Thread: [News] AMD's Zen Server Platform Naples' Results Appear on SiSoft Sandra Database

[News] AMD's Zen Server Platform Naples' Results Appear on SiSoft Sandra Database

https://www.techpowerup.com/227841/a...andra-database

If AMD's plans come to fruition, the company's efforts with its Zen micro-architecture will bring it back towards competitiveness with Intel not only on consumer chips, but also on the enterprise segment. While the company's consumer efforts are, by and large, the most visible from a consumer standpoint, with great hopes being pinned on it as a means to inject some much-needed dynamism and innovation in the CPU landscape, the most important vector for AMD arguably stands with the enterprise segment - where margins are usually much greater than in the consumer market.
    Recently, a slew of benchmarks on SiSoft Sandra's database hit the web, on an AMD Diesel platform (ie, Naples), identified with the name string 4x AMD Diesel Platform, 2S145A4VIHE4_29/14_N, 16 C. Decoding this, it appears we are dealing with four packages of 16 Cores (16 C), whose configuration appears to be a two-socket (2S), two package, 32-core per socket configuration. As such, we're looking here at 64 physical threads, which ges up to 128 logical if you take into account AMD's implementation of Simultaneous Multi-Threading. The processors apparently come in at 1.44 GHz nominal, 2.9 GHz Turbo core speeds (29/14). The benchmark data also seems to point towards known specifications of the Zen architecture, sporting 512 KB of L2 cache per core, and 4 clusters of 8 MB shared L3 (1 cluster of 8 MB per 4 physical cores).

Xtreme Guru
    Any reference Intel data? The numbers are kind of meaningless if we don't know how a similarly clocked 64 core Intel system performs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans