Thread: [News] Apple Patents the Paper Bag

[News] Apple Patents the Paper Bag

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...%2F20160264304

1. A retail paper bag, comprising: a bag container formed of white paper with at least 60% post-consumer content.

2. The paper bag of claim 1, wherein the white paper is solid bleached sulfate paper.

3. The paper bag of claim 2, wherein the bag container is formed entirely of: the solid bleached sulfate paper with at least 60% post-consumer content, and adhesive.

4. The paper bag of claim 1, comprising a reinforcement insert adhered to an interior of the bag container.

5. The paper bag of claim 4, wherein the reinforcement insert is adhered across a fold of the bag container.

6. The paper bag of claim 4, wherein the reinforcement insert is adhered over a gusset of the bag container.

7. The paper bag of claim 4, wherein the reinforcement insert is formed of solid bleached sulfate paper with at least 60% post-consumer content.

8. The paper bag of claim 4, wherein the reinforcement insert has a rectangular portion and a triangular portion, wherein the rectangular portion is adhered to a bottom panel of the bag container, and wherein the triangular portion is adhered to a side panel of the bag container.

9. The paper bag of claim 8, wherein the reinforcement insert is a corner reinforcement insert, and wherein the paper bag comprises a bottom reinforcement insert, wherein the bottom reinforcement insert is rectangular and extends over the bottom panel.

10. The paper bag of claim 9, wherein the rectangular portion of the corner reinforcement insert is disposed between the bottom panel and the bottom reinforcement insert.

11. The paper bag of claim 1, comprising a handle formed entirely of paper fiber yarn knitted in an 8-stitch circular knit pattern.

12. The paper bag of claim 11, wherein the handle has a diameter of at least 6.5 millimeters.

13. A paper bag, comprising: a bag container formed of paper, the bag container having a top edge including a notch, and a bag handle formed of paper, wherein an end of the bag handle extends through the notch and is fixed to the bag container, wherein, in the absence of an applied force on the bag handle, when the bag is in an upright orientation the bag handle droops below the top edge of the bag container so that at least 90% of the bag handle is disposed below the top edge of the bag container.

14. The paper bag of claim 13, wherein the handle is formed entirely of paper fibers knitted in an 8-stitch circular-knit pattern.

15. The paper bag of claim 13, wherein the handle has a diameter of at least 6.5 millimeters.

16. The paper bag of claim 13, wherein the notch extends at least 10 millimeters below the top edge.

17. A paper bag, comprising: a bag container formed of paper, the bag container having a collar about an opening thereof, wherein the collar is formed by portions of the bag container folded over about the opening, wherein the collar comprises a collar reinforcement insert disposed between the folded-over portions of the bag container, wherein the collar reinforcement insert is corrugated cardboard.

18. The paper bag of claim 17, comprising a bag handle, wherein ends of the bag handle are fixed to the bag container between the folded-over portions of the bag container, and wherein the cardboard is debossed where the bag handle is fixed to the bag container.

19. The paper bag of claim 13, wherein the collar is flat across areas where the bag handle is fixed to the bag container.
    WTF !!!!....

Are you kidding me?
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Guru
    Now I can pay licensing fees every time I go to the grocery store!!!!!!

But seriously, Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Just make sure the store is using brown paper bags. Apple only went for white bags. Those racists.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Fiona Apple's lawyers will be calling them soon.

Brilliant!
    The Cardboard Master

I am Xtreme
    Haha, the video is great!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post

It's perfect for their new concealable subwoffer

Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

This just in: Apple is going to introduce 3 new patents!!!!

A patent for the letter "A" and a dual patent for the letter "S" ...

How long until they try to patent "air"?