Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: "Grouper" first look

the jedi master
    One was for sata rom, the other 2 can run system bios or other roms you may want at boot.The sata was integrated into board bios and they chose to ship with just 1 bios installed.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

I am Xtreme
    lol overclockers need a second bios!

nice to have the option of having it!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull
    This board doesn't have super heated anything. It's using a totally different architecture for every power supply compared to any board that I've seen. Efficiency is kept high to avoid thermal stress. Tony will tell you that the board doesn't get hot no matter how much voltage/current you pump through the memories.

There have been some questions regarding maximum currents that the board can deliver. The board as seen here is not configured to deliver full current capacity. It can and it does with different parts that fit on the same board. We saw no need to do so for engineering samples.
    Great, my specially designed motherboard cooling radiator will go to waste now. Seriously!
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

the jedi master
    Best i can squeeze is 34k.

Memory bandwidth is about right for 260fsb with a sandiego which is similar to a clawhammer when it comes to what bandwidth the ram gives.

Last edited by Tony; 06-20-2008 at 01:45 PM.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Darn cat got loose again

Thanks for dropping in
    It's using a totally different architecture for every power supply compared to any board that I've seen. Efficiency is kept high to avoid thermal stress.
    Actually a very nice way of doing it (given transient response and HF noise is handled) Are you running in the low 90s on efficiency for the two key regulators? And... I take it that's a 4-phase on the Vcore?
    There have been some questions regarding maximum currents that the board can deliver. The board as seen here is not configured to deliver full current capacity. It can and it does with different parts that fit on the same board.
    Thanks for clearing that up
    We saw no need to do so for engineering samples.
    Semi-understandable regarding samples (although isn't the intent to have them really shaken out?)

Two Qs if you would be so kind... do you have distributed HF bypass on the backside of the DIMM slots? How high did you run SI sims for the memory bus?

Peace

Xtreme Member
    4 phase vcore. Board was designed with 4v vDIMM in mind which leads to many different considerations all of which are proprietary. As for the bypass I have to check into that.

As for eng samples, they are configured in the manner that they will most likely be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC2
    Thanks for dropping in

Actually a very nice way of doing it (given transient response and HF noise is handled) Are you running in the low 90s on efficiency for the two key regulators? And... I take it that's a 4-phase on the Vcore?

Thanks for clearing that up

Semi-understandable regarding samples (although isn't the intent to have them really shaken out?)

Two Qs if you would be so kind... do you have distributed HF bypass on the backside of the DIMM slots? How high did you run SI sims for the memory bus?

Peace

Memory Addict
    This board doesn't have super heated anything. It's using a totally different architecture for every power supply compared to any board that I've seen. Efficiency is kept high to avoid thermal stress. Tony will tell you that the board doesn't get hot no matter how much voltage/current you pump through the memories.
    excellent

Guess Tony and I don't need our 120mm fans over the board anymore LOL
    ---

Xtreme Member
    Bigtoe, do you think you can see if the XP120 will fit properly on this board?

Thanks in advance.
    DFi LanParty UT | Athlon 64 3700+ | 1gb Mushkin Black Lvl 2 PC3500 | ATi Radeon X800XT-PE

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffire
    Bigtoe, do you think you can see if the XP120 will fit properly on this board?

Thanks in advance.
    Very important consideration for me as well!

In regards to this Board being cool, I h8 u people. LOL. I bought my CM stacker to tackle the heat issues of my DFI nF4 Ultra-D.

Now you are throwing my 'investment' down the drain

But seriously Great looking board! Looks like the CM stacker's crossflow fan will hit the RAM (well that closest to the edge at least).

Looking forward to seeing how this compares to DFI nF4 in benchies + Real World performance.
    Q6600 @ 3.0 | 8GB G-Skill @ 800 Mhz 5-5-5-20 | ATI 3870 Stock 1 x 500 GB Seagate 7200.11
    1 x 1TB Seagate 7200.11 | 2 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10
    Seasonic S12-550 Energy +CM Stacker

Xtreme Member
    Does that mean there are no reasons to use waterblocks on the chipset and mosfets and that a simple heatsink will do even when overclocking?
    [Core 2 Quadro QX6700 @ 3.20Ghz] [Tuniq Tower 120] [Abit IN9 32X MAX nForce-680i SLI] [4x1024 PC2-6400 Team Xtreem @ 3338 400Mhz] [Geforce GTX 260 216 55nm @ 655/1408/2100 SLI] [2x74GB WD Raptor 10000RPM] [Tagan TurboJet 1100W] [7x TT Blue Led VR] [CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evolution] [Samsung SH-S183A SATA] [Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC] [Logitech Z-5500]

Xtreme Cruncher
    i would like to see the danger den mobo that we saw some time ago i want to see how well OC how much is going to cost and well if is better than dfi
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    i would like to see the danger den mobo that we saw some time ago i want to see how well OC how much is going to cost and well if is better than dfi
    I can't remember properly but I thought it was the same bord but with watercooling for the chipset and the mosfets. And since they now have mounting holes there you should be able to put any chipset WC block on it.
    Current Spec's:
    Athlon X2 4800+
    DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert
    G.Skill PC4400
    Leadtek 7800GTX

Pictures of my system
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ssages/1018504

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    This is the same board. just the revB as they say I have asked DD for the blocks and I will try and show the water cooling fulling installed as soon as they arrive.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by ettis
    Does that mean there are no reasons to use waterblocks on the chipset and mosfets and that a simple heatsink will do even when overclocking?
    if you are pushing the board hard water cooling would be the best choice, it does not however get really hot like some boards/chipsets do....
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Recruit
    It looks really good!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i like it,

i got a unopened DFI board sitting in its box.......if this thing gets 1/2in. water blocks i am sold (granted it turns out a good board)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if the board gets released will the DD blocks be as well?

A64 FX-57 CABCE 0516 WPMW First DI Run

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by babyelf
    if the board gets released will the DD blocks be as well?
    Sure they will, as far as I know they will be red, etc just like the prototypes.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you have a chance to ask about an ETA yet?

Going from my Northwood > a 3500+ Venice on this would rock!

Xtreme Member
    Nice color and specs! I would have liked to see a Pentium m (s479) model with Crossfire support

Xtreme Addict
    Looks very sweet indeed.

Couple questions:

1. Will this thing actually work with a 20pin psu with/without 24pin adapter? We all know some peeps had trouble with the DFI NF4 (although I don't.)
    2. What's the onboard sound on this thing...is it the same ol' 850? I'd love to see a good enthusiast board with a VIA envy or at least something better than the 850...It's something i've been missing since my nf2 w/ SS...I always have lived with onboard sound...So i'm just curious.

TIA Tony.
    Last edited by turtle; 06-02-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    Sure they will, as far as I know they will be red, etc just like the prototypes.
    *breaks piggy bank*

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    They best be selling the whole lot as a package...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle
    Looks very sweet indeed.

2. What's the onboard sound on this thing...is it the same ol' 850? I'd love to see a good enthusiast board with a VIA envy or at least something better than the 850...It's something i've been missing since my nf2 w/ SS...I always have lived with onboard sound...So i'm just curious.

TIA Tony.
    ATI have licensed Intels Azalia HD audio chip Should sound sweet
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    They best be selling the whole lot as a package...
    that sounds really good too

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast