Thread: Need Help please!

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Need Help please!

Hello,

Its been a while since I have had time to to some overclocking due to my work taking over my life, but I have just bought a new Rig and put it all together and I cannot seem to optimise the setting in the bios, as its been so long since I have done it I am completey out of touch with all the new stuff that is out.

I have bought a Rysen 3900x cpu a Asus rog strix b450 f gaming mobo and some corsair 3600 mhz ddr 4 memory to replace my old intel 6700 skylake asus mobo etc set up, I have kept the same 2080 ti GPU for the time being.

So everything went well setting it up and I did nothing to the bios just left it standard, So I tested the performance by playing a couple of games I usually play my FPS was lower then the intel setup so at this point I new somthing was not right.

So I tried looking at the bios and was not comfortable changing setting manually as they all seem a bit different to what they were 5 years ago, so I went for the ez tuning wizard, this set my cpu from 3800 to 4200 mhz which is all good but the memory is on 2600 mhz when they are rated upto 3600 mhz and when playing games the fps is about the same as my old intel 6700k

I tried manually setting the mhz to 3600 mhz in bios which was sucessfull but when checking cpu z... the DRAM frequesncy is saying 1373.1 mhz and fsb DRAM3:40, so this must be the issue, but how do I get it set to 3600mhz?

Could someone please help me with this issue as I m sure this new CPU and system should be performing alot better than my old 6700k skylake??

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give

kind regards

Muz
    Last edited by Mtemel; 10-03-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Asus Rog Strix b450-f gaming Mobo
    Ryzen 3900x 12 core cpu
    Corsair ddr4 mem 3600 mhz
    Zotac 2080ti AMP EXTREME GPU
    corsair h110i closed loop watercooler
    corsair ax1200 psu
    samsung evo 970 plus m.2 500gb ssd
    corsair 120 force gt x 2 ssd
    2 terrabyte baracuda storage
    Corsair CARBIDE 750 case

steel series siberia prism elite 7.1 surround sound headset
    one up machinical keyboard