Thread: Sorry Guys, Another Black & Red Build......

Xtreme Member

Sorry Guys, Another Black & Red Build......

So I was originally just going to post pics of the finished product on here but I thought I might as well post some along the way.

Sorry for another black and red build but it goes so well with the EVGA SR-2.

Hopefully I will finish this build up in a few weeks. I am just waiting on tubing, fittings, and some other small parts.

So, now for the details........
    EVGA SR-2 Motherboard w/ BitsPower block
    3X EVGA GTX580's w/ EK FC blocks
    2X Intel Xeon X5680's w/ EK Supreme blocks
    12GB (6X2GB) Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz w/ EK Dominator Blocks
    Adaptec 51645 RAID Controller connected to the following:
    4X OCZ 60GB Vertex 2 SSD's in RAID 0
    4X 15,000 RPM 147GB SAS drives in RAID 0
    8X Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB drives in RAID 5

As far as cooling goes, it will be divided into three loops. Every loop has a D5 and an EK 360mm radiator. The GPU loop has an additional EK 120mm radiator plumbed into it. The three 360mm radiators each have 6 Low Speed Yates Loons (DC12SL-12) in push/pull connected to a Lamptron Fanatic (Off/12V/5V). All the connectors will be Bitspower 1/2 X 3/4 Matte Black Compression fittings.

Loop 1: CPU's
    Loop 2: GTX 580's
    Loop 3: MB and RAM

I used automative paint to fill in the CNC'd logos on the blocks. It really stand outs well I think.

Awesome selection of heavyweight components. Shame you've gone with budget Yate Loons though. This kinda rig deserves premium fans me thinks.

What PSU is gonna power this beast?
    i7 920 / P6TD V2 / 6GB Corsair / 5870 / Corsair 800D / OCZ 600W / WC CPU & GPU /

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas hobbes View Post
    Awesome selection of heavyweight components. Shame you've gone with budget Yate Loons though. This kinda rig deserves premium fans me thinks.

What PSU is gonna power this beast?

Sorry, for the PSU I am going to be running a Corsair HX1000 and a Silverstone ST1200.

Also, as for the fans, they were left over from a previous build and were already soldered together and ready to go. Had I beed staring from scratch I would have used some Gentle Typhoons or something along those lines. The YL's should provide enough cooling though. There are also 3 38mm YL's on the top of the case exhausting air. In total there are 26 fans in this case (not including a fan in each power supply so there should be enough fan power to keep this space heater cool)

I am Xtreme
    No need to apologize, red and black builds are usually the best!
    Looks like a fun project, keep us updated.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    I wonder how that automotive painted block would work on the new Supreme HFs ( the square-ish ones)
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

I am Xtreme
    Should be an interesting build and I will definitely follow your progress.
    My only negative comment, would be that you do not need three loops to cool your system. Then again, I have no idea what your OC plans may be.

I can say that I built a dual Opty system with two VC's and the MB cooled with a single loop about three years back and it was a screamer. That system had 1 120.3 & 1 120.1.

Three loops=more problems, just my 2 cents.

Xtreme Member
    I want to keep the loops separate so if I want to upgrade anything it doesn't involve taking the whole loop apart.

I am wondering how the temps on the cards will be.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    I wonder how that automotive painted block would work on the new Supreme HFs ( the square-ish ones)
    It should work just fine. Just go to any auto parts store and get some touch up paint with a roller ball tip.

Apply the paint to the parts (don't worry if you go out of the lines) and let it dry.

Once dry polish off the excess and the paint will remain in the engraved parts. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it comes out great.

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the tutorial, but I was just wondering about looks... because there are a lot more CNC lanes.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.