**pictures

more pictures..

the setup...

rads:
    cpu & nb

loop1: nb
    loop2: cpu

cpu loop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The game plann

Simple as it is. Here’s the brief procedure.

1. Connected everything
    2. Bleed the loop and check for leaks(micro_res v2 makes bleeding a breeze 2minutes and the loop is clear of air bubbles)
    3. Mounted the water block
    4. Load bios oc settings (4140 ht on vcore at 1.568v)
    5. Prime95(load percentage average: 99.9% as reported by realtemp, windows vista tweaks help) large fft 20minutes(higher heat) check if temps improve if not, then remount
    6. record room temp and start realtemp
    7. repeat

cpuz screenshot

Room temperature was controlled to about 23.8c, minimum and max temps were 23.3 and 24.1

sample tim application using a flexible plast strip..almost perfectly flat in less than 5seconds...

Results(best 3 for each block out of 5 or 30+ mounts)

Scores/Notes

HK3
    1. Thermal performance (9/10) very good but not enough to be numero uno. bow down to the King350
    2. Flow and restriction (9.5/10) second to the Dtek fuzionv2, impressive
    3. Mounting (5/10) this is the worst block ive tried to hard mount, i don't use any of the stock parts included.
    Ive done 30+ mounts including bad mounts(mount and check temps if improved if not remount). I'm not sure if the block hates a lot of torque(subjective) when mounted but low(subjective) torque resulted to very good temps. I tried 30+ mounts squeezing the best temps, at first I thought this waterblock would beat the King350 but it(thermal performance) wasn't enough. Also compatibility with my motherboard . No instruction manual included. No backplate in the kit .
    4. Build quality (9/10) base is not mirror finish, best looking block overall i did appreciate its german design. (leaks:none) (price:fair)

K350
    1. Thermal performance(10/10) nothing beats the king at the moment. maybe ek supreme v2
    2. Flow and restriction (6/10) good enough (edit: i used dual pumps)
    3. Mounting(10/10) easiest ...most reproducible...thick heavy duty..
    4. Build quality(10/10) the nickel plating is excellent in preserving that base. base finish is the best in class The acryllic top is excellent (leaks:none)(price:fair)

Hondacity for the fun likes to thank

1. That plastic strip for giving me that perfect flat paste everytime in 5 seconds
    2. Swiftech Micro Reservoir v2 for that less than 2 minutes bleeding time
    3. BP rotaries and that oh so uber soft Clearflex tubing,
    4. UN brackets for finally setting up my pumps correctly
    5. XS no reasons needed
    6. RRR/Gary for the HK3
    Last edited by Hondacity; 03-21-2009 at 10:15 AM.