Thread: [News] Roadmap shows Hexa Procs for laptops, Coffee Lake-E and Cascade Lake-SP

[News] Roadmap shows Hexa Procs for laptops, Coffee Lake-E and Cascade Lake-SP

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/roa...e-lake-sp.html

It seems likely that Intel will introduce new six-core processors for laptops, an Intel roadmap reveals this. The roadmap also mentions pending Coffee Lake-E procs, which are Xeon-processors with six for both workstations and laptops. But wait there's more.

German website ComputerBase shared these slides online and reveal a January roadmap including processors such as the Core i7-8850H and the Core i5-8400H for laptops. The first one being hexacore with HyperThreading. Not bad, 6 cores and 12 threads on a laptop eh?

The second one is an i5, that one remains to be quadcore, however, is gets HyperThreading as well. The new procs are to be released somewhere in the second quarter. Also listed are Coffee Lake hexacores for the Xeon series, specifically Xeon workstations. Listed is a Xeon E-2176G for desktops and then a Xeon E-2176M for laptops. You can also spot a Xeon E-2124G, which is a quadcore processor with HyperThreading.