Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Lian-Li P80 & PA140.3

Xtreme Member
    Ferhan, hear me! I am just joking and you know what I mean. Anyway, awesome sleeving mate, I think you using the good colors with your connectors LOL. I want to ask one general question here. Why people do always sleeving the cables with small pieces of heatshrink? Would not it be amazing what your heatshrinks little longer on it?

Keep up the good work mate.
    Extreme ways I know will part the colors of my sea, perfect color me | Arthur's WC Worklog with Lian Li PC-9

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thank you for the kind words

I think this length of heatshrink is enough to hold the sleeve in place but anyway it is each others choice For me the most important thing is to do all operations neatly and evenly - it is the way to win
    Worklog: Project Black Copper
    Lian Li PC-P80 | Thermochill PA140.3 | Noiseblocker fans | mdpc-x stuff

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am going to powdercoat case internals, so I need your opinion on color options:
    1) all painted matt black
    2) area 1 (see below) painted gloss black (may be pearl black or something similar), other parts (bottom, back panel, motherboard tray, frame) painted matt black
    3) area 1 painted glossy dark blue (almost black) or gloss black with some blue particles, other parts (bottom, back panel, motherboard tray, frame) painted matt black
    4) any other color options

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance

Notes:
    1) I am going to use Feser UV blue tubing, it is rather dark and little purplish

2) Area 1 is drive bays, HDD cages, PSU cage and central crossbar.

Xtreme Member
    While I wont give you a direct answer. I personally don't like powder coating with "sparkles". IE gloss black with blue particles. I don't know why, I just like straight solid colors better.

The difference between gloss black and matte black will only really come out in pictures and/or close inspection. I personally don't like lots of gloss, just means more fingerprints.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    Intel i7 920 DO @4.2gz /H20
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    EVGA GTX275 715/1600 /H20
    6gb Corsair Dominator CL7
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree with you about sparkled coating, I just wanted to check all varieties

thanks for your opinion

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_GK View Post
    I agree with you about sparkled coating, I just wanted to check all varieties

thanks for your opinion
    If you going to powdercoat your case internals, you should be careful with your color decision. I believe you'll make right decision about color schema out there.

Waiting for some updates here.
    Extreme ways I know will part the colors of my sea, perfect color me | Arthur's WC Worklog with Lian Li PC-9

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    If you going to powdercoat your case internals, you should be careful with your color decision. I believe you'll make right decision about color schema out there.

Waiting for some updates here.
    I've decided to go with matt black for the whole case

I was trying to disassemble my case and got this

WTF? Did they forgot to drill a hole here? Same with other 4 holes. Now I am unable to get out those panels in drive bays because I can not push the screwdriver through

I checked Sniipe's worklog and he had holes there
    Last edited by aka_GK; 09-04-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi GK, maybe you can find at any store near you an angular add-on module for your screwdriver like this one (don't know if it fits in the space you have)or any similar tool... if not, i guess you'll have to drill some holes...

You can also fit the screwdriver tip only...tight fit it and try to unscrew with the use of pliers...
    Last edited by felix_w; 09-04-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    felix, thank you for suggestion.
    I think angular module wouldn't fit, it seems like to drill some holes is the easiest way

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've decided to show the layout of future system while preparing case for powdercoating. As I am planning parts will be connected in the following order:
    PA140.3 -> CPU block -> Motherboard -> EK Res -> GPU block -> pump MCP350 -> PA140.3
    Any thoughts on this are highly appreciated

This Thermochill is really huge thing I've tryed to put it into the case through the front - there are small holders at the top of the drive bay that doesn't allow to fit the rad. I was able to fit the rad only through the top, but even then I have to widen case a little by my hands

The only thing I haven't decided yet is where the hell I should place all of my HDDs?? Currently I have 2 in raid0 and 1 for storage and plan to buy one more for raid and one more for the storage
    may be it is finally time for SSDs?

Xtreme Recruit
    I've decided to show the layout of future system while preparing case for powdercoating. As I am planning parts will be connected in the following order:
    PA140.3 -> CPU block -> Motherboard -> EK Res -> GPU block -> pump MCP350 -> PA140.3
    Any thoughts on this are highly appreciated
    Looking good!
    I'm doing a P80 for water cooling myself atm. Same as you, powder coated black inside

I only have one loop for now, and I'm placing my rad in the bottom blowing the air out. Only problem was making the holes.

I used a hole saw and it ended up quite nice, same as Eponymous did in his worklog.

It's now at the powder coating shop, hope it turns out ok.
    Remember to make a sketch or something so the powder coaters know where to put seals for threads.

The only thing I haven't decided yet is where the hell I should place all of my HDDs?? Currently I have 2 in raid0 and 1 for storage and plan to buy one more for raid and one more for the storage
    may be it is finally time for SSDs?
    Putting the rad in the front is also a good place but you loose a lot of space for drives etc.

A solution is to cut a HDD cage in half and put it on a plate in the top like Sniipe did.

Keep up the nice work!
    Lian Li PC-P80 Powder Coated Black | i7 920 @ 4.0GHz | EVGA 580 GTX | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | Corsair Dominator 6Gb | Corsair HX850W | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB | MDPC White Sleeve

Water cooling: Aquastream XT Ultra | XSPC RX360 | Heat Killer CPU Rev. 3.0 LT | EK Water Blocks 580 GTX | EK-FB RE2 NB/SB Nickel | EK Multioption Res 150

^^-Virgin Suicide Project - Liquid cooled Lian Li P80-^^

Xtreme Member
    Great work so far! I agree with the poster above, you have plenty of room up top for HDD. (You are putting 2nd rad in bottom correct?)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSthlm View Post
    Looking good!
    I'm doing a P80 for water cooling myself atm. Same as you, powder coated black inside

I only have one loop for now, and I'm placing my rad in the bottom blowing the air out. Only problem was making the holes.

I used a hole saw and it ended up quite nice, same as Eponymous did in his worklog.

It's now at the powder coating shop, hope it turns out ok.
    Remember to make a sketch or something so the powder coaters know where to put seals for threads.
    ok, thanks. Threads was the thing that disturbed me, now i know how to save threads in place

btw, should case be sandblasted before coating?

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSthlm View Post
    Putting the rad in the front is also a good place but you loose a lot of space for drives etc.

A solution is to cut a HDD cage in half and put it on a plate in the top like Sniipe did.

Keep up the nice work!
    yep, I have only one free slot
    May be I'll pick any other more compact cage (e.g. Scythe HDD Stabilizer). Another option is to change my raid array to SSD, but it is "wallet run"

Quote Originally Posted by XKaan View Post
    Great work so far! I agree with the poster above, you have plenty of room up top for HDD. (You are putting 2nd rad in bottom correct?)
    thank you
    Nope, I am going with only one rad in the front but who knows
    Last edited by aka_GK; 09-06-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Xtreme Member
    now, that's a huge biaatch of a radiator
    Duality: Q9550 - P5Q Deluxe - 8GB OCZ - HD5850 - 4,64TB WD - HX650 - X-fi - Aquaero 4 - Lian Li V1000b II Plus @Dual loops watercooling

Loop 1 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - EK Supreme HF - EK FC5850 - PA120.3 - Multires 150
    Loop 2 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - PA120.1 - MIPS mosfet 1&2 - mips NB - Mips Ramfreezer 4 - MIPS SB - Multires 150

Xtreme Recruit
    ok, thanks. Threads was the thing that disturbed me, now i know how to save threads in place

btw, should case be sandblasted before coating?
    Yea, they should put silicon pins in the threads. Since all threads aren't used it's good to make a sketch or something what threads you want to mask. I think I had 55 threads to be masked

If it's just the aluminum parts of the case you don't need to blaster it. Do not know if they need to blaster the anodized since I'm not going to paint those. Think the black color is fine.

They will also machine wash the case before painting.

yep, I have only one free slot
    May be I'll pick any other more compact cage (e.g. Scythe HDD Stabilizer). Another option is to change my raid array to SSD, but it is "wallet run"
    Hehe yea I know, SSD is expensive. I have one Intel G2 80GB for OS and a 1TB storage drive.
    Last edited by WinstonSthlm; 09-06-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    Lian Li PC-P80 Powder Coated Black | i7 920 @ 4.0GHz | EVGA 580 GTX | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | Corsair Dominator 6Gb | Corsair HX850W | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB | MDPC White Sleeve

Water cooling: Aquastream XT Ultra | XSPC RX360 | Heat Killer CPU Rev. 3.0 LT | EK Water Blocks 580 GTX | EK-FB RE2 NB/SB Nickel | EK Multioption Res 150

^^-Virgin Suicide Project - Liquid cooled Lian Li P80-^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Guys, I am going to Africa for vacation (actually it is Egypt)
    I will come back 09/20

So my plan for further future (after vacation) is:
    1. Powdercoat case internals
    2. Get some more sleeving (already made an order, it is up to postal services now)
    3. Finish PSU sleeving (mostly molex connectors and GPU powers)
    4. ATM I am talking to Duniek for one very special item

Stay tuned

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've decided to go with matt black for the whole case

I was trying to disassemble my case and got this

WTF? Did they forgot to drill a hole here? Same with other 4 holes. Now I am unable to get out those panels in drive bays because I can not push the screwdriver through

I checked Sniipe's worklog and he had holes there
    Heh, I had the same problem man

The thing I did to get the screws out was to use a small pointed tool to loosen the screws by putting it in sideways and some needle nose pliers to loosen the screws from the threaded part. Eventually you should be able to work them loose and remove them.
    [Project] : Altair | A Lian-Li PC-P80, dual loop, all internal build. Written as a tutorial for any newcomers

Hardware
    Core i7 920 D0 | 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 285 SLI | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | ASUS Xonar D2X
    2x Intel X-25M SSD | Corsair HX-1000W | Lian-Li PC-P80 | Dell 3008WFP 30"

Watercooling Gear (Dual Loop)
    Koolance 350AT (CPU Loop) | 2x Koolance VID-NX285 (GPU Loop) | 2x Laing DDC 3.2 / XSPC Acrylic top Rev. 3 | 2x EK Multioption 150 Res Ver. 2 | 2x Thermochill PA 120.3 |
    6x Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM Fans | 7/16" Primochill Pro Green LRT | 7/16" Primochill Pro Blue LRT | B.P. Silver Shiny 1\2" Barbs | Alphacool Ball Valve / B.P. M-M Rotary fill-port / drain | Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS NB/SB (GPU Loop)| Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version (GPU Loop)| Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version (GPU Loop)

Buy a cheap screwdriver, cut it with a dremel and a pliers to unscrew.

Last edited by Pulpoh; 09-20-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    i7-950 - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 - OCZ Blade + A-Data 6x2GB 2000 CL9 - Gigabyte GV-N560SO-1GI-950 - Auzentech Forte X-Fi - 3 x Vertex 2 90GB RAID 0 + WD Green 4x2TB + Highpoint RocketRaid 2322 + Addonics 6 x WD 500GB RAID 5 - SilverStone ST1500 - Lian Li PC-P80 - Logitech MX-5500 + G25 + Z5450 - Saitek X52 PRO + Samsung 46D6400

WC: Apogee GTZ - TFC Xchanger 360 + 6 x Yate Loon blue - Swiftech MCR220 + (UN)Designs Rad Bracket + 2 x SilenX Ixtrema 120 (pull) - Swiftech MCRES Micro - Swiftech MCP655-B - Bitspower fittings - PrimoFlex Pro Black

Sorry for my english

Engineering The Xtreme
    yeah I had to make my own holes for that.... I forget how I did it but seriously it was a b|tch and a half to get those plates out....

or

(sorry i know i am a lurker, but i am active on several other forums and that is the exact tool you need. they are usually under $10, "right angle screwdriver" hope that helps.)
    Last edited by Zygoat; 09-21-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thank you guys, much appreciated your willing to help me, but if you stare a little at my last front-view picture you can see that I've already drilled holes and removed those freaking plates
    I spent 20 minutes to remove first screw (bottom left on the picture - there is no hole) with thin knife blade, pliers and small screwdriver. After that I was nearly mad and took the drill

I have some new stuff arrived so I promise to please you with some new pictures tomorrow

Mine is from June 2009, comes with the holes to remove the plates:

Really nice job so far! Excelent job on the sleeving!
    i7-950 - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 - OCZ Blade + A-Data 6x2GB 2000 CL9 - Gigabyte GV-N560SO-1GI-950 - Auzentech Forte X-Fi - 3 x Vertex 2 90GB RAID 0 + WD Green 4x2TB + Highpoint RocketRaid 2322 + Addonics 6 x WD 500GB RAID 5 - SilverStone ST1500 - Lian Li PC-P80 - Logitech MX-5500 + G25 + Z5450 - Saitek X52 PRO + Samsung 46D6400

WC: Apogee GTZ - TFC Xchanger 360 + 6 x Yate Loon blue - Swiftech MCR220 + (UN)Designs Rad Bracket + 2 x SilenX Ixtrema 120 (pull) - Swiftech MCRES Micro - Swiftech MCP655-B - Bitspower fittings - PrimoFlex Pro Black

Sorry for my english

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulpoh View Post
    Mine is from June 2009, comes with the holes to remove the plates:

Really nice job so far! Excelent job on the sleeving!
    thanks mate
    I have an old revision, in addition to this holes I have another cuts in motherboard tray.

I want to get some antivibration stuff for radiator (stock grey foam sucks ) and I like this one. But I suddenly figured out that fan spacing on my rad is 20mm. At chilledpc (where I got the rad) it is stated as 15mm spacing.
    So monsta silicon pad will not work?

Now promised PICS

sleeved Yate

Another portion of excellent stuff from Nils

I am in rush after vacation (university, job) and unfortunately don't have a lot of time I hope to get the Dremel and finish preparations for the powder coating by the end of this week.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Finally have some real progress

I got the Dremel couple of days ago so here is my first drilling job, it is hole in MB tray for 24-pin ATX
    First of all made all measurements and marks, prepared safety shield I work in ExxonMobil so I'm familiar with "Safety first", "Nobody gets hurt" etc. Also there is my ghetto workbench Unfortunately I don't have a good place for this.

IMO turned out nice! sorry for fingerprints

I rounded and polished edges so no need for rubber frames

And finally GPU preview (lighting sucks but I wanted to share this with you)

Nice dremel work!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast