http://www.tomshardware.com/news/mai...-pc,32646.html

Maingear recently made headlines due to its surprise team-up with HP, which is seemingly out to get a piece of the enthusiast gaming marketplace pie by teaming with the custom PC shop. Razer appears to believe it can enter the desktop PC market in a similar fashion and has also teamed up with Maingear for the R1 Razer Edition gaming rig.

The Maingear R1 Razer Edition features an NZXT H440 Razer Edition case, which sports green LED lighting. Aside from this, the R1 doesn?t offer any other significant brand-related features, unless you count ?full Razer product and software integration provided out-of-the-box.? This system is mostly Maingear?s baby with a Razer label slapped on the case.

The new system is VR-ready with its most conservative configuration, which features an Intel Core i5-6500, 8 GB of DDR4, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB graphics card and a 1 TB 7,200 RPM HDD connected to an Asus H110M-A motherboard. However, like all of Maingear?s custom systems, the R1 Razer Edition can be souped up to borderline insane levels with Z170 platforms that feature up to an Intel Core i7-6700K, or X99 platforms that include a 10-core i7-6950X option.

You can equip the R1 with up to Nvidia Titan X or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X graphics (with dual-GPU options up to Titan X and R9 Fury). Storage options include a massively spacious 10 TB HDD, a 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, a 1.2 TB PCIe NVMe SSD, and up to a 4 TB 2.5-inch SATA 6 GB/s SSD (which the company just added to the configurator today).