Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Zalman CNPS-9500!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    a mod i would think of, is have a clear pvc type pipe, running from front to back, if you ahve enough room, and use it as a wind tunnel, to take air from outside from teh front, and push it thru the heatsink and out the back on my computer, it would be perfect, cuz i dont use my a drive anyways, and thats wehre the tube would end up being, so i could mount a 90 or 120 mm fan where the 2 external 3.5 inch bays are, and BAM!
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    I like this design, At least the the HP are in 8 shape loop. Just hopefully it'll fit on my mobo when it's released.

Xtreme Member
    what online vendor will have this heatsink first? i heard end of june is the release. is that accurate? i want one so bad.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    bump, when is this gonna be out?

-100c Club Member
    Sharka always seems few days ahead on zalman stuff than majority of e-tailor.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Member
    i was searching around and saw this site listed it as available mid-july. they say to call for pricing and details. i called and it sounded like this guy is running a business from home or something. i'll definitely be checking sharka out. hopefully it'll be cheap and beats watercooling performance.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    guess I'll have to make the XP-120 last a little longer

Quote Originally Posted by Ender17
    bump, when is this gonna be out?
    the xp90 needs to retire

Xtreme Member
    Use in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of n00bs. Overclock within 24 hours of opening.
    Do not read instructions before proceeding, do not use only as directed. May cause frustration, late nights and empty wallets.
    If symptoms persist please consult your hardware professional.
    -AgentVX-

Yea it's a bit expensive but if it lives up to the hype I wouldn't mind paying that.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentVX
    sweet
    anyone order from them before?
    can't find them on resellerratings
    Last edited by Ender17; 06-30-2005 at 01:14 PM.

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender17
    sweet
    anyone order from them before?
    can't find them on resellerratings
    Very reputable... (silentpcreview.com's one of fav site). Only thing is... their prices are usually not competitve... their exotic items do drive their business AFAIK.

Single Stage Work Logs

beefin' it up!
    no way can this thing touch watercooling done right (swiftech storm/storm G4, MCW6002, etc) though it probably hands-down beats the crappier stuff (koolance, Tt water cooling)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer
    no way can this thing touch watercooling done right (swiftech storm/storm G4, MCW6002, etc) though it probably hands-down beats the crappier stuff (koolance, Tt water cooling)
    Yup true, no way in hell could it make it though. After seeing how much it weighed at only a P.O.S 433Grams.....I said in screw it and not get the damn thing. I bet my whole rig all the reviewers will give it 2 asshatting thumbs up coz it looks really really cool

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer
    Don't talk down or up on things you haven't used. Koolance exos is still much Cooler than current top of the heatsink Thermaltake big typhoon by easy 5c under very heavy overclocking for loaded temp if not more depending on v-core (well typhoon craps out before exos does). The comparison of Zalman mentions typical 120mm radi which in my guess is BIP or something even less efficient. All that said, it might close the gap between low end H2O and aircooling even further... but than, scarely enough, price gap is getting smaller too -0-...

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Member
    anyone pre-order this thing yet? i can't wait to get it when it's actually in stock. my cpu is in need of better cooling badly. it's a 3200 venice that has the potential to reach 2900Mhz on air .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dng29
    anyone pre-order this thing yet? i can't wait to get it when it's actually in stock. my cpu is in need of better cooling badly. it's a 3200 venice that has the potential to reach 2900Mhz on air .
    You would be better off with a Thermaltake or something like that, with a fast fan. Zalman's are made for low-noise, not high performance. They usually rank in the middle rane of heatsinks, performance wise. However they are almost always in the uppermost ranks of quiet-cooling components.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novagamer
    You would be better off with a Thermaltake or something like that, with a fast fan. Zalman's are made for low-noise, not high performance. They usually rank in the middle rane of heatsinks, performance wise. However they are almost always in the uppermost ranks of quiet-cooling components.

i was thinking of getting the big typhoon, but it's not all copper like the cnps9500. i like a quiet pc too, but then again i'll be adding a 120mm fan to the heatsink too when i get it. i wonder if there will be reviews on it before it's available. there are a few high performance heatsink out there, but i got my mind set on this zalman. i hope it performs well.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I see quiet PC has changed the arrival date to "early August"

Xtreme Member
    I think that with some AS5 will do my baby better than the stock cooler..or anything else for 80$

CPU Z:2700 2k1:27952 2k3:12282 2k5:5763 PCM05 AQ3
    Opteron 165 s939_____OCZ RAM/PSU_____BBATI X800xl

congrats to zalman for excelent weight optimization!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looks like the XP-120 is gonna be around for a while longer

Xtreme Member
    Looks like it uses the same mounting mechanism as the cnps7xxx series.. Might be the ultimate dothan heatsink if they include the same brackets that can be reversed!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey guys, which way does the fan blow the hot air?

I really need to get rid of this 92mm tornado
    New rig: INWIN D-Frame, i7 4770k @ 4.7 Ghz/1.38V, Swiftech H220, MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, Team Vulcan DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, Samsung 840 pro 256GB, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair 850W
    Old rig:Antec 900/GIGABYTE GA-X38T-DQ6
    E6750 @ 3.5 GHz/Thermalright 120 extreme/MX2
    CORSAIR Vengance 8GB
    PNY 8800GT/Thermalright HR-03 GT

Old, old rig: FX-53/GIGABYTE K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra/1GB CORSAIR 3200XLPRO
    X800XTPE/WD 74GB Raptor/250GB Caviar

who actually beleives this can beat a "120mm radiator water cooling system" as shown on that graph?

lets say even something low-end like CoolerMaster Aquagate Mini R120 - who beleives the Zalman can top that? At best it'd be close I think!

But I reckon basically any other kit would wreck it... for example, Corsair Cool, Koolance EXOS or even corsair Hydrocool, no way a aircooled heatsink has any chance...
    dfi nf4, 3200+ @ 2.98ghz on water (soon TEC), 6800U @ 460/1260. gskill GH @ 2-2-2-5

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast