Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ocz cryo-z news?

Xtreme Member
    HI Ryder, is it possible to get 230v version of it? if yes how much shipping to europe... this could sell pretty well if priced 299euros :P that is like 450 dollars :/

if not yet avaible... ASAP make it... im not gonna pay 700 euros for vapochill... 1050 ~ dollars :S
    A64 2800@ 9x279 # Abit kv8pro 3rd EYE (vtt and vmem modded) # 2x256 mb TwinMos memory( with old winbond ch-5 max:240@3.5v) # 2x256mb KHX 3000 memory (with old winbond bh-5 max:270@3.7v)
    9600 Pro LE with vgpu mod
    Good Job!

Xtremely Addicted
    Looking good

Ryder you might wanna try CPU temp (not core) in Speedfan, seems to be one of the very few progs that can actually read subzero rather correct. Coretemp etc always stays + zero here.

the jedi master
    For those asking about 230V versions...sorry 115V only, there will be NO shipments to 230V regions, you have to have a US shipping address.

Now if you get a friend to buy one and you ship it to EU then be warned you probably will not have warranty.

Shipping phase units is real hard to do, especially oversea's, this is why we decided USA/Canada only.

We have had these units ready a good while now, we had to wait for paperwork etc to complete before they could enter the retail channel. As mentioned before you have to watch the OCZ site to see when units come available. As units are tested the passed units should enter the system in batches of 10, this may happen monthly so keep an eye out

Regards Ryder benching...keep in mind this is his first attempt with a phase unit and he is learning all the while, Eric will be offering support on the OCZ forum for those who need it in our dedicated cooling section.

I have a smilar spec unit here and hit 4.66GHZ with a quad 6850 and the cpu remained below freezing even on full load, so there is hope
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Is temp1 being measured at the Evap or somewhere else?

Seeing -49C (Celsius I suppose) as Temp1 and a Coretemp of 4 and 15C, makes me either think Coretemp displays the wrong values, because the temp is subzero or Temp1 is not the evap temp.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

XS News
    Good job OCZ. I think you guys easily could have put these up for at least $399 and still sold a ton. $299 is a steal. I'm just wondering what the noise level is. Can this compare to high level water in terms of noise?
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    Is temp1 being measured at the Evap or somewhere else?

Seeing -49C (Celsius I suppose) as Temp1 and a Coretemp of 4 and 15C, makes me either think Coretemp displays the wrong values, because the temp is subzero or Temp1 is not the evap temp.
    -49C is the EVAP temp on the LCD. Coretemp does not read subzero. The Dual Cores I used displayed either 6C or 10C all the time, never moved.

I will look into speedfan.

Xtreme Addict

Steady Production

Will this be part of steady production or it's just a limited time thing?
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Software programs cannot read the correct temperature as the internal register only works above 0C.

The fact you showed coretemp on your screenshots confused me a little.

Thanks for making that clear.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Mentor
    please stick to the same voltage on no load and then on load so we can accurately compare temps side by side.

thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    ^+1
    Looking good guys but please show idle and load temps at the same settings - P95 Small FFT is perfect as long as he load is above 30minutes at least.

i.e. 1.5v 4200 QX6850, would be near 240W full load.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Long post guys

Hopefully this is what you want....no reboots, all done with what you see in bios in the first screenshots:

Ambient:

Bios:

EVAP temp while in the bios/no load:

Booted into Windows - No Load:

38mins - Quad Prime Small FFT's:

EVAP at the end of 38min:

So, after remounting this morning, I can say that my mount last night was terrible. After 5min I had 2 cores showing 15C in Coretemp. Now after a correct mount, Coretemp never moved after 38 minutes of Quad Prime Small FFT's .

The unit is easy to use, my insulation (for benching) is fairly minimal. Nothing in the socket, armaflex under the board and insulation around the socket only.

Oh yea...here is 3D06..I forgot GPU-z though
    Card clocks are 895/1286.

Very very nice temperatures for that price.
    Damn, I have to move to the US

Blaat

SSD faster than your HDD
    Regarding Speedfan... I installed it, started it up and while scanning, it shutdown the board (as in click.. Off... do not pass go) so that is why you do not see it here.

I will put an air cooler on possibly and play with it to see if I can get it working...if I do, I will be back with the Cryo-z hooked up.

I can only make the assumption that temps are somewhere below 4C on the cores. Many of you know far more about the Delta between Evap and core, so maybe you can tell me what they should be approx

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    uh, is it just me, or is that saying that your idle and load temps are the same in windows, according to coretemp. i'd suggest a program that isn't broken, because there's really no point of those screenshots otherwise
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Mentor
    shhhh i smell vdroop....

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Ryder. If I remember correctly you are using a DFI board. If it has the smart guardian tool it will read negative temps but it starts out being 255C = -1C, 254C = -2C and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Addict
    @Ryder sold another unit!

Can you just fill us in what was the mistake you made on the 1st installation so new comers to phase cooling won't do the same thing?
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Bad mounts are just like air heatsinks or water blocks. They might be un even or not enough pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    @Ryder sold another unit!

Can you just fill us in what was the mistake you made on the 1st installation so new comers to phase cooling won't do the same thing?
    didn't he already state he used too much TIM?

edit: nvm, that was some other thread... and not Ryder
    Last edited by itznfb; 04-10-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark View Post
    uh, is it just me, or is that saying that your idle and load temps are the same in windows, according to coretemp. i'd suggest a program that isn't broken, because there's really no point of those screenshots otherwise
    The screenshots are very useful as it shows 1) the single-stage isn't crashing due to load 2) the CPU is staying below 0 C. Core temp will give all sorts of dicked up temps right until you hit ~5C or so. The fact that it is holding that chip at 4200MHz is pretty good, now we need to see some results where it starts crashing

Pie assassin
    will realtemp read negative temps?
    Current Status - Testing & Research

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark View Post
    Ozzi...how have you been?

Yep, I know...but if you read my post from last night...I had 2 cores that went to 15C in Coretemp within 5 minutes, so I have a definite improvment here. I also said that since I am no phase guru...I was hoping that some of them would step in and give a good estimate, based on EVAP and what is considered "the norm" for Delta between EVAP and core/IHS.

Smart Guardian...now there is an idea...gotta find the DFI CD

Xtremely Addicted
    According to Coretemp temp seems to be below zero while loaded (as its stil stuck) which would be rather impressive for a quad and 1.44v. Stock Mach II had a hard time keeping me E66 below zero at 1.4v during 10 minutes of OCCT.

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks Ryder, thats actually looking very good since the heat load is quite large... two things:

- evap temp. is stuck?
    - damn high vdroop there

Pie assassin
    RyderOCZ have you tried realtemp?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=179044

the programmer says it should work...
    Current Status - Testing & Research

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast