Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis Warhead dropping exclusively on PC this Fall

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post

TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Member
    A quad core that is not loaded to at least 95% means the application is not well multithreaded!
    Huh? This is a joke, right?

Yes, if it was a pure number-crunching app that was not having to output the results anywhere with a slow latency or wait for new inputs from elsewhere. But the app is having to deliver results to the GPU which then renders frames, which takes time. If the GPU is the bottleneck then what is the processor doing while it is waiting? Obviously not pre-rendering future frames, but waiting to synchronise with the results back from the GPU, or get notification that it is clear to send the next set of frame data. So some of the inter-frame time will be idle and waiting on those events, hence the lower CPU utilisation. It's the cross-CPU load (ie. whether 4 out of 4 are fairly equally loaded, or just 1 or 2 at peak load) that shows whether parallel threads are being created and distributed to available cores.

Xtreme Mentor
    Yes of course, read the last 2 or 3 pages to understand
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    It's the cross-CPU load (ie. whether 4 out of 4 are fairly equally loaded, or just 1 or 2 at peak load) that shows whether parallel threads are being created and distributed to available cores.
    basicly, this is what i was trying to tell for about 4 pages

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    basicly, this is what i was trying to tell for about 4 pages
    you might want to correct your way of expressing yourself, you were not that clear , and surely the idea you were defending (or at least what i understood of it) was that Crysis was not multithreaded, but it is.

be cool
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Member
    anyhow...

pretty sure Warhead will end rushed up again, EA are going to want to release before far cry 2 it would seem.
    Doesnt sound like good news for us
    X3350 | DFI LP X38 T2R | d9gkx
    9800gtx | Raptor1500AHFD/5000AACS/WD3201ABYS
    Corsair 620HX | Coolermaster CM690

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuuubeh View Post
    anyhow...

pretty sure Warhead will end rushed up again, EA are going to want to release before far cry 2 it would seem.
    Doesnt sound like good news for us
    The groundwork is in place now, So they can build a new game very quickly, Just look at the Sims 2 Expansions

Xtreme Addict
    An image speaks more than a 1000 words

yes, I know its a bit thread-digging, but it's here for future "ZOMG, CRYSIS IZ NOT MULTITHREADED" moaning.
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka_Aveiro View Post
    An image speaks more than a 1000 words

yes, I know its a bit thread-digging, but it's here for future "ZOMG, CRYSIS IZ NOT MULTITHREADED" moaning.
    at those settings, with 280gtx sli, that's piss poor performance.

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by biohead View Post
    at those settings, with 280gtx sli, that's piss poor performance.
    The point was to compare dual vs quad core and prove CE2 multi-threading abilities.

Maybe future drivers will help with that question.

Maybe not!

Are we there yet?

You was waiting to use that on me wasn't you?

anyways, Interesting argument on the Multithreading
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I absolutely loved the Campaign in Crysis. At the same time though i was a little let down that there wasn't more inter human cooperation between you (an American) and the N Koreans. I though that was the whole point, that after you find a common enemy, (invading aliens) you join forces and start to turn the tide of the battle. That's what alot of review sites where speculating about, and that's why i was all gun-ho about playing it. (what other situation would N koreans, and th US be fighting side by side? EA blew a chance to show the world community that we Americans aren't just war mongering douche bags.) The closest thing to cooperation in the campaign was when you tore a frozen ak47 from the icey cadaver of a north korean....
    As Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer watched the demonstration, he later said that a line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita came to mind:
    "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    Test director Kenneth Bainbridge in turn said to Oppenheimer, "Now we are all sons of b**ches." wiki

Xtreme Addict
    One more interesting point coming from these later reviews:

Even a dual-core @ 4ghz is bottlenecking that damn card (GTX280) @ those settings
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx]Warboy View Post
    You was waiting to use that on me wasn't you?
    [IMG][/IMG]

anyways, Interesting argument on the Multithreading
    Not really, if that was the case I'd have used it on you a long time ago

I just love it. So precise with almost all of us...
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I thought they said they were getting leery of PC exclusives due to piracy...
    or getting leery of having some balls due to estrogen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka_Aveiro View Post
    One more interesting point coming from these later reviews:

Even a dual-core @ 4ghz is bottlenecking that damn card (GTX280) @ those settings
    Yet, I got flamed a long time ago for saying Crysis is just poorly coded=P I hope the newer version gets very badly needed improvements. Example, I played STALKER the other day with settings turned up and @1680 X 1050 dang it looked nice
    Last edited by Donnie27; 06-26-2008 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Guys from PCGames.de had a litle interview with Crytek and it seems like the new engine will be highly optimized. Crytek says we should see Crysis Warhead running at 30-35 fps on 'high' using a 400 Euro pc. No word on resolution used.

Also, apparently some people are using badly configurated rigs for 2000 Euro, which are outperfomed by 600-700 Euro (overclocked?) rigs (shame on you guys! ).

It seems like another patch that would optimize the engine for Crysis may eventually be released, however only after they are done with Warhead.

More info on Crysis Warhead and 400 Euro pc will come in PC Games on June 25.

Source: PCGames.de

Last edited by motopen1s; 06-20-2008 at 12:49 AM.
    CPU: Q9450 @3.6GHz (lapped) Cooling: Scythe Zipang (lapped)
    RAM: Mushkin (996580) 2x2gb XP2-6400 @5-5-5-15, DDR2-1080 Mobo: Asus Rampage Formula (Bios 0410), tRD=7
    GPU: EVGA GTX 280 @712/1512/2700 PSU: Enermax Modu82+ 625 Optical Drive: LG Electronics GGC-H20L
    HDD:
    1x 160GB Intel X-25M G2, 1x VelociRaptor, 2x Samsung SpinPoint F1 640GB in 2x CM STB-3T4-E3-GP 4-in-3 cages
    Sound: Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP / Grace Design M903 Speakers: M-Audio BX8a Deluxe, Shure SE535, Ultrasone Pro 900 w/ custom cable & dual entry mod, HD 800
    Case: Cooler Master Stacker 832 w/ 7x S-Flex SFF21F fans on 2x Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus controllers
    Monitor: NEC MultiSync 24WMGX3 OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Xtreme Member
    any word on an actual release date
    E8400 @ 4.8Ghz on Vapochill LS | NVIDIA 790i Ultra SLI | BFG GTX 280 SLI | PC Power & Cooling 1200W | Bench Sled

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I am looking foward to this game. I enjoyed the single player in crysis, though I do agree multi player sucked.

But as I have said before, I have had no problems playing game with high settings on my rig and medium to low settings on my older slow rigs. I never did understand all the whinging about frames? if you have a slow computer, turn off the eye candy and make do with it?? not hard.

Anyway, I liked the engine, and of coarse having already made it, it wont take long to make this new Crysis, but of coarse it will cost exactly the same as the last game, probaboy only cost a quater to produce, and the middle man (EA) will make a killing.
    The entire engine is already finished and already payed for itself lots of times over with Crysis. That is somehting worth complaining about.

Xtreme Mentor
    Crysis Warhead PC Games Trailer - Teaser

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142581...er_062608.html

regards

[Review] Core i7 920 & UD5 » Here!! « .....[Review] XFX GTX260 216SP Black Edition » Here!! «
    [Review] ASUS HD4870X2 TOP » Here!! «
    .....[Review] EVGA 750i SLi FTW » Here!! «
    [Review] BFG 9800GTX 512MB » Here!! « .....[Review] Geforce 9800GX2 1GB » Here!! «
    [Review] EVGA GTX280 1GB GDDR3 » Here!! « .....[Review] Powercolor HD4870 512MB GDDR5 » Here!! «

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    looks like am in a kindergarten...
    some people just lack the ability to communicate it seems, acting like moron must be in
    Dang it.... I thought this kid got banned already...

N/e Ways. I just read the sneak peak from Gamer Magazine. Sounds like it will be adding more eye candy, but the taxing of the system will probably remain the same although they did build some $600 rig with an 8600GT to play it @ max everything....
    Multimedia:
    RAM: 2GB OCZ XTC Gold 6400 OCZ2G8002GK 5-6-6-18 1GB OCZ Platnum 6400 OCZ1G8002PK
    Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer / Logitech Z5300E
    Keyboard: G15 | Mouse: G7 + MX518 | Display: Sceptre 20"
    Case: Silverstone TJ06 Sloppy Modshttp://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=142817.
    HDD: WD160SATA / WD5000KSRTL SATA / WD 5000AAKB PATA
    DVD: Samsung SH-S183L (SATA) / Sony DRU-720A
    PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 700W

Laptop:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 51MB HyperMemory, 256MB dedicated GDDR3 VRAM
    120 GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD internal
    120 GB 5400 RPM PATA HDD external

Game Machine:
    QX6700@ 3.74Ghz, GTX or HD2900XT?
    All the usual other crap.

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...cfc1cda97e5e4f

I was reading this thing about the 3 million crysis, and it seems like it might have been just a rumor at gamespot(that got spread on to wikipedia).

Here is the rumor.
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums...6417050&page=0

I was reading starwars galaxy sold better at 1.5 million copies.

People checked the magazine PC Gamer UK and found nothing of the 3 million copies.

Considering that it sold 86.6k in its opening month in the states, I have a hard time believing that it sold 3 million when most other game that sell 3 million have atleast 86.6k on it opening day.
    Last edited by tajoh111; 06-26-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...cfc1cda97e5e4f

I was reading this thing about the 3 million crysis, and it seems like it might have been just a rumor at gamespot(that got spread on to wikipedia).

Here is the rumor.
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums...6417050&page=0

I was reading starwars galaxy sold better at 1.5 million copies.

People checked the magazine PC Gamer UK and found nothing of the 3 million copies.

Considering that it sold 86.6k in its opening month in the states, I have a hard time believing that it sold 3 million when most other game that sell 3 million have atleast 86.6k on it opening day.
    I think the misconception was 1 million SOLD...but 3 million copies
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Addict
    the rumor at wikipedia on the crysis section was also taken down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis

It sold a million copies during Novermber, December and january. This can be confimed by plenty of articles.

Considering it's best months would have been its opening months and christmas, I have a hard time believing it would have sold another 2 million copies in 4 months. Which are also the slow months of people buying games considering university, school and people just being too busy.

Xtreme Addict
    I would like to see more vehicular action in the new crysis compared to the first. It would be cool to have a level with snowmobiles, and have armored motorcycles... maybe a chase scene.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast