Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fluid XP+ Nano-Fluid ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, I guess I should have been a little more clear in my statement: Maybe.."If you are buying a nanofluid for thermal enhancement, and it is clear, and cheap, it is a bunch of crap"..that a little more clear? Is anyone even using SiO2 for thermal management? How much is it? Gold/Ti?Carbon nanotubes/Diamonds were way out of our price range..Thus, the CHEAP part in the statement above. Shoot, I bet your DI water has a few nanoparticles in it, and it is probably clear. I looked around and didnt see any gold nanofluids or silver nanofluids or Ti nanofluids or diamond nanofluids that I could buy for thermal management..where did you get yours?

Yeah, we know all about shape control..we do that as best we can. That is sort of limited by science and the actual manufacturing of the nanoparticle. We looked at all kinds of nanoparticles/sizes/concentrations. Nice things about ZnO is that it is a biocide and doesn't react with copper or aluminum. And, it is white because Zinc-Oxide is white, but your physics is close to right..if Zinc-oxide were blue it would be blue..

Still, we can do a comparison with your 30% by weight Si02 and our stuff to see which one works better..better yet, you can pick any transparent nanofluid and compare it with ours (We will define the transparency as our PIV system being to function. LaVision is where we got our system from. We can do a full comparison..looks at pump power, pump wear and tear, wear on the block, over all cost of the fluid, plus any upkeep of the loop needed..whenever you are ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    I do use Primochill Pro-LRT tubing. Issue is with the res and plexi-block tops. But, switching those over gradually, and figuring out what to do with the res.
    Just use hydrax or pentosion if you must used a colored liquid, those seem to cause the least problems.

We could also hope for somebody to make a res with colored plastic.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Member
    Skineelabs did a review on fluidxp nanoparticles at different flow rate. In conclusion, fluidxp beat distill water at low flow rate.

Xtreme Member
    Gotta love the marketing hype. And note, they don't say it's non-conductive, just low conductive. So, here's the "features" it provides:

"Low Electrical Conductivity" - Umm, so's distilled. At least until it gets mixed with the dust on your cards. How's this stuff do when contaminated?

"Water Based" - I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure distilled water is water-based too.

"Freezer Point Lower Than -40C" - Is anyone actually running thier WC-based systems (ie ambient based temps) in sub-zero environments?

"No Flash Point/Non-Flammable" - I don't think I've ever seen distilled water spontaneously combust either.

"Environmentally Friendly/Non-Toxic" - Gee, how toxic is WATER.

And all for the low, low price of $45.00 for 32oz - or $1.00 / gallon for water...........

No thanks.

Xtreme Member
    http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/super_...d_xp/index.htm

they reviewed it and claimed the loop leaked and drenched the system and still the components were working fine.

What's your opinion on this? I would like to hear it.

Xtreme Member
    Well, frankly I'm having trouble believing that anything with 1/2 the thermal efficiency of pure distilled water was actually performing BETTER than water.

What that tells me is that the test itself was messed up and they weren't actually stressing any of the fluids (water or this stuff) to anywhere near capacity.

As far as the non-conductivity and dumping all over the system. Actual pure distilled is non-conductive as well. It only gets conductive once it's contaminated with dust/additives/etc. Almost anytime you hear about systems running after leaks/pouring of fluid, they are usually brand new and VERY clean, with very little contaminates yet.

Note, that there are TRUE non-conductive fluids out there. I just seriously doubt that this stuff is really as non/low-conductive as hyped, since it's at least partly/mostly "water-based" anyway. Get it contaminated with dust and such and it's probably not much (if at all) safer than distilled would be.

----

Edit: oh wow, I just noticed the original post dates. Necro-thread FTW!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marxviper View Post

they reviewed it and claimed the loop leaked and drenched the system and still the components were working fine.

Btw, the test is skewed towards the XP fluid. They don't use pure distilled water (without bleach or UV dye). The temps look pretty bad for XP.

Wes

Xtreme Mentor

That review is OVER 5 years old..............

Hmm. Go to Google.

Youtube petra water cooling

Look at the tests he did with distilled water and other fun things. You tell me.

I have been using distilled for a few years now with a biocide. Cheap and effective and no funny problems.

I have seen marketing liquids and distilled fry boards. I aslo have seen marketing liquids get into a PCI slot and it's almost impossible to get out.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

I am Xtreme
    Skineelabs did a review on fluidxp nanoparticles at different flow rate. In conclusion, fluidxp beat distill water at low flow rate.
    I don't think that was Fluidxp he tested.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    sorry but what he actually tested was an old version relttem's white/milky looking nanofluid you can read about here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=240594

and the review in question is here http://skinneelabs.com/98.html

Xtreme Addict
    erm

All available liquids in the UK market have been tested under NONE CONTROLLED Conditions !!!!!!

Simple test 19 PCs all left out side for 1/2 hour after being washed down and dried and pre tested to be working. (all system were pentium 4's).

all tested out of the box and left out side on purpose for 1/2 hour to get a little normal light dusting. Then liquids poured direct onto the pcs.

NONE of the PC's survived from any liquid on the market that we can get in the UK.

So any one saying yeh i was "LUCKY" my pc survived after liquids landed on it are just that LUCKY nothing more.

And none of Nano Liquids are real nano Liquids at all. There just using small Partials (not nano Liquids) its all Marketing hype and twist on words. Other wise called Bull.

"Real" nano fluids are being dev'd here in the UK and it has never passed any European safety tests yet. They don't even know what it will do to animals never mind humans. The stuff cannot even be thrown away it has to be stored once it has been used. Oh its £100 to £250 per 1Ltr to make never mind selling.

Allso i love these test on None coloured liquids because as soon as you add dyes to them they become conductive as the dye particles make this happen.

mmm. I love how gullible people really are.

I really really need to edit this video and stick it up on you tube some time.

If you realy want non conductive go buy some bloody oil ...
    Last edited by mlwood37; 05-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Skinnee is getting our latest and greatest. I think he is planning on doing a everything v's everything sort of test. Maybe he can throw a GPU cooler in the loop in addition to the CPU cooler for kicks..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Well the way I look at it is cost vs value. Does the cost warrant the value? To me it is not even close. I get distilled really REALLY cheap from Shopper's Drug Mart that is near my house. I walk over and grab a gallon or two whenever I want. Heck I have flushed out my system just because I wanted to try a new fitting to see if it works well. I can do that because it is dirt cheap and works really REALLY well. There is no real market once people use distilled. The only market for nano is for beginner's who don't know any better and buy that first bottle to only kick themselves later. It's a gimmick for a quick cash grab and dash.

Xtreme Addict
    Real nano Fluid (nothing sold for water cooling a pc) is good at extreme Temps in comparison to normal distilled But there is no extreme hardware that is running at 300c +. Unless its the new nvidia gpus lol ...
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    Unless its the new nvidia gpus lol ...
    My thoughts exactly! Perhaps it may be needed for Fermi II with twice as long wood screws and double the waffle iron!

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Hmm. Go to Google.

Youtube petra water cooling

Look at the tests he did with distilled water and other fun things. You tell me.
    You mean the old one where I dumped coolants on running motherboards? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-yT7cvfo3o

...or the one where I poked fun at Feser by submerging a fan in distilled water and pink lemonade? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWHFLbZEewU
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Member
    Skineelabs did a review on nanofluid on 2008
    http://skinneelabs.com/98.html

I don't know if it's fluidxp.

Did anyone read this article? Any opinions?

The review Skinnee did was not the FluidXP stuff - see post #37.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks shazza. I don't know how I missed it

Xtreme Member
    here's mine (I only bought them for the color)

the white color of the 2nd one got separated from the liquid is that normal? and it will produce bubbles when shaken the left one don't

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it is ok if it separates as long as they have something to prevent the nanoparticles from sticking together, which we do. If they stick together they will not re-distribute when mixed.

Air bubbles when shaken can mean a few things - the worst being tiny air bubbles being suspended in the fluid. This will cause a lot of problems when the fluid heats up as the air bubbles will expand and cause a lot of pressure problems. Again, we fixed that on our stuff..

let us know how the XP stuff works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Never go full retard
    Same stuff I tested here, just not the rockin banana yellow.

Expensive and worst coolant

Xtreme Member
    don't use this coolant!! after 2 months of usage it clogged my loop! worst coolant ever. performance was very poor also

why aren't there any white dyes?
    Last edited by junkun13; 06-24-2011 at 12:45 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    don't use this coolant!! after 2 months of usage it clogged my loop! worst coolant ever. performance was very poor also

why aren't there any white dyes?
    I have the same question......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast