Thread: [News] Intel Unveils the 8th Generation Core Desktop Processor Family

[News] Intel Unveils the 8th Generation Core Desktop Processor Family

https://www.techpowerup.com/237303/i...ocessor-family

Intel today announced that its new family of 8th Gen Intel Core desktop processors will be available for purchase beginning Oct. 5, 2017. The new desktop processor family is built for gamers, content creators and overclockers who require premium performance. Ranging from Intel Core i3 to Intel Core i7, these processors deliver premium performance for what comes next, opening the door for a new level of faster, easier and more immersive experiences.

This new family introduces the first-ever 6-core Intel Core i5 desktop processor and first-ever 4-core Intel Core i3 desktop processor. The family offers a wide range of performance options for consumers with unlocked1 "K" processors that deliver maximum tuning flexibility at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes for system expandability on graphics, storage and I/O. These processors are supported with new Intel Z370 chipset-based motherboards.
    The top of the product stack - the Intel Core i7-8700K - is Intel's best gaming desktop processor ever.2 It is capable of 4.7 GHz maximum single-core turbo frequency, the highest frequency ever from Intel thanks to Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, making it a performance powerhouse for both single and multi-threaded applications.

"We are laser-focused on giving the enthusiast community the ultimate desktop experience, from chart-topping performance to a platform that can flex with their needs," said Anand Srivatsa, general manager of the Desktop Platform Group at Intel. "Our 8th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver tremendous improvements across the board and - for gamers, in particular- offer an unbeatable experience."

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59247...nes/index.html

• Core i7-8700K: 6C/12T @ 3.7GHz base/4.7GHz boost, 95W TDP.
    • Core i7-8700: 6C/12T @ 3.2GHz base/4.6GHz boost, 65W TDP.
    • Core i5-8600K: 6C/6T @ 3.6GHz base/4.3GHz boost, 95W TDP.
    • Core i5-8400: 6C/6T @ 2.8GHz base/4.0GHz boost, 65W TDP.
    • Core i3-8350K: 4C/4T @ 4.0GHz base/??? boost, 91W TDP.
    • Core i3-8100: 4C/4T @ 3.6GHz base/??? boost, 65W TDP.

Hey look, higher core counts. Took them long enough.

The effect of competition.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64