Thread: Abit launches IX38 QuadGT Speedster

Xtreme Enthusiast

Abit launches IX38 QuadGT Speedster

Wasn't sure if this had been posted before, sorry if it has. I looked and I didn't find anything.

Abit has decided to join the big three and launch its own motherboard based on the Intel X38 chipset. The new motherboard supports the current 65 nm and coming 45 nm processors from Intel, even those with a 1600 MHz FSB. The DDR2-1066 MHz support and dual PCIe x16 slots with full x16 bandwidth are both available, along with "next generation" digital PWMs and solid state capacitors. By next generation Abit is talking about its Smart-Slave technology, which in theory offers up to four times the efficiency of conventional PWMs, and less noise through a more ideal resistance rating during charge switching.

"The power inductor is magnetically coupling phases to replace conventional multiple discrete inductors. This solution improves performance 4x and more. Energy is stored longer and the current can be regulated more accurately."

Abit seems to have really outdone themselves in the electronics department, and with a cooling that looks sufficient but not overdone (take a hint MSI) this one looks like a winner.

Abit IX38 QuadGT Speedster sports the regular amount of features besides the delicate engineering; Gb Ethernet, 6 SATA II ports with RAID 0/1/0+1/5 JBOD, 8 channel HD audio, 12 USB 2.0 ports, on-board power and reset buttons along with a CCMOS button.

We don't have an American price, but the current Swedish price is about 2200 SEK (British prices are around £150), and that usually translates into about $200-225.

"...you are ready for speeds well beyond 1600 MHz FSB."
    Source and pic here: NordicHardware

Looks neat, gonna chat up my Abit contact to see if we can have one

Available more or less immediately.

EDIT: Noticed people had published in the preview thread. Merge or remove.

//Andreas

Xtreme Mentor

[Review] Core i7 920 & UD5 » Here!! « .....[Review] XFX GTX260 216SP Black Edition » Here!! «
    [Review] ASUS HD4870X2 TOP » Here!! «
    .....[Review] EVGA 750i SLi FTW » Here!! «
    [Review] BFG 9800GTX 512MB » Here!! « .....[Review] Geforce 9800GX2 1GB » Here!! «
    [Review] EVGA GTX280 1GB GDDR3 » Here!! « .....[Review] Powercolor HD4870 512MB GDDR5 » Here!! «