Thread: DOTA 2's The International prize pool passes $20 million

DOTA 2's The International prize pool passes $20 million

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53338/...ion/index.html

DOTA 2 fans are some of the most hardcore gamers out there, with The International continuing to pull in more and more money. This year, DOTA 2's The International has a prize pool of over $20 million, and it will continue to expand throughout the week.
    Rewinding back to 2011 with The International debuting with $1 million up for grabs, but then Valve changed things up in 2013 with the saleable Interactive Compendium which raises money from the crowd, and hit $2.8 million at the time. Last year, The International had a huge $18 million prize pool and now we're already past that and into unknown territory.

If we consider that the largest prize pool for Hearthstone hit $1 million, CS:GO with the same $1 million and Halo with $2.5 million, DOTA 2 blows them all away with money to spare.

The International takes place on August 8-13 at the Key Arena in the Seattle Center.

damn, maybe i should change profession...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post

damn, maybe i should change profession...
    Ha, it's so hard to even increase in MMR in Dota2. I started at 4700 mmr and have only managed to drop down to 4.2k. Players are toxic and the community overall is pretty bad. Oh well, pro/competitive play is awesome for us spectators!
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.