Thread: [News] AMD stock rises as company enters Deep Learning with Google

[News] AMD stock rises as company enters Deep Learning with Google

http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...g-with-google/

While Nvidia has been making a lot of money off the back of consumer graphics cards, another huge component to the company?s success has been its involvement in AI and Deep Learning initiatives. This is an area that AMD hasn?t been heavily involved in but this week, the company revealed that it has made its first steps in this direction and will be supplying Google with new GPUs for cloud computing and machine learning.

In early 2017, the Google Cloud Platform will offer GPUs worldwide for the Google Compute Engine and Cloud Machine Learning users. AMD?s FirePro S9300x2 will be included alongside the Nvidia Tesla P100 and Telsa K80.
    This news appears to have gone down quite well already as AMD stock has risen by ten percent today on the back of this news alone, this should also bring a boost to the data centre side of AMD, which will be encouraging for the future. Deep learning is an area that Nvidia has been working in for some time now and it has been paying off big time.

By supplying Google with new GPUs, AMD is already off to a good start in this area, we will just have to wait and see how things improve next year when the Vega GPU architecture launches, alongside Zen CPU server products.

Xtreme Guru
    I was wondering why there was a recent surge. It suddenly went from $7 -> $8 basically overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans