Thread: Project: -S-T-A-C-K-E-R-

Xtreme Addict

Project: -S-T-A-C-K-E-R-

Admittedly this is from a while back but just making good on my sig so my apologies to all that are re-reading old news

Got most bits back from the painters after being baked at 90° for 45 minutes (gas mark 9) along side a Porsche apparently so it was in good company

The guy who did it is machine polishing it on Monday so i can't really do a lot with it at present.

Anyway, not got much time so i'll just leave with a few pictures for now....

The guy that did the paint work (known only as "the Stig") turned up today and machine polished and touched up the black bits and did a cracking job so hats off to the stig

While he was busy with that i started putting a few bits back together and ended up rubbing down and priming the top and front bits down.

It sounds strange but every time i've been in Halfords and seen people buying that chrome spray i always giggled to myself and think to myself that will never work but for some reason today i just had to give it a go and must admit i was quite surprised with how it turned out - it wasn't exactly chrome but pretty shiny for paint but i'll reserve judgment and might still go ahead and get the bits chromed properly.

Anyway heres a log of today's work up to where things stand tonight.....

Such a shame to get rid of the black paint job as it was immaculate but it just looked to much like a standard Stacker so off it came :'(

Didn't think i would be polishing another case for a while but shiny against the red and black inside should look pretty good

I've not seen a shiny Stacker so it had to happen really

Not sure what colour to do the top and front bezel..........might go red but i'll sleep on it!

Anyway that's the top done so i'm off for a couple of cold ones

Well i'm certainly starting to come round to a shiny Stacker.

Got the bezels and top bit away getting painted red same as the inside and managed to get one side polished and the shiny window film applied and i'm starting to think i made the right decision even though its a lengthy job.

As you can see i didn't waste any time polishing the top bit which is covered by the bezel bit :smile:

Did i make the right decision or should i of left it black??

Anyway, been quite a productive day in the Stacker stakes.

First of all decided to change the BIX III to an XSPC 120D Crossflow as it would make plumbing in much easier but first of all had to make a custom plate to patch up the 360 hole and also to mount the new rad.

So measured and marked it all out onto a piece of 1mm aluminium plate and cut a couple of 120mm holes in it using my trusty hole saw (way to hot to be cutting out by hand) - few holes drilled in and a couple of coats of red paint and mounted the rad to it once it was dry followed by mounting it into the case.

While the paint was drying i started to get a few things put together - hard drive mounted into an Aquadrive - DDC rubber mounted and fixed to the red 5.25 extension brackets..........oh yeah and a couple of EK-FC79's Sli mounted.

Back to the rad and a couple of chrome Titan 120mm fans added and then made a start on adding the Aquadrive and pump to the case.

There you go, and here's the picture diary which are pretty self explanatory.....

Been a long day but i've thoroughly enjoyed it so just thought i'd finish it off with a final update.

Got to say i'm really impressed with the quality and fit of the new EK blocks and this is how they look all fitted up ready for running the hose tomorrow.

Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
    AMD FX-55
    1x Raptor 74GB
    2x Corsair CMX 1024 - 3500LL Pro
    2x Gainward 6800Ultra Golden Samples
    Enermax ESP 660watt PSU

EK-Wave CPU Block
    2x EK-FC-79 Sli Blocks
    DD Aquadrive HD Block
    Laing DDC Pump Plexi Res Top
    XSPC 120D X-Fire Radiator

Anyway, thanks everyone as always for the feedback

Queue an update.............well i got it filled and bled with some nice matching red water

Got that little flow meter thing on and its reading 1.5psi which is a bit of a drop from when i last used it but to be expected with the Aquadrive and Sli blocks i guess - be nice to see how these blocks perform now

(Haven't got a clue how accurate it is and i just noticed its reading 3.5psi and the system ain't even running........quality )

Don't know what's happened to me this time around, i'm usually really decisive on this sort of stuff but i just can't make my mind up.

Got the red bezel bits back from painter and they look stunning but i'm just not 100% sold one the shiny now

Luckily i've not polished the other panel which is still in black so see what you reckon as i'm sick of it tbh :S

At this point i'm more inclined to go back to black but i'm going to concentrate on getting the cabling done for the time being and see how i feel when that's done.

Any ideas???

Just re-painted the side panel of the Stacker which has turned out pretty good.

Masked up the back to protect the red paint on the inside and gave it a couple of coats of primer followed the next day by four coats of black.

After leaving it to cure for a few days it was rubbed down with 2000 grit wetndry with soapy water which got rid of all the orange peel then machine polished with Diamond UltraGlaze that's about it really..............just the top to do now and replace the mirror window with black.

Not much you can do with the shape of the window due to its shear size and the fact the plexi is moulded to that shape so changing it in any way would need a new window but swapping it to black has helped.

Anyway rather than taking everything out the case decided to mask it all up to paint the top black again which has turned out nice and shiny and i'm much happier with the colour scheme now.

All that really need doing now is a final machine polish, the PSU sleeved and a bit of cable management then all the front end building back up which shouldn't take to long but its been a long long day and i'm struggling now so it will have to wait :S

A few pictures of todays progress though

And a quick update on the -S-T-A-C-K-E-R-

Got all the front end built back up and a final rub down with 2000 grit machine polish on the top and its turned out more shiny than my car tbh and weighs probably about the same :S

So that's it done for now apart from some cable management but i have a feeling the PSU will be getting changed as its way to big for the system but that's a job for another day :smile:

Red looks really nice against the black so that's me happy...........for now

Both completely finished and working well........which makes a change for me!

System Spec:
    Black / Red Stacker
    Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
    AMD FX-55
    4x Corsair CMX 1024 - 3500LL Pro
    2x Gainward 7800GTX Ultra Golden Samples
    Enermax ESP 660watt PSU
    2x 74GB Raptors
    Windows XP Pro 64Bit
    Watercooling:
    EK-Wave CPU Block
    2x EK-FC-79 Sli Blocks
    Danger Den Aquadrive Drive Block
    Laing DDC 18watt - Alphacool Dual Plexi Res
    XSPC 120D X-Fire Radiator
    2x Titan Aluminium Fans
    Tygon Hose
    Feser 1 Black / Blue Liquid

System Spec:
    Yellow / Black Stacker
    Tyan Tiger K8WE S2877ANRF
    2x AMD Opteron 265 dual core SKT 940 Retail (1.8Ghz-0.9nm-2Mb)
    4x 512GB OCZ 3200 EL DDR ECC Reg / Dual Channel
    Gainwards 8800GTX Ultra Golden Sample
    Antec 850 True Power Quattro PSU
    2x 74GB Raptors
    Windows XP Pro
    Watercooling:
    2x Danger Den TDX A64 Blocks
    Danger Den NV8800 Block
    Danger Den Aquadrive Drive Block
    Laing DDC 10watt - Alphacool Dual Plexi Res
    HWLabs Custom Made GTX X-Flow
    2x Yate Loon D12SL-12
    Tygon Hose
    Feser 1 Yellow Liquid

Xtreme Member
    dude, i love thoses cases. I will say a very dam good job well done.

may i ask why you didnt put a couple of fans in the bottom of the black and red stacker like you did on the yellow one.

but like i said man, good job. wish i had to patience that you have. i would like to do something like that too my Antec P180B case.
    Little Mean Red Machine:
    2008 Saturn Astra XR|Salsa Red|2dr Hatchback|1.8L 140HP 4cyl|5-Speed FWD
    Main Box:
    ABIT IP-35Pro XE|Intel C2Q 3.2GHz|Zalman 9900|4GB Corsair Dom. DDR21066|ATI 5770 |SB X-Fi XM|2x W.D.V.R. 300GB RAID 0|S.B. 320GB|2x TSSCORP SH-S223B|Antec P193|Antec TPQ 850W|2x Samsung SyncMaster P2350 HD 1080P|G15|MX1000&G5|Win7 RTM Pro X64
    Spare Box:
    ABIT IC7-G MaxII|Intel P4 3.2GHz|Zalman 7700CNPS-C|2GB OCZ HP DDR400|ATI 9800XT|W.D.C. 40GB|W.D.C. 250gb|Antec
    Neo480|WinXP Pro SP3

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox21984 View Post
    dude, i love thoses cases. I will say a very dam good job well done.

may i ask why you didnt put a couple of fans in the bottom of the black and red stacker like you did on the yellow one.

but like i said man, good job. wish i had to patience that you have. i would like to do something like that too my Antec P180B case.
    Not really sure tbh, i guess i thought the aluminium ones sort of fitted in when the whole case was polished and bever got around to changing them.

Cheers for the compliment though.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Subscribing..

Honestly, I am very impressed.
    ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıl pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ ǝq ʇ,uop

Xtreme Member
    Nice work on all your case modding Love them makes me want to start a new case myself.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.0 MHz
    3x2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    Swiftech Apogee XT
    Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NSE
    EK Mosfets
    XFX 5970
    Westy 42" Monitor
    Silver Stone ST 1500 Watt PSU
    Corsair 800 D Case
    2x 74 gig Raptors Sata 0Raid

Simply Fantastic, very good job.

yup been looking through both stacker projects of yours trying to get some idea's for paint colours

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hm, those film on your window, is it from car accessories? did u try some neon lights inside, how it looks through the window?

i'm going to make dark plexi windows in my build, and not sure yet how dark should it be

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    coolmiester,

is your case at cebit 2008?

nice painting man
    u realy know the job
    Main rig
    Intel i7 940@4.0ghz under TRUE 120 Black - Gigabyte EX58 UD5 - 6GB SuperTalent DDR3 1600 mhz - Sapphire Radeon 5870 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X - Corsair HX1000W - 2x320GB Samsung F1 RAID0 - Pioneer 212 - CollerMaster HAF932
    Peripherie
    Samsung T220 22" - Razer Lycosa - Razer Deathadder - SteelSeries QCK+ fnatic - SteelSeries Siberia v2 - Logitech X530 - Canon Smartbase MP390
    Mobile
    Acer Aspire One - Sapphire blue - Atom 1.6ghz/1gb ram/16gb/Windows Xp Home Sp3

Xtreme Member
    Nasty tattoo in right leg someone got there.
    OCFX i think that SLR is his case.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmiester View Post
    any chance of bigger pic of that tattoo