Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Member
    thx Shoggy then an LT will be fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by AuToFiRE View Post
    *quarter million dollar frisbee*

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Just to be sure, is v5 able to run without your OS once configured, IE failsafe like the v4?
    Yes, of course!
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If I had a fan in my computer i would buy one right away...
    I'm just looking at all the other features and I like it enough to buy it

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - (Einstein)

Xtreme Member
    Needs a better monitor. Something thats not from 7 years ago.
    Asus Laptop

Xtreme Guru
    wow great release shoggy, Does the pcb/heatsinks run hot at all without adding the heatsinks for the XT ???? And with IR receiver for the Remote right ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Shoggy,
    Very nice but I dont know if I can wait until the end of February!

Shoggy, is the 4th channel designed with Swiftech's MCP-35X in mind, or is it something less specific than that?

Also a secondary question: why not 2A for that channel for pump control or something, like the AE4? I know that was on the first channel, but same idea... I mean, it might seem slightly inconvenient just to get a Poweradjust (II) for that purpose for some people.
    Last edited by Captain H.N.; 01-28-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Is this right..
    Seeming as 1 amp * 110 volts = 110 watts , this has 550w combined with all 4 channels so thats 550/4= 137w per channel ??
    Also seeming as you mentioned the remote would be a good media/htpc idea, Do you think it would work with XMBC ?
    Last edited by Johnny87au; 01-28-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It says 1.65amps per channel which is about 20 watts at 12v. But it's the better analog rather than pwm. It also has circuit protection, so I would assume if you made a mistake and tried to drive too much than it would protect itself.

Using something like GT15 at only 1 watt per fan makes 20 watts quite a bit. You could run a lot of GTs with that on all the channels.

I want one so I can play space invaders on the front panel...
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-28-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    It says 1.65amps per channel which is about 20 watts at 12v. But it's the better analog rather than pwm. It also has circuit protection, so I would assume if you made a mistake and tried to drive too much than it would protect itself.

Using something like GT15 at only 1 watt per fan makes 20 watts quite a bit. You could run a lot of GTs with that on all the channels.

I want one so I can play space invaders on the front panel...
    lol i knew 137w didnt sound right, I got it mixed up with the combined current of 5A , yeah i seen space invaders lol looks such a fancy controller, That and the fact you can control your HTPC setup..

Xtreme Member
    Since the screen is a VFD, we can use filters to customize the text's and graphics' color.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    @churchy: can't tell since we have not done this kind of testing so far to be able to say the difference is X. It is also hard to tell since the temperature plays an important role. Of course we will know more soon.
    Thanks for info, waiting for test results. I'm not asking if channel will be able to handle Iwaki monster, but would be nice to hear if it's able to drive D5 or even D5 Strong (PMP-450S) preferably even with passive heatsink, or at least with waterblock. Also such info might be handy for few xtreme guys here on forum running several san ace/deltas/high speed GT monster fans
    The PWM channels can be used for whatever you think of and most of that stuff does not come with a regular fan plug. As you can also see there is no space left for a 4-pin plug The whole layout process of the PCB took a lot of time to get everything on board what we had in mind.
    Can you clarify this a bit? Am i getting it right that these two 2-pin are not exactly usuable for driving 4-pin PWM pumps/fans, but are something like basic power regulated by PWM, but without rpm tach and pwm regulation signal by separate wires? So for something like MCP35X or PWM fans only 4th (PWM) channel is usable?
    @prznar1: if you take a look at the comparison table you will see that the LT is able to do everything like the XT and PRO except for a few specific functions that the LT can not provide because of the missing hardware like touch buttons, IR and the display. Everything else is the same.
    I love fact that you made IR and touch buttons optional. Without them LT version is very competitively priced even compared to other competitor products like TMS-200/Heatmaster/BigNG.
    Also it seems that looks of XT are not that bad with black faceplate installed, with which asymetrical rounded sidebuttons blend in, so maybe i'll even get XT version over Pro one.

Xtreme Guru
    Keep in mind churchy XT is 160 euros but comes with the Remote, Im definately getting one, just hope i can incorporate it into XMBC with my htpc ..

Xtreme Guru
    I never considered remote. I'll wait for some hands-on reviews on those touch buttons though. What else there was included in XT over Pro .. heatsink? But maybe that is redundant aswell, as can be bought for less then price difference of XT vs Pro, and if with it max power is not that much increased vs without it, and waterblock will be needed instead, then again no need for it to be preinstalled in XT set, that's why i'm waiting for maximum wattage numbers with those two.
    All in all i just noted that XT with black faceplate doesn't look that bad as i feared (and how i didn't like looks of XT with stock silverish panel), and if based on look-wise only, XT can be considered too.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Does/can the AE5 use the same system to shut down your computer? I mean this and this

Also can the AE5 + this still power a DDC 3.25 from the analog fan channel 1?

Also does the AE5 have the same "alert" LCD output as the AE4? (the three pin molex head from which you can run either two LEDs or a double colour LED)

Also what do you mean by "digital temperature/humidity (LS aquabus channel) sensor"? Is it what I think it is? Dallas DS18x20?

Finally (for now ) is the Aquabus cable the same specs as before or you need USB/FW type shielded cable? (I'd like to connect the PowerAmp directly to the AE5 now that's feasible and useful )

I have already AE4s built into my rigs, but I want to put an AE5 on the latest build. However, after two months of disaster after disaster I'd like to make the transition with as little "trauma" as possible

I'm building the preorder on your website "as we speak"

I'm really liking what I see on paper The AE4 does most of the stuff I need, but the ability to read "software sensors" as you call them it's one of the features I was really missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can you confirm that you are able to control 2 MPC 35X with the aquaero via the PWM control?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Looks like the total analog voltage current between all channels is 5A or 60 Watts..but it also say dynamically limitted with fan amp cooling. I'm guessing this means get the water block if you are planning to push amperage.

I also noticed some notes about data logging and storage of data..makes me wonder about remote testing functions..

As far as pwm/35x, I would guess you could just splice and roll multiple 35X pumps. Not much current in that control wire alone.

Not sure about running a D5 off the controller though, it can draw more than 20 watts..you would probabaly need the add on for that. It's close though so it might work, or maybe as level 4 settings..

I would be really curious to know if these can operate the Dallas one wire sensors too, that would be awesome especially if it could log data with them without a computer.

Xtreme Guru
    Brodholm: untill Shoggy says otherwise about those two extra 2-pin pwm ports, imho only usuable one is 4th channel with 4pin connector. I'm guessing that you should be able to regulate both pumps from it by using some Y splitter like this, but it will also mean that rpm-s (and failure) will be monitored from just one of them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Liquid cooled fan controller? awesome
    Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Can you confirm that you are able to control 2 MPC 35X with the aquaero via the PWM control?
    It doesn't look like it as the PWM connectors don't have an RPM sense. However, you can connect up to 6 PowerAdjust2 pump regulators to a single AE5 now. They're fully integrated through the aquabus, which will cut down on wiring complications as well. It will allow for everything to be monitored and regulated through a single USB connector on the mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    However, you can connect up to 6 PowerAdjust2 pump regulators to a single AE5 now. They're fully integrated through the aquabus, which will cut down on wiring complications as well. It will allow for everything to be monitored and regulated through a single USB connector on the mobo.
    Can someone explain how this works? Looking at aquacomputer.de's site, I dont see anything for 6 devices, just 1 or 2. Do they daisy chain from PowerAdjust to PowerAdjust?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    It doesn't look like it as the PWM connectors don't have an RPM sense. However, you can connect up to 6 PowerAdjust2 pump regulators to a single AE5 now. They're fully integrated through the aquabus, which will cut down on wiring complications as well. It will allow for everything to be monitored and regulated through a single USB connector on the mobo.
    You dont even need the rpm sensor, other ways to test the speed of RPM, as long as it runs i think this would be a killer controller..

Visitor
    I'd like to monitor pump RPM for the fail-safe shutdown. If you can route that to one of the fan connectors that would be great.

Can someone explain how this works? Looking at aquacomputer.de's site, I dont see anything for 6 devices, just 1 or 2. Do they daisy chain from PowerAdjust to PowerAdjust?
    You need y-adapters. Unlike fans you maintain contact with all wires in parallel.

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_...oducts_id=1656
    Last edited by cx-ray; 01-29-2011 at 10:36 PM.

I may be overlooking something here, but I can't seem to find a flow meter for the AE5 on the site. The one listed is only compatible with the AE4?
    Dutch techies visit www.geekswarm.nl

Hardware: Antec P180b | Corsair HX850W | MSI P55-GD65 | Core i7 860 | 2*2GB Corsair Dominator PC12800 CL7 | Sapphire HD5870 + XFX HD5870 | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB|WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Cooling: Swiftech MCP355 + XSPC ResTop | ThermoChill Pa120.2 & TFC X-changer 120 | Swiftech Apogee XT | EK-FC5870 Acetal+Nickel | Tygon 3603 |Feser Ultra Pure + Corrosion blocker | 6*Scythe S-Flex F @ Scythe Kaze Master Ace

Bench: DimasTech Easy 2.5 | MSI-P67A-GD65 | Intel Core i7 2600K | 2*4GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 CL8 | 2* MSI R6950 CFX

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ximius View Post
    I just realized the PowerAdjust has two Aquabus connectors. So, yeah maybe you can daisy chain them together. Sure would be nice and cut down on wire clutter.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast