Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $6000.00 Budget for Cooling

-100c Club Member
    With $6000 budget, I am sure you could run submersed system to avoid any condensation... I would start worrying about electricity bill though. It will be noticeble with 3-4 compressor running all the time... and additinonal air conditioning inside room to keep temperature of room in reasonable range
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    With $6000 budget, I am sure you could run submersed system to avoid any condensation... I would start worrying about electricity bill though. It will be noticeble with 3-4 compressor running all the time... and additinonal air conditioning inside room to keep temperature of room in reasonable range
    My electric bill kinda spiked a little last summer...1 cascade and 2 a/c

Xtreme Addict
    You should deal with chilly1 or pcice(no longer on here, he's on the xtremeresources.com forums)

I would say that a two four stagers; one for cpu and one for gpu could be had for that.

But instead of that, you should try and find a used air liquefaction plant and have it continually cooled by liquid air.. that would be neat.

I've been wanting to do that for a long time, but a 220psi in-->2000+psi out compressor is needed for the joule-thompson effect to be able to liquify air, and their really expensive.

Xtreme Member
    What sort of CPU you thinking your going to be able to run this -100 loaded monster on??? I dont think that a latest generation (90nm) AMD cpu exists that doesnt have the cold bug below -90 or so....I may be wrong.

I think you'd be happier (as you said "24/7 yes") with the best single stage unit money can buy, talk to chilly for one, or maybe a 2 stage at around -80. I just dont think you want a 'sport utility sytem' I think you want the best cooling you can get, but for a 24/7 use PC....so ridicules 4 stage electricty eating -100+ units are going to be a headache for you.......

Please disregard what I say at will.

E2180
    MSI P35 Neo2 FR
    Geil Black Dragon 2x1GB
    EVGA 7900GTX
    Toughpower 750W
    Viewsonic VP191b

Xtreme Addict
    Also realize....that the fine tuning of these things is not easy...you need to have some knowledge of HVAC stuff to be able to control and maintain this stuff....

If your wanting something super exotic never seen before, then chilly i'm sure could build you 2 nice dual head units....or you could get 3 seperate single compressor loops and be happy with -50 celsius on each CPU/GPU.
    I like building Vapor phase coolers......
    ......to cool mynipples!!

Heat is "gclg2000"
    95-0-0

-100C Cascade Club

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Better idea: buy parts for a SMP machine and buy a large single stage made for multiple CPUs.
    It'll work better than a single CPU cooled by a cascade. I actually got to use one of those SMP machines and it's really fast!

Xtreme Mentor
    smp?

I naver took an amd under 0, how bad are the cold bug issues?

Xtreme Addict
    from what I have heard of two seperate FX57 CPUs is that the first was able to run 3500MHz with DI but it wasnt even stable enough to do any benching with cascade...The second one dies everytime it gets under -48c....
    cool cool cool!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    smp?
    Just a fancy way to say multiple CPU chips.

Xtreme Mentor
    oh you mean symmetric multiprocessing, I am not to fast with abriviations, sometimes I see USA and think "wonder what that stands for...", I should add I live in usa lol

hope the M2 socket chips will handle cold better

Xtreme Member
    6,000 is totally overkill, i would think 2,000 would be fine

Xtreme Mentor
    depends on what you want, for some situations $10,000 is too little. He just needs to consider 5 factors.

how much money he wants to spend on it
    how much space it can take up
    how cold he wants to run all this heat sources
    how much he wants to pay for his electricity bill
    how much noise he can take

If it can take up a whole room, and he wants to run everything under -200C under load and doesnt care about noise build or electricity cost well in that case 6000 isnt overkill at all its even easier then, just use industrial grade equipment stick a few 50 ton units in his house and call it a day

sure you'll hear his setup from 3 blocks away and he will need to run a few disel electrical generators in the basement feeding them @ 50 galons per hour. He'll have to install some smoke chimnies. I hope he isnt close to an airport they might complain. His neighbours might compain so he should probbably relocate to the industrial part of the town.

Last edited by epion2985; 11-16-2005 at 11:11 PM.

money isn't an issue
    space isn't an issue
    I like things cold
    electricity is cheap
    I can't take noise ( I hate the 120mm fans in my PC right now and they are just stock 2000 rpm ones, but the Mach 2 GT I have now is dead quiet and lovely)

Xtreme Member
    6000 is a nice budget. Talk with chilly and I'm sure he can tell you what he can build for what price. Maybe it'll get cheaper (normal cascade), but maybe he can build you an insane unit for 6000. Just talk with chilly or an other builder.

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmhtkmhtkmht
    money isn't an issue
    space isn't an issue
    I like things cold
    electricity is cheap
    I can't take noise ( I hate the 120mm fans in my PC right now and they are just stock 2000 rpm ones, but the Mach 2 GT I have now is dead quiet and lovely)
    Unless you plan to get massively big condensers that can run the fan at very low speed, anything other than single stage is outta question if you have problem with 2000 RPM 120mm Fan. (about Panaflo M1A in full blast..)

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Addict
    Put the cascade in another room and have a really long suction hose. LOL

Aussie God
    contact Tom Holck, but I think 6000$ is a bit to low, but he makes the most extreme cascades, however I dont know if he sells... - But, they've been rated at 25-50.000 DKK..
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

The Blue Dolphin
    Try to get in contact with PCICE. He makes great things for cheap but he's banned on XS.
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Xtreme Addict
    Give us some more details of what you want to do? Are you looking for one giant bad ass system? or something more cheaper and basic...?
    I like building Vapor phase coolers......
    ......to cool mynipples!!

Heat is "gclg2000"
    95-0-0

-100C Cascade Club

beefin' it up!
    sounds like the perfect target for a dualhead -80C loaded autocascade...

Big, Bad and Pretty.

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexio
    Try to get in contact with PCICE. He makes great things for cheap but he's banned on XS.
    I can't say that is true about his sense of quietness. If 110CFM -120CFM 120mm fan is considered quiet... I dunno.

Single Stage Work Logs

Well, I've made my mind up finally with the chip I will be using and I will be buying the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ in January - single core chips are over, and realistically, I don't "game" that much as I get a headache from FPS games. I am sure that the dual core chip with the stock setting of 2.6GHz can reach 3.6 on a good day : D
    Last edited by kmhtkmhtkmht; 11-17-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    be sure to see what decibals this thing'll throw off, im guessing it'll be awfully loud...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier
    contact Tom Holck, but I think 6000$ is a bit to low, but he makes the most extreme cascades, however I dont know if he sells... - But, they've been rated at 25-50.000 DKK..
    Yeah he had a thread at a danish forum. He wanted to sell his "prototype cascade". I don't know if he sold it but I remember the price was about 4000$. It did about -110 unloaded. It was in very good condition and was built together with some pro engineers. But I still think the right thing to do is to pm chilly1 and see what he can do for ya

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast