Page 70 of 189 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4708

Thread: X48 Rampage Formula Preview.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_rtr View Post
    back in bios noticed that the fsb was up to 2,02V by it self any ideas
    No idea. Can you you lower the voltage in the BIOS or is it stuck at 2.02V?

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR View Post
    its not that. I replaced modules with amimmwin, fixed bios header + ebb checksum manualy, checked that modules 80 is normal size and it still doesnt work. This seems to be incompatibility with new ich roms and bios. Oh well, this seems to be only bug tho. Also with custom ich rom, alt+f2 ezflash you get usb drives, if you enter ezflash thrue bios they are gone....
    I understood and I can live without that EZFlash from within BIOS. But do you know what happens with Load Defaults -> Save & Exit and then computer hangs, until CLR CMOS is pressed? Did that somehow alters defaults values loaded? That's why I need a BIOS mod ONLY with v8.5 IMMS and nothing else, to try it out, because Load Default is loaded often when overclocking...
    Also, I figured out how to make a modified module myself, but I've found so many MMTool versions as every version makes slightly different BIOS outputs, and I'm afraid to try! Some leaves ASUSTEK header intact, some do not, but inside is somehow more or less some different bytes, and I don't want to be left out in black for 1 month or so until MB replacement.
    Oh well, soon will be time to try OCing with that new BIOS, I didn't have time until now...
    Thanx!

Xtreme Member
    Ok after doing the bios reset the hard way
    loaded the 0802 bios and i am botting up normally again

I will try to see if i can get back to 9x423

edit
    back in bios noticed that the fsb was up to 2,02V by it self any ideas
    Neo_rtr my good friend take a good look @ page 67:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ampage&page=67

and pay attention @ Zucker2k bios settings post, @ mikeyakame explanation posts. as of course @ A-Greys posts too. There is a looot of juice. Just think that QX6700 is an 65nm cpu while Zuckers2k Q9650 is an 45nm cpu. So you certainly have to find the right fsbvtt, cpu pll or cpu volts for your QX6700 something i wish i knew to tell you.
    The think is that now with the new skew settings you will be able to hit much higher fsb clocks.

Call me
    Xigmatek Elysium - ASUS P8Z77-WS - 3770K Testing.... - G.SKILL 16gb F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH @ 2133 - ASUS 7970 MATRIX Platinum - Corsair AX 1200w

CPU EK-Supreme HF nickel plated - Pumps 2 x Laing DDC-1Plus with EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 - Radiator ThermoChill PA120.3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Grey View Post
    Yes he can. I know that because, since i have this board, the same think has happend - 2 or 3 times - to me, especially after bad bios flashing. It has, unfortunatelly, happened to me to forget set default settings before flashing. i know but sometimes ........
    Xigmatek Elysium - ASUS P8Z77-WS - 3770K Testing.... - G.SKILL 16gb F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH @ 2133 - ASUS 7970 MATRIX Platinum - Corsair AX 1200w

CPU EK-Supreme HF nickel plated - Pumps 2 x Laing DDC-1Plus with EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 - Radiator ThermoChill PA120.3

Xtreme Member
    Yes i did

It come back!!
    everest says the following just now
    CPU Core 1.49 V
    North Bridge Core 1.70 V
    FSB VTT 2.02 V
    South Bridge Core 1.12 V
    South Bridge PLL 1.57 V

Really puzzzzled here

I am using the following values and when i go to Power is reporting the following
    Bios set ......................Bios Reported
    CPU Voltage 1.50625V..........1.488v
    CPU PLL 1.60v...............1.744v
    Dram Voltage 2.02v................2.16v
    FSB Trm Vlt 1.50v.............. .1.696v
    SB Trm Vlt 1.075v..............1.120v
    SB 1.5v auto.................1.568v
    LoadlineCalib Enabled
    CPU GTL VRef 0.67x
    NB GTL VRef 0.63x
    Last edited by neo_rtr; 02-09-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    [Asus P8Z77 WS Z77] [i7 3770K] [Apogee HD waterblock]
    [16GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-19200 2400MHz TridentX Series CL10 (10-12-12-31) Dual Channel kit]
    [Zotac GTX 680][Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 GTX680 Hole]
    [2x ThermoChill PA120.3][2x Laing DDC-1T-PLUS - XSPC Dual 5.25"Bay Reservoir ][Stacker 832][PSU:ThermalTake 1200W][2x 24" Screens BenQ G2420]
    Current Rig ASUS P8Z77 WS - ATX / Z77 Intel Core i7-3770K CM Stacker + 2nd WC Casehttp://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0157dh0.jpg
    Project Blue Orbit - Phase 2
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=243865

Build With MIPS freezers NB,SB,Mosfets

Xtreme Addict
    Try Clear CMOS again and while doing that disconnect the power and push the reset button while touching your case.
    If that doesn't work. Do the same thing again. Power your system back on (don't load any settings)and try to flash it again with BIOS 0802. After flashing the BIOS again Clear CMOS.

I hope this might help.

Xtreme Addict
    I did some testing today with BIOS 0802. I managed to pass test 5 in MemTest86+ V2.11 without errors with my OCZ Reapers HPC PC2-8500@1140MHz 5-5-5-15... and 1.96V in the BIOS, 8 X 475MHz 3.8GHz.

I used CPU Clock Skew -200 and NB Clock Skew -100.

I couldn't do that with previous BIOSes. The Clock Skews are doing their job.

Xtreme Member
    Try Clear CMOS again and while doing that disconnect the power and push the reset button while touching your case.
    If that doesn't work. Do the same thing again. Power your system back on (don't load any settings)and try to flash it again with BIOS 0802. After flashing the BIOS again Clear CMOS.

I hope this might help.
    I didnt flash it again though but ii have managed to get it to stay foot.

iam back on (almost maximus bios settings) track and running prime but is not working so well.

i have taken pics with the bios settings and will upload later on
    thanks for the post.

In your opinion in order to get higher clock should i go 10x380 or 4x425

EDIT

Hmm I dont know. By the way when prime fails straight away that is CPU volt related?
    Last edited by neo_rtr; 02-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    [16GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-19200 2400MHz TridentX Series CL10 (10-12-12-31) Dual Channel kit]
    [2x ThermoChill PA120.3][2x Laing DDC-1T-PLUS - XSPC Dual 5.25"Bay Reservoir ][Stacker 832][PSU:ThermalTake 1200W][2x 24" Screens BenQ G2420]
    Current Rig ASUS P8Z77 WS - ATX / Z77 Intel Core i7-3770K CM Stacker + 2nd WC Casehttp://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0157dh0.jpg

I am Xtreme
    Is anyone that has a Rampage Formula running 4gb Geil RAM?
    2X2gb PC2 8500
    GE24GB1066C5DC

If so can you share your bios settings for this ram?
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I understood and I can live without that EZFlash from within BIOS. But do you know what happens with Load Defaults -> Save & Exit and then computer hangs, until CLR CMOS is pressed? Did that somehow alters defaults values loaded? That's why I need a BIOS mod ONLY with v8.5 IMMS and nothing else, to try it out, because Load Default is loaded often when overclocking...
    Also, I figured out how to make a modified module myself, but I've found so many MMTool versions as every version makes slightly different BIOS outputs, and I'm afraid to try! Some leaves ASUSTEK header intact, some do not, but inside is somehow more or less some different bytes, and I don't want to be left out in black for 1 month or so until MB replacement.
    Oh well, soon will be time to try OCing with that new BIOS, I didn't have time until now...
    Thanx!
    i didnt notice that bug, however if you want i can send you link with, suppose to be corrected 80h module in custom bios that i made but wont publish since obviously ich 8.x roms are doing problems on ich9r. If you want to replace your self, im using "MMTOOL_3.22_1B_21Fix-BKMOD" or since yesterday amimmwin as well...

Xtreme Member
    Might be a stupid question but can you run sli on this board?
    Intel I7 920 (4.2ghz)
    EVGA x58 Classified 760
    Asus 580 DC2
    Corsair Dominator GT 6gb
    256gb SSD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Michowski View Post
    Might be a stupid question but can you run sli on this board?
    Ummm No...... Crossfire only man.....
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Xtreme Addict
    I did some testing today with BIOS 0802. I managed to pass test 5 in MemTest86+ V2.11 without errors with my OCZ Reapers HPC PC2-8500@1140MHz 5-5-5-15... and 1.96V in the BIOS, 8 X 475MHz 3.8GHz.

I used CPU Clock Skew -200 and NB Clock Skew -100.

I couldn't do that with previous BIOSes. The Clock Skews are doing their job.
    Lovely mate!

I officially knight this bios:

best non-official most functional and stable alpha-beta release that almost never existed and only exists because some crazy owners asked for over 10 extra bios options and it was easier to steal code from other bios source trees than write new source tree code for features which have never apparently been questioned don't exist.

By the way I got a new toy to play with for the time my RF is sightseeing over the Asus garage.

DFI X48-LT T2R!

This is my "backup" board heh, bios looks fun though hope my RF needs an RMA so I got an excuse to keep playin with this a while heh. Gonna pull my RF out tonight and throw this board in! Being X48 with similar onboard components shouldn't have to do much at all. Wasn't too expensive and seemed like a good excuse to play intricately with a solid DFI board!

First thing I did was look at the bios settings in the manual and I thought I was imagining things. There wasn't a bios option listed there that didn't mean something to me, the option naming from DFI reflects the options actual function.

http://img.lanparty.tw/Upload/Catalo...LTX48_BIOS.pdf

Check that out and tell me how much sense the option naming actually makes, and seems like Jimmy from DFI took the time to explain how they work briefly in such a way that you don't need a PHD in engineering to understand what roles they each play to stabilize a high FSB frequency.

Just thought it was pretty cool thats all, don't think any other DDR2 board will ever touch the way the RF gives amazing feedback when you change settings blindly, I'll throw some screenshots up with the usual everest blah blah once I get some time into it overclocking, mostly I want to see how it compares to the RF that's what interests me.
    Last edited by mikeyakame; 02-10-2009 at 02:15 AM.

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Member
    I would love to have the same from ASUS, explaining in such easy way the different functions.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR View Post
    i didnt notice that bug, however if you want i can send you link with, suppose to be corrected 80h module in custom bios that i made but wont publish since obviously ich 8.x roms are doing problems on ich9r. If you want to replace your self, im using "MMTOOL_3.22_1B_21Fix-BKMOD" or since yesterday amimmwin as well...
    Thanx for answer.
    Unfortunately, BIOS modding will have to wait. Yesterday I have toasted my video card (I used nibitor and had changed Show text message from 1xxx to 0 in idea that this would shorten my boot time -- the lcd stayed at VGA BIOS for 2-3 seconds before. Now it stays here forever ). And yes I tried another VGA card in 2nd PCIe slot, but until I remove the old card it didn't work either. I have tried even hot-swapping, putting the dead card after the good one initializes, but it's not detected by nvflash that way. What I couldn't try is putting the dead card in 2nd slot and the good one in first because I don't have enough space in my case to allow me put 2-slot dead card in bottom PCIe slot, and that would need removing entire Rampage from the case . Will have to borrow a video card soon...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Thanx for answer.
    Unfortunately, BIOS modding will have to wait. Yesterday I have toasted my video card (I used nibitor and had changed Show text message from 1xxx to 0 in idea that this would shorten my boot time -- the lcd stayed at VGA BIOS for 2-3 seconds before. Now it stays here forever ). And yes I tried another VGA card in 2nd PCIe slot, but until I remove the old card it didn't work either. I have tried even hot-swapping, putting the dead card after the good one initializes, but it's not detected by nvflash that way. What I couldn't try is putting the dead card in 2nd slot and the good one in first because I don't have enough space in my case to allow me put 2-slot dead card in bottom PCIe slot, and that would need removing entire Rampage from the case . Will have to borrow a video card soon...
    try "broken" graphic card in 2nd slot, or this should work for sure, get some old pci card somewhere, boot with only that one in computer, change in bios that you prio pci over pcie and then put your broken card in and reflash with original bios (hope you did save it before flashing...:P)

Xtreme Addict
    In your opinion in order to get higher clock should i go 10x380 or 4x425
    I think it should have been 9 X 425MHz

If around 3.8GHz is the highest you can go with your CPU I would say FSB 425MHz.

When your memory can reach 1140MHz go for 8 X 475MHz, 333 MHz strap and tRD 7.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
    Lovely mate!

I officially knight this bios:

best non-official most functional and stable alpha-beta release that almost never existed and only exists because some crazy owners asked for over 10 extra bios options and it was easier to steal code from other bios source trees than write new source tree code for features which have never apparently been questioned don't exist.

By the way I got a new toy to play with for the time my RF is sightseeing over the Asus garage.

DFI X48-LT T2R!

This is my "backup" board heh, bios looks fun though hope my RF needs an RMA so I got an excuse to keep playin with this a while heh. Gonna pull my RF out tonight and throw this board in! Being X48 with similar onboard components shouldn't have to do much at all. Wasn't too expensive and seemed like a good excuse to play intricately with a solid DFI board!

First thing I did was look at the bios settings in the manual and I thought I was imagining things. There wasn't a bios option listed there that didn't mean something to me, the option naming from DFI reflects the options actual function.

http://img.lanparty.tw/Upload/Catalo...LTX48_BIOS.pdf

Check that out and tell me how much sense the option naming actually makes, and seems like Jimmy from DFI took the time to explain how they work briefly in such a way that you don't need a PHD in engineering to understand what roles they each play to stabilize a high FSB frequency.

Just thought it was pretty cool thats all, don't think any other DDR2 board will ever touch the way the RF gives amazing feedback when you change settings blindly, I'll throw some screenshots up with the usual everest blah blah once I get some time into it overclocking, mostly I want to see how it compares to the RF that's what interests me.
    I don't expect it to run Prime95 stable at 1140MHz but I know now that those Clock Skews can get me to the higher clocks. Now it's waiting for the G.Skills to arrive from RMA.

That BIOS on your DFI board looks very good. You've got tons of settings to play with. Let's see now how far you can push that board.
    Last edited by Alien Grey; 02-10-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Testing a theory

If the following setup 475x7 = 3325 mhz , one manages to get it prime stable
    and all the voltage etc is set, then by going 475x8 = 3800mhz one will have to find only the CPU and CPU PLL
    does that make sence?

Xtreme Addict
    No, you will need a lot more tweaking. The other voltages will probably be to low when you bump the CPU speed.

See how high you can go on FSB with the 8 multiplier. When you aren't satisfied with the CPU clocks you can reach with the 8 multiplier go for the 9 multiplier, the 266MHz strap and tRD 6. FSB 425 should be easy to get and you don't have to overclock your memory. You can try to hit the 4 GHz with the 9 multiplier.

Xtreme Addict
    Zucker,

I spent a few hours last night testing 1N command rate at 1066mhz, nearly got it down to 80 errors in Memtest Test #5 low mem range, down from 8000 when I first started. I think errors are my board, will see in a few days.
    DRAM Command Skew could have helped to run your memory at 1066MHz with Command Rate 1N. Unfortunately we didn't ask it to be implemented in the BIOS.

Banned
    DRAM Command Skew could have helped to run your memory at 1066MHz with Command Rate 1N. Unfortunately we didn't ask it to be implemented in the BIOS.
    I was just playing with 1t clocking here; not fun at all. What a waste of potential. Anyway, one of my cores is messing with my overclocks. Why don't we ask for individual clock skews/gtls? They do that, we stop bothering them.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    I was just playing with 1t clocking here; not fun at all. What a waste of potential. Anyway, one of my cores is messing with my overclocks. Why don't we ask for individual clock skews/gtls? They do that, we stop bothering them.
    So you tried the 1N command rate aye Hows your head doing?

I found I needed to advance CMD Skew about half the amount I had to advance CLK skew on mine.

We did ask for individual clock skews and GTLs, Asus guys asked why do we need them LOL ouch I say.

We can keep bugging though. We'll wait and see when the next beta bios comes out as they are supposed to be adding tREF timing. Perhaps one of my other many requested options will be added too who knows. I'm pretty sure their bios programmers have their hands full at the moment working on all the I7 bios problems they've got heh!

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Addict
    We did ask for individual clock skews and GTLs, Asus guys asked why do we need them LOL ouch I say.
    Well you could turn that around on them and ask why were those options available on the P5E3 Premium, P5Q Deluxe, Maximus II Formula, etc. if we didn't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostleader View Post
    thanks alot mate!
    Intel Q6600 G0
    Asus Rampage Formula
    Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme
    Team Xtreme ddr2 2x1gb 1200mhz 5-5-5-15
    Creative X-FI Platinum fatality series
    Power Color ATI 4870x2
    Silverstone OP1000 PSU
    Silverstone MFP51
    Silverstone TJ09 black
    Silverstone FM123 1x