Thread: Lian Li PC-TU200 Mini ITX Build

Xtreme Member

Lian Li PC-TU200 Mini ITX Build

Here's my build with side by side photos next to AnandTech's build.
    If you'd like to see their review of the case here's the link.

Components:
    i5-3570K
    ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Mushkin 120GB & 240GB SSD SATA III
    SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W

Cooling:
    Bitspower 120mm to 140mm Fan Adapter
    Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer
    ZALMAN SF3 120mm Rad Fan
    Yate Loon 120mm x 20mm Bottom Fan

Accessories:
    Lian Li 5.25” Internal 4 x HDD/SSD Mounting Kit
    MNPCTECH Micro ATX Case Feet
    Front fan bezel also painted matte black
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottom.jpg 
Views:	5747 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	129633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottom Fan.jpg 
Views:	4770 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	129632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside.jpg 
Views:	5791 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	129635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wired.jpg 
Views:	6737 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	129636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	5261 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	129634  

HW: TJ08B-E | i5-3570k | Maximus V Gene | G.skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1600 | GTX 670 FTW | Mushkin 120GB & 240GB SSD | Seasonic X750 Gold |

WC: Monsoon Res | D5 Pump | Raystorm CPU WB | Razor GPU WB | Phobya 200mm Rad (AP181 Push) | EK 120mm Rad (ZM-SF3 Push) | Primoflex Advanced LRT 1/2" x 3/4"

Silent TJ08B-E - Current Rig
    TU-200 - Old Rig
    Water Box Xtreme - Old Rig

Really like the setup. I was also thinking about adding a water cooler to this case. Any complaints on noise?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zxions View Post
    Really like the setup. I was also thinking about adding a water cooler to this case. Any complaints on noise?
    As far as fan motor noise goes, they're dead silent. It's a high FPI (fins per inch) radiator though so even at 1,500rpm you're going to hear air ripping through the rad in a quiet room. It really just depends on the ambient noise of the room though. If it's a dead silent room where the only noise is your PC, sure you'll hear it. If you have a window AC unit running or even music, you'll never hear it.

You can always get a fan controller as well and I've been considering it, just not sure where to put it

As a side note, the GTX 670 I have is on the 680 PCB so it's a 10" card vs the standard 9.5". There's about a 22mm-23mm space between the card and the rad. Careful with dimensions because a thicker rad and/or longer card will not fit.
    Last edited by ScottyPimpin; 09-10-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    HW: TJ08B-E | i5-3570k | Maximus V Gene | G.skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1600 | GTX 670 FTW | Mushkin 120GB & 240GB SSD | Seasonic X750 Gold |

WC: Monsoon Res | D5 Pump | Raystorm CPU WB | Razor GPU WB | Phobya 200mm Rad (AP181 Push) | EK 120mm Rad (ZM-SF3 Push) | Primoflex Advanced LRT 1/2" x 3/4"

TU-200 - Old Rig

I guess that was a silly question because I'm bet there is a lot of trapped heat in the case. How are your temps?

A fan controller would be sweet. One with a temperature monitor and it would so cool! Just an idea but maybe you could put the controller in the 5.25' bay, then tie/tape an SSD under the bay, then screw down the other the SSD to the bottom of the case where Lian Li wanted it to be (it might cause heat problems with your GPU though.)

Another question (sorry, I'm really interested but waiting on the Egg' to drop the price) but would you consider your case heavy with everything in there?
    Last edited by zxions; 09-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Well i'm not going to say this case has ventilation like a full tower, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone wanting to do serious overclocking. My room is about 22c and the cpu idles at 30c, gpu at 31c. Running prime95 as I write this and temps are at about 50c so i'd expect them to climb to about 55c eventually. The GPU under load hits about 68c which is typical for the 670 in a full size tower from what i've read on reviews.

If you like this case but don't need the handle, there's an identical model with a 140mm top fan towards the rear of the case. As for weight, I'm a gym rat so no to me it's not heavy at all. I've had a TJ07 and the difference is night and day if that helps Betfinix (sp?) has a new case called the Legacy, you may want to check that out, it's pretty sweet.

I also purchased a fan controller by scythe, the one where the buttons push in and out. I ended up returning it because it left am ugly gap between the controller and the 5.25" bay that I didn't want to look at. But you "can" remove the face plate from the ssd tray and mount a can controller on to it. May take some minor modding but it's possible to fit both in the bay.

Hope this helps.

TU-200 - Old Rig

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Well i'm not going to say this case has ventilation like a full tower, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone wanting to do serious overclocking. My room is about 22c and the cpu idles at 30c, gpu at 31c. Running prime95 as I write this and temps are at about 50c so i'd expect them to climb to about 55c eventually. The GPU under load hits about 68c which is typical for the 670 in a full size tower from what i've read on reviews.

If you like this case but don't need the handle, there's an identical model with a 140mm top fan towards the rear of the case. As for weight, I'm a gym rat so no to me it's not heavy at all. I've had a TJ07 and the difference is night and day if that helps Betfinix (sp?) has a new case called the Legacy, you may want to check that out, it's pretty sweet.

I also purchased a fan controller by scythe, the one where the buttons push in and out. I ended up returning it because it left am ugly gap between the controller and the 5.25" bay that I didn't want to look at. But you "can" remove the face plate from the ssd tray and mount a can controller on to it. May take some minor modding but it's possible to fit both in the bay.

Hope this helps.
    Love it! Do you actually carry it around to LAN parties or pretend your are a spy/secret agent sometimes?
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Xtreme Member
    No, can't say those thoughts have ever crossed my mind. I built it to carry it back with me to Afghanistan, where I am currently working. When I say the handle on this thing is sturdy, that's an under statement. Not a worry in the world about it ever breaking.

LIAN LI, you guys did a great job designing this case btw! There are just a few changes i'd recommend for another revision at some point.
    1. Slightly larger feet for better ventilation.
    2. Bottom mounted case fan.
    3. 3rd I/O bracket slot somewhere on the back to mount a fan controller.
    4. Get rid of the 3.5" HDD bay and/or add a secondary bay that is much smaller and holds 2x2.5" drives.
    Last edited by ScottyPimpin; 09-12-2012 at 06:46 AM.

TU-200 - Old Rig

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    No, can't say those thoughts have ever crossed my mind. I built it to carry it back with me to Afghanistan, where I am currently working. When I say the handle on this thing is sturdy, that's an under statement. Not a worry in the world about it ever breaking.

LIAN LI, you guys did a great job designing this case btw! There are just a few changes i'd recommend for another revision at some point.
    1. Slightly larger feet for better ventilation.
    2. Bottom mounted case fan.
    3. 3rd I/O bracket slot somewhere on the back to mount a fan controller.
    4. Get rid of the 3.5" HDD bay and/or add a secondary bay that is much smaller and holds 2x2.5" drives.
    Thanks. I'm not sure if a revision will be coming up soon, but I will note this down for when it does.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure if a revision will be coming up soon, but I will note this down for when it does.
    Also move 140mm fan little bit upper make room for video card, that way can use thicker radiator! I just order my silver pc-tu200a, should get it this week. Can't wait!

Hi all,

I just ordered this case too, the PC-tu200b and my components are finally shipped home !!

Components:
    i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
    CORSAIR Vengeance Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Gygabyte GTX 570
    Samsung 840 Pro 256go
    SeaSonic M12II 620W Modular
    CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-L12 - Scythe 120 x 12mm + NF-B9

The only things that will be hard is to replace the 140mm front fan from a Noctua NF-P14. I dont know how to replace it, its holding by rivet how can i remove this ?