Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Look famiar? Hey Bei Fei!

Tim , are there any plans to combine with COV-RP400 ?

I am Xtreme
    For those that didn't like the acrylic Koolance top.

Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Guru
    For full bling set only thing that's left - to sleeve pump's wires

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Wish I had the space in my mini-tower for a heatsink, pump, pump top and reservoir. I really like that setup Waterlogged.

I am Xtreme

Talking I just had to be a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Somehow I expect to see waterblocks for those kits in a while (possibly DIY'ed) .
    Your wish is my command.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    We have a design for that, too. But there aren't any current plans to produce it.

Tim
    You sure about that? BTW, I found a use for that GPU-220 that didn't fit my GFX card.

Last edited by Waterlogged; 07-25-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Guru
    looking sweet their waterlogged , I remember the days when everyone was fully against koolance, Koolance is taking over now hehe well starting too!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mjtir View Post
    Tim , are there any plans to combine with COV-RP400 ?
    We don't have plans to sell them as one product. COV-RP400 "works" with this heat sink, but the 120mm mounting bracket included with COV-RP400 currently doesn't align with HTS-PMP400 (which is being corrected in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    You sure about that? BTW, I found a use for that GPU-220 that didn't fit my GFX card.
    Ha! Microfin block for the pump... I think the only thing left now is a DDC LN2 pot.

Tim

Chasing After Diety
    And people laughed at me for watercooling my SAS controller.

At least mine killed all the noise.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    And people laughed at me for watercooling my SAS controller.

At least mine killed all the noise.
    Yeah, I got told I was basically an idiot for WC'ing my PERC5i card on overclock.net. I figured I had the block and it was quieter, so why not.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Great thread, great product, I guess the question is will this work with my existing top. I have an ek top v2.... have to check out the threading.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Unhappy

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, cannot it be simply dremeled off? I'd prefer rev2 though, that works with dual tops aswell :/

I am Xtreme
    Rioja: I'm not sure about general compatibility with dual tops, but you don't need the heat sink bracket to face side-to-side like that. It can be rotated front-to-back (relative to the nozzles/top). You just have to make sure the wire coming out of the pump during installation is oriented correctly for the bottom bracket. (This is illustrated on an earlier page, it relates to the pump wire solder points.)

Tim

When I look at the install diagram and the pictures it seems like they are different, the mounting sides vs. the small bracket with out screw holes.

Can someone provide dimensions of the Koolance heat sink and mounting bracket and orientation?

I bet some modding is involved, but thats what we do, Dremel, grinder, duct tape...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Well, the main body can be rotated 90° from that position in relation to the top, so those tabs are in the "front" and "back". The minimum center to center distance between the holes in the dual top would need to be about 13.8mm from the rough measurements I was able to take of the PMP-AC400 I have for them to work with a dual top.

Anyone out there that a has a dual top or two that could take some accurate measurements?
    Circles SucQ!

I am Xtreme
    I don't suppose anyone has tried to use these w/ a dual top yet? If not can anyone using a ddc dual top can anyone take a pic showing how close the two pumps sit together?

Also Koolance, are screw holes on the bottom of the heatsink meant to fit any fan size or no?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'd like to know ifs it's works on swiftechs new mcp-35x ....?

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    I'd like to know ifs it's works on swiftechs new mcp-35x ....?

Just tested on mine. . .
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just tested on mine. . .
    Crap..... now i gota buy 2. ....lol

MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^

I can't wait to see the bill for "Overkill"
    X2k
    The comments above are in no way endorsed by the management, the poster or any sane, rational, intelligent entity. Any complaints or offence arising from said comments can please refer to Avatar <

Xtreme Member
    Hi,
    Some have been wondering whether 2 of these heatsinks - 2 Koolance HTS-PMP400 - fit to the EK Dual DDC V2 Top - the answer is - yes, with a little help of a dremel.

Here's a way to do it:

1) One of the "sidepods" on each of the metal frame has to be removed:

2) Here's the frame after cutting of not needed bit:

Cut piece vs uncut:

3) Here's the clearance after cutting and mounting:

4) Here's the heatsinks on:

5) Finished product - looks quite nice - and definitely much better than my old plastic housing cut with a dremel

I'll post it to both threads where the questions were - so it will be easier to find the answer.
    Last edited by luke997; 05-18-2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Added full product name for easier google
    Check out my WC worklog: BSG Pegasus - Lian Li PC-A77B
    Rev. 1.0 Photos ----- Rev 1.1 Photos ----- Rev 1.4 Photos ----- Rev 2.0 Photos ----- Rev 3.0 Photos -----
    Detailed flow comparison across all revisions ----- i7 980X @ 4960Mhz

PC:
    i7 980X 4.2GHz @1.31v / Asus Rampage III Black Edition / Corsair Dom GT 3x4GB 2000 CL9 / 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB
    Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB / 2x WD 2TB EARS / WD 2.5" 500GB / LG Blu-Ray DVD
    Lian Li PC-A77B / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / MS X-6 / SS Ikari / Logitech G27 + X230 / Win 7 x64 Pro
    3x Dell AW2310 120Hz 3D + Nvidia 3D Vision Surround

WC:
    3x DDC 3.25 + 3x HTS-PMP400 / EK DDC Dual V2 + Single V2 Tops - Single loop / EK Multi-Option / Bitspower fittings
    EK Supreme HF v3 / 2x EK GTX 5X0 Acetal + Nickel / Primochill LRT Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD
    2x XSPC RX360 + RX240 / Aquaero 5 Pro + flow & temp sensors / 21x Akasa Apache Black

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ah, nice effort, Luke, I like.

I have ordered 2 off these to go with my RP-401X2 reservoir and 2x 3.25 Laings for my Project. As you have done, I will need to mod the brackets to fit to this reservoir. But, the end-result will look pretty decent.

I note you have 2 different brackets - old and new revisions?

ps: Apologies for reviving this one
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

I am Xtreme
    WOW! Good catch on that Beany ol boy.

Luke, in step 3, the housing on the left has the wrong orientation. It should be 90° so that the solder joints for the wires are in one of the open areas.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hehe - no worries, Waterlogged - saw he had two different revision-brackets, so I guess he will have to dremel a notch to accommodate the cables, as he can't rorate the bracket really.....pity about the revision-differences....

Just glad you pointed me in the direction of the Heatsinks a few days ago.....so now at least the Wife can blame someone else for once
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    I note you have 2 different brackets - old and new revisions?
    I got 3 heatsinks from 2 shops, 1 was older revision - the bracket is a bit different and you have to cut the thermal pad yourself - new revision have it ready cut.

Luke, in step 3, the housing on the left has the wrong orientation. It should be 90° so that the solder joints for the wires are in one of the open areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    Hehe - no worries, Waterlogged - saw he had two different revision-brackets, so I guess he will have to dremel a notch to accommodate the cables, as he can't rorate the bracket really.....pity about the revision-differences....
    I thought about it while doing it, however:
    1) Top and bottom parts (orientation as on the photo) are securing the frame around the pump and as it's surely for a reason. If I moved it by 90 I would have to cut it so they would "squeeze" the lower frame in place anymore.

2) There is enough clearance between the solder/wires and the housing to eliminate any risk of shorting - so I had no need to dremel it for that.

BTW - obviously the left one is the old revision but in case if anyone wonders...
    Check out my WC worklog: BSG Pegasus - Lian Li PC-A77B
    Rev. 1.0 Photos ----- Rev 1.1 Photos ----- Rev 1.4 Photos ----- Rev 2.0 Photos ----- Rev 3.0 Photos -----
    Detailed flow comparison across all revisions ----- i7 980X @ 4960Mhz

PC:
    i7 980X 4.2GHz @1.31v / Asus Rampage III Black Edition / Corsair Dom GT 3x4GB 2000 CL9 / 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB
    Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB / 2x WD 2TB EARS / WD 2.5" 500GB / LG Blu-Ray DVD
    Lian Li PC-A77B / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / MS X-6 / SS Ikari / Logitech G27 + X230 / Win 7 x64 Pro
    3x Dell AW2310 120Hz 3D + Nvidia 3D Vision Surround

WC:
    3x DDC 3.25 + 3x HTS-PMP400 / EK DDC Dual V2 + Single V2 Tops - Single loop / EK Multi-Option / Bitspower fittings
    EK Supreme HF v3 / 2x EK GTX 5X0 Acetal + Nickel / Primochill LRT Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD
    2x XSPC RX360 + RX240 / Aquaero 5 Pro + flow & temp sensors / 21x Akasa Apache Black

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast