Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lapped by Q6600 today

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Please start a new discussion about CPU warranties or something. This thread is about lapping quad cores and temps that result.

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    One tip, btw. You can get incredibly flat "Float Glass" through numerous woodworking stores. Great for the "ScarySharp" method of honing chisels and plane irons. I think Garrett Wade sells it for about $40 USD. It is flatter than standard plate glass, (though it may not make a huge diff to many.)

3dMark Isn't Everything
    LOL, are these all the same people who have never downloaded a single file illegally.
    Kentsfield Q6600@ 3100Mhz
    Asus P5B-E Plus
    2GB GSkill DDRII PC6400GBHZ
    Albatron Geforce 8800GTX
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09
    Thermalright Ultra 120
    Corsair 620W HX
    74GB Raptor/ X-Fi Platinum
    19" CRT NEC 930 SB
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, since no one else said anything, and I'm feeling like an idiot, you must be pretty slow to get lapped by an inanimate object such as your q6600....
    | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | i7 2600K w/ Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS ENGTX580 DirectCU II |
    | 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | Corsair F60 60GB - Raid 0 | WD2001FASS | Silverstone FT-02 w/ Corsair 1200w PSU|

Xtreme Enthusiast
    BTW, I finished lapping the IHS on the chip w/ 1000 grit sandpaper. Pics and temp data results are here.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    How many honest people do you think there are? lol

This is exactly the same as the sticker inside the Dodge Viper that says something along the lines, "drive carefully." Responses to both situations go as one: Do you think anyone will take that seriously?
    good point ... i wouldnt lapp my cpu simply b/c u WILL HAVE MUCH LESS of chance to rma it ...

lets see which one intel will let u rma
    1. lapped un-overclocked cpu
    2. overclocked cpu but not physical damage

... the problem with lapping is taht intel can and will alwyas blame the cpu's failure on that ...

thats why i use coollab pro ... it beats my arctic cremiz, alumina by about 6C both idle and load ...
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    This is exactly the same as the sticker inside the Dodge Viper that says something along the lines, "drive carefully." Responses to both situations go as one: Do you think anyone will take that seriously?
    Eh? One of the most stupid comparisons I've seen on here.. exactly how many people buy Dodge Vipers/Ferraris/Jaguars etc etc then go around crashing them?? I'm pretty sure most of the people who buy them will drive safely..
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12