Quote Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
Ouch, I guess everything is subjective then

It pisses me off that AMD essentially forces TR users to purchase a POS Asetek based AIO solution, which is simply whiskey tango'ed to be compatible with the platform.
Pretty weak if that happened on a mainstream platform, but on a halo platform? Totally unacceptable and absurd.

The TDG specs for this platform were completed exactly a year ago, yet none of the 3rd party cooler manufacturers had their products available at launch.
I wonder if all of the cooler manufacturers decided not to produce compatible coolers for the launch, or if the people who are (supposed to be) communicating with the manufacturers simply didn't do their jobs.

Since the Asetek TR4 mounting brackets are in short supply, I had to give mine away. These brackets cannot be purchased separately and none of the Asetek based AIOs ship with one.
At the moment my only option would be purchasing a Noctua heatsink (which is scarcely available and insufficient) or go with a custom loop (several blocks are available). A custom loop is not an option, as the system needs to be portable and easy to throw aside (I have too much crap laying around).
Three weeks after the launch and I cannot even boot the system.

Also while trying to make a custom mounting bracket for a aircooler (3D printing) I ran into another issue.
The moron who designed the socket decided to use non-standard PEM fixtures for the cooler mounting. The cooler mounting on SP3 socket uses M3.5 PEM nuts. M3.5 fixtures are pretty much as common as dodo birds nowdays.
Based on the SP3 MDG the M3.5 fixtures are also totally uncalled for in terms of strength. Even a M2 (let alone M3) screws would outlast the spot welded M3.5 PEM nuts. Finding any M3.5 screws was a total PITA, I had to order ones intended as the head bolts of a RC car engine (HPI) from Taiwan.
Despite all the effort I spent into the custom bracket, it ended up failing too (my fault).

From AMD's perspective TR was exactly the right thing to do. In the current situation juicing out all they can from a single design (Zeppelin) was essentially the only option.
However in my opinion a design like this (MCM) simply doesn't belong anywhere near the desktop or a consumer product in general.

If I'd find a person (crazy and / or stupid enough) who would be willing to swap the 1950X to a 7900X (or even 7820X) I wouldn't have to think it for a second.
Mind you that I currently use a 18C/36T Haswell-EP in my workstation.

Getting this pissed over a platform that I didn't pay anything for. If I had paid the retail price for the 1950X and a high-end motherboard I'd be *ucking furious.

Each on their own of course.
Try to ask Enermax, your visibility and popularity is great, I think, they could you help with Enermax Liqtech TR4 cooler.