Excellent pictures, it looks gorgeous.
    Innards are nice and clean, lovin' it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GIZIU View Post
    BlueAqua, I have three questions:

1) how did you mount HDD vertically ?
    2) what is that under the radiator ?
    3) how you open the DVD tray ?

Perhaps I can answer for BA quickly for you.

1) He used the HDD cage from the bottom of the TJ-07 and used it vertically as it fits nicely in the optical cage.

2) The radiators are mounted to the case using Murdermod Rad mounts that are sticky on the top so the rad just sits on them negating the need to make a custom mount

3) The Optical tray is opened by an ingenious systems used by Charles_Harwood and Nils from Murdermod on their Stealth faceplates. Designed for the Pioneer DVD drives, the uppermost part of the hydro cut alu has enough play to be depressed and make contact with the eject button of the drive. Works amazingly well

turtletrax, thx 4 answers, but I have next
    1) What screws is used ?
    2) Is it enywhere to buy ?
    Last edited by GIZIU; 02-28-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I really love your system
    Nice work
    Pandora modification - full worklog on XtremeSystems

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
    Ayrton Senna

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post

2) The radiators are mounted to the case using Murdermod Rad mounts that are sticky on the top so the rad just sits on them negating the need to make a custom mount
    Well, not really mate. Those are just Hammond asbk 1591 boxes with double sided tape on top. Not neccesarily Murder|Mod boxes.
    With google you should be able to find 'm. I even found 'm locally.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

BlueAqua,

Love the build nice work, one question what do the temps get to with zero airflow inside the case?

Obviosuly you have all major components watercooled, but what about the minor things like hard drives, south bridge, ram etc. Just curious.

Again, great work.

Oh yeah, is that white heatshrink on the tubing?

Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterGav View Post
    BlueAqua,

Love the build nice work, one question what do the temps get to with zero airflow inside the case?

Obviosuly you have all major components watercooled, but what about the minor things like hard drives, south bridge, ram etc. Just curious.

Again, great work.

Oh yeah, is that white heatshrink on the tubing?

Thanks.
    Thank you. Since I'm using the northbridge block which cools the entire heatpipe assembly I haven't had any issues with motherboard temperatures. My north bridge never gets over 50C, and that to me is just fine. The hard drives are cooled with a 120mm fan directly over the top of them, no problem there. The ram is cool to the touch, I just don't think ddr3 at 1.65v gets too warm.

The tubing is Danger Den-TFC 3/8" 5/8" white tubing. I really like this tubing, along with the other various colors you can get it in. I have bought samples of each just so I could see them all. Very good stuff.

Thanks for the kind words.

Ahhhh ... just had to get my weekly fix of your pics.

I love the white on black. But I realized another thing that makes your build look so good - it's not crowded, and your sleeving is top notch. I noticed how mine improved as I kept going, but the fact that you got the sleeving so nice and tight makes it drape nicely.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    amazing system, can you repost the video? can't get it to work
    also, any possibility of a straight on shot of the side? and maybe some pics of the wire routing in the front?
    thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Ahhhh ... just had to get my weekly fix of your pics.

I love the white on black. But I realized another thing that makes your build look so good - it's not crowded, and your sleeving is top notch. I noticed how mine improved as I kept going, but the fact that you got the sleeving so nice and tight makes it drape nicely.
    Thanks shazza. There is room for improvement but I'm working on that right now. The next build with using the hot knife will be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender17 View Post
    amazing system, can you repost the video? can't get it to work
    also, any possibility of a straight on shot of the side? and maybe some pics of the wire routing in the front?
    thanks
    Thanks Ender17.

Here are the two videos, one is just some pictures but the other one shows it in operation and the lighting. Both are with the older 775 setup though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0dHm0aChm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0RMXCAqVc

I didn't take any pictures of the front with the face plate off. That was the power distribution and extra cable area. It was all neatly organized but it wasn't the most attractive area.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It is such an awesome, inspiring custom case Blue, I'm so impressed, and I wanna mod my TJ07 now too.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Thanks Ender17.

Here are the two videos, one is just some pictures but the other one shows it in operation and the lighting. Both are with the older 775 setup though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0dHm0aChm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0RMXCAqVc

I didn't take any pictures of the front with the face plate off. That was the power distribution and extra cable area. It was all neatly organized but it wasn't the most attractive area.
    thanks for the video links!
    any chance of a straight on side shot? (no angle) I would like to get an idea of some of the spacing between the motherboard and the 5.25 bays
    thanks again!!

_
    I love the white tubes and the black sleeving. Great job!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Man that pc is really really nice. How do you do your mods? Do you have a laser cutter or water jet? I wish I had the money to buy such equipment. Great work, probably one of the best builds I've ever seen.

I would like to learn some techniques from this guy. Man if I could get some advice, it would really help me in my upcoming build.

Beautiful pc man!
    Gaming rig
    Mountain mods Plateau-18 -- Core i7 980x 4ghz -- Msi big bang x-power -- 6gb Mushkin redline 998691 ddr3 1600 (6-7-6-18-1T) -- Gigabyte GTX580SO (900/1800/1100) -- Win7 64bit pro

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender17 View Post
    thanks for the video links!
    any chance of a straight on side shot? (no angle) I would like to get an idea of some of the spacing between the motherboard and the 5.25 bays
    thanks again!!
    I just didn't like any of the pictures that didn't have some sort of perspective to them so I didn't include any. Don't worry, there is something in the works soon that should include more detailed shots.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwaxisbad View Post
    I love the white tubes and the black sleeving. Great job!!

Thanks hotwaxisbad.

Quote Originally Posted by bigKr33 View Post
    Man that pc is really really nice. How do you do your mods? Do you have a laser cutter or water jet? I wish I had the money to buy such equipment. Great work, probably one of the best builds I've ever seen.

I would like to learn some techniques from this guy. Man if I could get some advice, it would really help me in my upcoming build.

Beautiful pc man!
    Thanks!

All of the intricate cutting is done with a highly precise water jet that is surely not done by me. The case is a murdermod TJ07 complete with all the bells and whistles.

If you have any specific questions there are a ton of great people here to help. Post away.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just didn't like any of the pictures that didn't have some sort of perspective to them so I didn't include any. Don't worry, there is something in the works soon that should include more detailed shots.
    The "perspective" shots are cool, but I think it's also good to have some regular ones without crazy angles for when people want to see a more "normal" view.
    BTW, what kind of OC do you have on the i7? And what kind of load temps?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thanks hotwaxisbad.

Thanks!

All of the intricate cutting is done with a highly precise water jet that is surely not done by me. The case is a murdermod TJ07 complete with all the bells and whistles.

If you have any specific questions there are a ton of great people here to help. Post away.
    That is such a great idea. I was actually thinking if there are local shops in my area that can do such work. I just don't know how I would present such a project. Do you draw a sketch and bring it to them or is it drawn with autocad?

I do have some ideas, but I just do not have the tools to do such a thing. Some tools I can buy locally that could cover some of the mods, but definantly not all of them if I choose to do so. And again man nice work!
    Gaming rig
    Mountain mods Plateau-18 -- Core i7 980x 4ghz -- Msi big bang x-power -- 6gb Mushkin redline 998691 ddr3 1600 (6-7-6-18-1T) -- Gigabyte GTX580SO (900/1800/1100) -- Win7 64bit pro

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    • i7 920 D0
    • Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    • Corsair Dominator 12GB
    • MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition OC 2GB
    • OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
    • WD1002FAEX 1TB
    • Corsair HX850W
    • CaseLabs Magnum TH10
    • Dell UltraSharp U2410
    • Logitech G500
    • SteelSeries QcK Mass
    • Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX

Xtreme Member
    Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but are the lights included in murdermod?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a/IMG_3619.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/Red.jpg

also, which ek res clips are you using?

Sorry if it's been mentioned and I missed it
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRn ssR View Post
    Thanks again paRn ssR.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinTiger View Post
    Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but are the lights included in murdermod?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a/IMG_3619.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/Red.jpg

also, which ek res clips are you using?

Sorry if it's been mentioned and I missed it
    The light strip I have installed is not included, but can be added if a customer wants one.

The res holders are the Ek spare res holders available in black from most retailers. They usually work pretty well but the most current batch seem a bit loose. I have 6 here where the res will just slide through...

Xtreme Member
    im assuming added means it can be provided by charles upon request?

oh okay, i heard charles was designing new ones?
    correct me if I'm wrong...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinTiger View Post
    im assuming added means it can be provided by charles upon request?

oh okay, i heard charles was designing new ones?
    You can have what ever you heart desires. BA and Charles can solve all of your problems.
    BTW, check sigfevers sig.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324