Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New front page

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 13oost
    it is css, lol
    I see a link to the stylesheet but not much css at all. I DO see a LOT of tables, many of which are filled with  . For the amount of stuff on the page, there is waaaaay too much code. Much of it is very redundant. How many times do you need to declare the doctype?
    ebay under aws983s, heatware under Mr. Tinker.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat HWL
    I am aware that the design is not HTML valid. We will be working on this to ensure perfect cross broswer support. The design is still being tweaked and tuned. It is finished and running, but it is nowhere close to being complete. The CMS being used is Postnuke.

We will be taking many steps to ensure that the design looks perfect. The CSS will be worked on heavily to help make everything look cleaner, we'll be working on an RSS newsfeed and various other things.

This design has been tested to work fine with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    yea, just go strict, through the page im working on for my Web Portfolio for Design, HTML 4.01 is fastest under Strict...

im using HTML 4.01 Strict, PHP for file calling and small apps (mysql, etc), and css covers calling in pictures, placement and whatnot

as for php ive found that using include in dynamic php coding such as do loops is best for that and require is fastest for static stuff, such as the initial load of the page...

just my 2 cent worth

tables should only be used to display stuff, leave DIV tags and CSS for styling since its faster

XS_THE_MACHINE

Printer-friendly versions of reviews needed!

Please, make printer-friendly versions of all XS reviews (such as the Redline review) without all unneeded graphics and resize all relevant pictures with texts so it can be read by default after being printed (instead of you having to print every picture separetaly). Also, make the print function searchable (i e in text as a hyperlink/script).

This might already have been mentioned somewhere, but it's very important imho. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    I have a feeling that in 5 years. WD, Seagate etc will be some unknown names.
    (Posted by Shintai, 08-18-2008)

100% Load 24/7
    Like the look :thumbsup: Yesterday it took forever to load, today about 2 seconds.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love it. I was wondering when you guys were going to use it. I saw it quite some time ago when typing xtremesystems.com instead of .org.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Looks cool, but I thought you scrapped postnuke and used another CMS? Also, there's a few bugs. The silver image at the bottom isn't aligned correctly. Nice graphics though!

Xtreme Member
    OMG! :thumbsup:

sorry, I don't use smilies all teh time.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks very nice guys, well done

I do agree, 25 DOCTYPE declarations is a tad much

Xtreme Member
    Nice looking front-page.

Some times its nearly instantaneous on loading. Unfortunately today it's well over 1 minute to load.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123