 280s would work just fine

(but, they are really nice)

Just talked with Newegg CS last week. Very helpful people. Sorry you had an issue with them. Odd really
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    sorry for the troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post

i vote this as the most epic post ever.
    amd 720
    M4A78T-E
    i gig of crap
    visionek 4850
    seagate 320 GB 7200.10
    WD 640 GB
    swiftech MCR320 swiftech MCP355
    Apogee GTZ
    XPSC Restop

Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    I can say one thing I learned out of all this, I am not buying any Intel SSDs thats for sure...

Xtreme Cruncher
    500+ orders with the egg....no screw ups (unless it was my mistake)...knock on wood
    750W Thermaltake Modular PSU
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8
    Core i7 920 @ 20 X 200 1.325V
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    768 MB EVGA 8800GTX
    1 X 36GB WD Raptor
    2 X 150GB WD RAPTORS
    1 X SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB
    1 X Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB
    16 X NEC DVD Burner
    7 120mm Yate Loon LED Intake Fan
    4 120MM Yate Loon Exhaust Fan
    28" HANNSPREE Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

1 X PA120.3
    1 X PA120.2
    2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    I typically don't flame any person or company, but I feel compelled to rant this evening! For those of you that are familiar with my Madness Build, you will understand.

So here is what I did Saturday; I ordered 2x285 GTX's (Shazza's fault) cards from the Egg, 2x285 EK FC Acrylic FC H20 (Shazza's fault again) blocks and other assorted items from PPC's, and I ordered an item from Sidewinder that will stay undisclosed for the time being.

So everything looked good this morning until the Egg had a problem and screwed up my order. I spent a total of two hours with them on the phone over about 11-12 conversations.

My point is this; I spent much more in the way of $$$ with the Egg and yet I changed my order with PPC's three times and once with Sidewinder, what gives? WTF has happened to CS in this great country? My entire build will have to wait an extra day due to the egg.

BTW, I ordered my my third "Psychopack" from Charles and it arrived on my doorstep within four days!

I am very fortunate to be able to have the means, but you would think that the egg could get their togeter!

Thanks for listening!

Sorry to hear about the problems Rocky, but I would also blame Shazza. Her pictures almost had me reaching for my wallet.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Cruncher
    highlander said it best....."there can be only 1" lol....
    750W Thermaltake Modular PSU
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8
    Core i7 920 @ 20 X 200 1.325V
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    768 MB EVGA 8800GTX
    1 X 36GB WD Raptor
    2 X 150GB WD RAPTORS
    1 X SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB
    1 X Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB
    16 X NEC DVD Burner
    7 120mm Yate Loon LED Intake Fan
    4 120MM Yate Loon Exhaust Fan
    28" HANNSPREE Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

1 X PA120.3
    1 X PA120.2
    2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, the last couple times I ordered from Newegg, I order on a weekend. Do you think they went out Monday? Nope. Tuesday night.

Great speed there. I remember them back in the day. You could order that morning and they would ship that day.
    Heatware: Broken
    Ebay Feedback: Brokennails

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    500+ orders with the egg....no screw ups (unless it was my mistake)...knock on wood
    Same, I must have spent tens of thousands at the Egg without any problems. They didn't pack something once and sent it to me next day air no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Yeah, the last couple times I ordered from Newegg, I order on a weekend. Do you think they went out Monday? Nope. Tuesday night.
    Get a line of credit threw them, they rush ship your orders.

Great speed there. I remember them back in the day. You could order that morning and they would ship that day.
    Ordered Saturday, shipped monday morning.

The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I never had CS issues with them, just their insane shipping charges for even little things like a cable or TIM.
    Current Project: City of Light, (sortof) Updated 3/25 - A New Arrival

Xtreme Cruncher

Do you know how many orders new egg has to deal with everyday? i don't know how many but i would dare to say that is more than all top 5 LC shops put together, so it is unfair to compare one store that does 100 orders a week vs one that does 1000 a day.

Newegg is no doubt the best PC parts store online right now, you think new eggs takes a while to ship then check zipzoomfly or tigerdirect(compusa) those take 2-3 days more than the egg.

nothing is perfect and when they have to deal with 1000+ orders a day they are bound to have a hiccups here and there but they are always willing to work out the problems and as far as i am concerned it is easier to get in touch with a CS rep on newegg than it is on my cell company(TM).
    Last edited by tsukuyomi; 03-02-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    Ci7 Wimpy

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsukuyomi View Post
    Do you know how many orders new egg has to deal with everyday? i don't know how many but i would dare to say that is more than all top 5 LC shops put together, so it is unfair to compare one store that does 100 orders a week vs one that does 1000 a day.

Newegg is no doubt the best PC parts store online right now, you think new eggs takes a while to ship then check zipzoomfly or tigerdirect(compusa) those take 2-3 days more than the egg.

nothing is perfect and when they have to deal with 1000+ orders a day they are bound to have a hiccups here and there but they are always willing to work out the problems and as far as i am concern is easier to get in touch with a CS rep on newegg than it is on my cell company(TM).
    +1, Very easy to deal with. Customer there for 7 years

ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 920 cpu | Corsair Tri Channel 6 GB | GTX 580 FTW Hydro | Corsair P256 SSD| 4 TB OF HDD | Corsair HX1000 PSU
    Loop #1: TFC 480 | KOOLANCE 350 BLOCK | Loop #2: TFC 360 | FTW HYDRO | Swiftech NB Block | MM Pinnacle 24 Case

HEAT

Current on going build, Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24

Xtreme Member
    Sorry about your trouble dealing with the Egg. I've never had a problem with them.

heat
    TJ07-Ultra 1200W-E8400-Rampage Formula-4870-4gb G.skill-74gb Raptor-500gb Seagate-Windows 7

Apogee GTZ-XSPC Razor-DDC3.2 w/ XSPC top-PA120.3-MCR220-EK 250 res

Only problem I had with the Egg was them shipping a replacement video card to an old address. To be fair, it was the address I was at when I bought it. I called them up and they said they would fix it. Somehow they managed to get FedEx to reroute the package mid-shipment to my new address.

Xtreme Addict
    Are you kidding me? Newegg is probably the best electronic retailer and by far has the best CS. I've never seen anyone else other than EVGA take back some to fthe things they've taken back and without much hassle.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know sometimes things slip through, and if you happen to get that one tech who has problems, man, that sucks. I think I've dealt with that in almost every business. get the wrong person on the wrong day, and it just goes south from there. And man, does that kill your whole day
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Addict
    Newegg currently stocks over 60,000 different products and ships up to 25,000 orders per day, 98% of them within 24 hours.

From 2006

Inside Newegg: They give us a Tour and you a Prize

They're even bigger now....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I never even pay for the "Rush Processing" and my NewEgg Purchases all the way back to 2004 have all been shipped the same day I ordered them, except for one that I ordered on Sunday. I have about 10 pages worth of order history on their site.

In my opinion, NewEgg is a model of modern Logistics.

I am Xtreme
    For some reason I have had bad luck with them and my order still has not shipped. My wife has had great success maybe I am jinxed with the Egg?

Maybe cancel the order then next day make a new order? Might help to reset whatever got goofed.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    I ordered my 3 285s on a thursday night. They shipped that friday. Got them on wednesday. Havent had any issues with newegg. They even gave me return shipping labels on the defective DFI boards i bought.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Maybe cancel the order then next day make a new order? Might help to reset whatever got goofed.
    Tried that one too!

However, I managed to get a manager on the phone this afternoon and he ate the shipping charge
    He also said he would call me in the morning to confirm my order actually shipped. This is good! I just received an e-mail from them and my package appears to have been shipped.
    I did receive all my goodies from Sidewinder and PPC's and I am ready!
    Time for a scotch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast