Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen SS

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wow kayl that thing is looking awesome..I love those condensers, they are by far the beefiest mini-condensers I have ever seen! Just curious, but why ya routing the suction line through the back? Keep up the awesome work can't wait till its finished!

Brandon
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl
    thanxs aussie_guy00000 , i think ill be emailing ya again this week with some more measurements and changes ready for the next cases. I think i am going to have threaded studds added, save me tapping hundreds of holes.
    With the r507 compressor I though I would treat eva2000 for waiting so long, he deserves it hey.
    Will bring alot of attention to i4memory.com for sure. cant wait.
    Why bother putting screws/bolts in them, just use rivets, if you're worried about being able to take it apart again, it's a lot quicker to drill out the rivets then it is to unscrew all those bolts, just make sure you have the right size drill bit. Been doing it for years with coldrooms, and as long as you have the right bit and don't go crazy drilling it out, you can put it together and pull it apart heaps of times. Not to mention rivets cost almost nothing, well cheaper then little bolts anyway. Cheers

Looking forward to see the finished product with some fancy grills and lights. thought of a logo yet kayl
    Last edited by Swinghammer; 03-04-2006 at 07:37 AM.

-100c Club Member
    Uhmmm Uhmmmm damn someone has patient for threading all those holes?!!!!
    Was it really necessary to have that many holes? Looking forward to end product none the less As for riveting... well it does work quite good and I do love using it myself too. But cleaning aftermass could be.... well... not fun.
    Thought about using nut rivets instead on your unit? Those works great as if you mass up the thread, just replace it and you are done.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680
    Wow kayl that thing is looking awesome..I love those condensers, they are by far the beefiest mini-condensers I have ever seen! Just curious, but why ya routing the suction line through the back? Keep up the awesome work can't wait till its finished!

Brandon
    Thanxs, yeah it’s a pitty the 6 row condensers are no longer around. I went for the suction line through the back of the case, so that I could take the hood of the case if need to change a fan, or replace battery in temp display or something, just seemed easier at the time to have it that way. This unit will never see a tower case.
    I would suspect that when eva2000 gets this thing hes never gonna turn it off with all the ram testing he does. 24-48hrs, he loves ram hence his forum name (i4memory)
    With the next cases I will have the suction line leave the top of the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_guy00000
    Why bother putting screws/bolts in them, just use rivets, if you're worried about being able to take it apart again, it's a lot quicker to drill out the rivets then it is to unscrew all those bolts, just make sure you have the right size drill bit. Been doing it for years with coldrooms, and as long as you have the right bit and don't go crazy drilling it out, you can put it together and pull it apart heaps of times. Not to mention rivets cost almost nothing, well cheaper then little bolts anyway. Cheers
    I was going to use rivets (the real large ones) as they would look sweet. No offence to eva2000, but from what I know he doesnt own a drill and rivet gun, and the though of metal shaving on electronics would stress.
    For future cases (like in the email I posted ya) im having threaded studs installed when box is made to save a hell of a lot of time. Also bolts will pass through the side of the case instead of through the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinghammer
    Looking forward to see the finished product with some fancy grills and lights. thought of a logo yet kayl
    Havnt though of a logo yet, just the name Frozen SS for now.
    Next im gonna have to find someone that’s good with graphics. I think the fancy stuff will go very nice in your TIchi case Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    Uhmmm Uhmmmm damn someone has patient for threading all those holes?!!!!
    Was it really necessary to have that many holes? Looking forward to end product none the less As for riveting... well it does work quite good and I do love using it myself too. But cleaning aftermass could be.... well... not fun.
    Thought about using nut rivets instead on your unit? Those works great as if you mass up the thread, just replace it and you are done.
    Yeah taping those holes did take a few hours, its been so many years since I have done that sort of metal work (high school) forgotten just how much time and effort it takes.
    I think I had about double the holes I would of needed, just stressing that the case will be crushed in transit, heard so many bad stories here at XS about posting stuff.

What are nut rivets??

I am Xtreme
    hey kayl I just seen your post where you where going to get 10 cases, did you ever consider buying a box and pan brake and a shear??? a import 48" brake is around 400.00 and a 52"shear 900.00 usa dolllars but you should do a lot better if you by used especially the shear. metal is cheap ,even if you buy new after 15 or 20 cases its paid for then its about 90% profit (labor) for every thing after.

Xtreme Addict
    something like this riveted to the bottom is what I was thinking for the shipping weight concious

Memory Addict
    yeah i dont own a rivet gun... so screws would be best for me..

Can't wait to get this baby - literally it will be placed in the center of my room for benching
    ---

-100c Club Member
    Nut Rivets are just like rivet in applying (well kind of). Instead of blind rivet (which we call rivets), this things goes in with threads inside. In fact, many computer cases have these type of rivets in there for screw mounting places. Basically saves your time putting the threading in as well as if the thread gets damaged, you just drill old one out, put new one in, and your done.
    Search "rivet nut" under google and it will show you very good idea.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

I am Xtreme
    Those are a little on the expensive side and require special tool to install.but a real good option. another option is body clips ,you drill a hole and they slide on, no tool required.

just use self threading hex head screws.(I like the hex heads with screwdiver slot also) while you need a driver to install the first time after that thet can be put in and out with a screwdriver. there are basicly 2 types: a ZIP point (just a sharp point to start hole generaly work well in up to 20 gage steel.(#10,#12,#14 screw size) and Drill point ,any gage but a little more expensive than zip point.(these are great for larger diameter sizes) (#10 and larger) note a drill/driver should be used (has adjustable torque settings) with a magnetic hex bit.

tip: if your not used to using these center punching will help with accurate placement but not needed. also the shorter lenghts are easier to use. get 1/2"

-100C Club Member
    Thanxs for that Levish, I understand now what ya talking about. Yes that would greatly increase the base strength.

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
    yeah i dont own a rivet gun... so screws would be best for me..
    Can't wait to get this baby - literally it will be placed in the center of my room for benching
    I cant wait to see the benches eva2000

Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    Nut Rivets are just like rivet in applying (well kind of). Instead of blind rivet (which we call rivets), this things goes in with threads inside. In fact, many computer cases have these type of rivets in there for screw mounting places. Basically saves your time putting the threading in as well as if the thread gets damaged, you just drill old one out, put new one in, and your done.
    Search "rivet nut" under google and it will show you very good idea.

Im pretty sure that’s what they are hey. I haven’t actually seen what they are, just the metal shop described them to me. They said $5 and we’ll add them for ya.
    Just got to put them on the drawing which is the hard bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal
    Those are a little on the expensive side and require special tool to install.but a real good option. another option is body clips ,you drill a hole and they slide on, no tool required.

just use self threading hex head screws.(I like the hex heads with screwdiver slot also) while you need a driver to install the first time after that thet can be put in and out with a screwdriver. there are basicly 2 types: a ZIP point (just a sharp point to start hole generaly work well in up to 20 gage steel.(#10,#12,#14 screw size) and Drill point ,any gage but a little more expensive than zip point.(these are great for larger diameter sizes) (#10 and larger) note a drill/driver should be used (has adjustable torque settings) with a magnetic hex bit.

tip: if your not used to using these center punching will help with accurate placement but not needed. also the shorter lengths are easier to use. get 1/2"
    I asked the wife the other day if she wanted her own shed. “NO we already have a shed. “ So for now im full hey, no where to keep anymore stuff.

-100C Club Member
    its all brazed insulated and 80% wired. now just got to get the gas

Last edited by kayl; 03-31-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Beefy!
    Pictures are dead.

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlz0r
    Pictures are dead.
    i have upload space isues here, so its linked from another forum until i get it sorted. been talking with fugger about it.
    Last edited by kayl; 04-01-2006 at 06:43 AM.

-100C Club Member
    Its all fished now, just trying to get some r404a or r507 refrigerant now to charge it ready for benching/tunning

Xtreme Enthusiast
    look really good!!

no froster?

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_new_guy
    look really good!!

no froster?
    not this unit, i got one for the next unit, but i have to finish this one first.

nice unit, but why use every one so big condensor for one compressor.
    maybe can you give me the answer.

ICE COOL

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COOL
    nice unit, but why use every one so big condensor for one compressor.
    maybe can you give me the answer.

ICE COOL

Yeah they are quiet big arnt they. I bought a bunch of these of chill1 condensers ages back when he was selling this type. Still got a few of them left though. Once i run out ill be looking at getting smaller ones. Even the vapo ones are plenty big with a desupaheater. I would say that the desupaheater isnt need either in this system but looks good
    Last edited by kayl; 04-08-2006 at 08:01 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Kayl, if you're still having trouble hosting your pics gis a yell and I could whack them on my webspce if you like

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_guy00000
    Hey Kayl, if you're still having trouble hosting your pics gis a yell and I could whack them on my webspce if you like
    ya got pm.

for now im just checking that at low temps its close to k-type standard.
    I use to make electronic instruments as a technician.
    We did 50c and 0c pot tweaks to fit a linear curve.

I managed to take the little SS to get charged today with r404a. Little overcharged and tunning on the fly as i post.
    Not too loud (system), lot of suction through that front window that 105CFM fan is doing nicly at the front. Just need the back grill and its ready.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wow Kayl! That thing turned out SEXY!! awesome work! I am guess this will be the first of many eh!

Brandon J
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Member
    that machine is so hot
    SYSTEM: |QX9650 | DFI P35 / EVGA 780I | CRUCIAL 2*1GB | 9800GTX | SILVERSTONE 1KW |

HOMEPAGE

-130C Club Member
    Very nice work Kayl, as always

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl
    ya got pm.

for now im just checking that at low temps its close to k-type standard.
    I use to make electronic instruments as a technician.
    We did 50c and 0c pot tweaks to fit a linear curve.

I managed to take the little SS to get charged today with r404a. Little overcharged and tunning on the fly as i post.
    Not too loud (system), lot of suction through that front window that 105CFM fan is doing nicly at the front. Just need the back grill and its ready.

Love the pic of the pic of the computer on top of the computer on your bottom screen.
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast