Thread: [News] Europe set to clamp down on Bitcoins

[News] Europe set to clamp down on Bitcoins

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/45118-e...wn-on-bitcoins

European Union and United Kingdom regulators will take action to prevent trading in the Bitcoin cryptocurrency being conducted under conditions of anonymity, amid claims that people are hopping on the bandwagon to finance drug dealing, terrorism and money laundering.

The plans aim to make traders reveal who they are and impose rules consistent with other financial trading.

The United Kingdom has already signaled its intention to regulate cryptocurrencies amidst fears that trading in cryptocurrencies - as well as being used for criminal purposes - also destabilises the financial markets.

Meanwhile, the popular UK tabloid, The Sun, reports that a Brit dumped a laptop with over 7,000 "coins", worth an estimated ?74 million now.

James Howells kept the hard drive that contained his hoard of "coins" but it was accidently thrown away and is now deep in a landfill that is hard to "mine".

As readers of Fudzilla well know, the effect of "mining" has been to boost profits for firms like Nvidia and AMD, with "miners" forcing the price of add in cards through the roof.

Xtreme Guru
    Imo this is good for crytpocurrencies. If they want to be treated as valid tender, they need to get away from the reputation of only being used for illegal purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    Bullish for sure...
    2600k @ 4.6 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    P8Z68-V PRO
    16 GB RAM
    Corsair TX-850
    Two Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce's in SLI at +60 core/+400 memory (3DMark11 15000P)
    Antec P182
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Win7 x64
    Dell 3007WFP-HC
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G7 Mouse
    ErgoHuman Chair