Thread: [News] Goldman Sachs wants people to buy Nvidia

[News] Goldman Sachs wants people to buy Nvidia

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/43060-g...-to-buy-nvidia

The bank which rules the world Goldman Sachs has told its investors that they should buy Nvidia because the launch of its latest graphics card will boost sales and take share from the competition, AMD.

In a move which should anger AMD fanboys everywhere, Goldman Sachs reiterated its buy rating on Nvidia and put the graphics chipmaker's stock on its conviction buy list.

Nvidia announced the GTX 1080Ti graphics card on Feburary 28 and said it will be available for $699 as of Friday.

Goldman Sachs analyst Toshiya Hari told clients that the "GTX 1080Ti launch highlights tough road ahead for AMD. We view this as incrementally positive for the company's [Nvidia] gaming business,".

He said he remain bullish on the fundamental outlook for the company, particularly as it continues to demonstrate its ability to execute and take advantage of its strong positioning."

Nvidia has been doing well since the launch of its new Pascal graphics chips. However, the stock is down 16 percent since the company's 9 February fourth-quarter earnings report.

Speaking to GTX 1080Ti launch Hari said that the GTX 1080Ti has potential to drive growth in the high end in the current quarter and going forward.

The lack of any new AMD products for the next one to three months, mean that Nvidia will benefit from what is likely significant pent up demand in the high end.

Xtreme Guru
    NVDA dropped 20% in just a few weeks. I still think they hold too much risk at their current valuation, but I can't disagree with the 1080 Ti launch having zero competition from AMD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Goldman sachs. Aint that the bank that continually F-kd over its clients again and again ?
    I mean, not saying thats a bad move. But i would rather look at what they are personally doing rather than hear what they say.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Goldman sachs. Aint that the bank that continually F-kd over its clients again and again ?
    I mean, not saying thats a bad move. But i would rather look at what they are personally doing rather than hear what they say.
    Their shorting of Greece is why the Fiduciary Rule was put in place (though a certain cheeto colored guy swiftly removed that protection).

But if you really want to know what Wall Street is doing, just check out the short-ratios:
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/nvda/short-interest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That settles it, I'm buying a Vega. Screw Goldman Sachs.

Xtreme Addict
    The next day they spent a fortune on AMD btw... ->
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/4053...orth-amd-stock

Xtreme Enthusiast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    The next day they spent a fortune on AMD btw... ->
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/4053...orth-amd-stock
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nothing like some good old fashioned market manipulation.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Nothing like some good old fashioned market manipulation.
    Bigtime Market Manipulation here.

Thing about investors is they often take endorsements like Sachlame's and sell it off like hotcakes because they arnt STUPID. Sach's did a reverse lay up on this one sending Nvidia's stock further down the rabbit hole and buyin up AMD.

Nvidia is more than mildly concerned at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    Bigtime Market Manipulation here.

Thing about investors is they often take endorsements like Sachlame's and sell it off like hotcakes because they arnt STUPID. Sach's did a reverse lay up on this one sending Nvidia's stock further down the rabbit hole and buyin up AMD.

Nvidia is more than mildly concerned at this point.
    + all this ....
    I smell a big 'short' by GS. nVidia's P/E ratio is pushing 40 ...