Thread: Need Multi-GPU Help......56K!

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict

Need Multi-GPU Help......56K!

Hey Everybody,

Got the Water Blocks in and installed onto the 8800GS's. Can't seem to get two instances running--one on each card. I've read the sticky and followed the Hardforum post. I was up until 6:30 (about 4.5hrs ago ) trying to get this sorted out.

Just tried to take a screenshot, but it froze the display (have since gotten that sorted). When I click the 2nd instance I get a pop-up that says:

I'm using 177.83. I've "updated driver" via Device Manager>8800GS>Properties>Driver tab>update driver---on both cards. Via DM 1 card is on PCI Bus 1 and the other on PCI bus 4.

Both cards are recognized in GPU-Z--one is OCed via Rivatuner, the other is stock:

I eventually uninstalled F@H and reinstalled it. I setup the 2 shortcuts on the desktop and made the duplicate folders, etc:

I put "" Quotes around the address in "Start in:", but they always disappear when I return.

I am wondering if it would help to try and run this "in compatiblility mode for XP"

If I remove the -gpu 0 and -gpu 1, I can get it working. But my fold rate and points go to total Shat! Like: 2 mins 52secs.

ATM, I am just lost. The only thing I know to do now is see if maybe the MB has a jumper or something. Also, ATM--It cannot seem to get Rivaturner to recognize both the cards....It shows 3 extra monitors, but things just aren't right. But I'll deall with that later.

Needing some help here! Thanx!!!
    Last edited by Naja002; 08-28-2008 at 08:46 AM.