Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NF7 rev2 VTT mod need it so bad...

Xtreme Member

Talking We found the NF7 rev2 Vbt mod!!!!! (the power of contribution)

Has anybody managed to find out the VTT mod on the NF7 v2 mobo so far...?
    I need it to pass 240! Please if anybody have any idea I wiil apreciate it to share it with us...
    I mesuare the VTT and in 2.7 (2.6 in BIOS) gives 1.35 and in 3.8 gives 1.54 (2.9 in BIOS). This is ok (its 1/2Vdimm) But when u do the Vdimm mod the VTT unfortynately don't follow... It stills gives for exmple on 2.9 BIOS menu 1.54. I m on 3.4Vdimm and 1.54VTT doesn t make my life easy @ all. Is this a reason why DFI boys o/c their Winbond higher on their mobo?

W83301R datasheet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w83301r04.jpg 
Views:	4782 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	8555  
    Last edited by enduracell; 04-06-2004 at 12:22 PM.

Xtreme Addict

Re: NF7 rev2 VTT mod need it so bad...

Originally posted by enduracell
    Has anybody managed to find out the VTT mod on the NF7 v2 mobo so far...?
    I need it to pass 240! Please if anybody have any idea I wiil apreciate it to share it with us...
    I mesuare the VTT and in 2.7 (2.6 in BIOS) gives 1.35 and in 3.8 gives 1.54 (2.9 in BIOS). This is ok (its 1/2Vdimm) But when u do the Vdimm mod the VTT unfortynately don't follow... It stills gives for exmple on 2.9 BIOS menu 1.54. I m on 3.4Vdimm and 1.54VTT doesn t make my life easy @ all. Is this a reason why DFI boys o/c their Winbond higher on their mobo?

W83301R datasheet
    Maybe it´s the VTT thats criple my board to..(Dfi LanParty Rev B) . And it we cane fix it maybe i cane reach 290fsb

Xtreme Member
    I think that on DFI VTT follows along with 3.3 , so max out @ 1.65, but if u mod the Vdimm still max out @1.65. Which Winbond volt controller DFI use?

Xtreme Addict
    well it's not necessarily ur ram holding u back...

It's probably ur CPU/chipset..

and if ur ram cant do 240 @ 3.4V, I wouldnt bother pushing it anymore..

Xtreme Member
    no my CPU don t hold me back @ all. I m @ 9.5x240 with 1.75 volt prime stable with 1.5 Vdd and 3dmark coultless loops stable. (CPU interface is on) Vdd has nothing to do with the errors on ram, it doesn t help it at all. Oh man I want it so bad...
    I now my CPU isn t something special but ti can do prime stable 2500mhz with 1.85volts...
    ...sorry meant 2 volts lol
    Last edited by enduracell; 02-09-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    this could be promising for more high FSBs combined with high mem. clocks

i think a good way to test if you need this is if your mem is being maxed, and the chipset could keep going (using dividers) and more vDimm doesnt help at all. probably onec you get to like 3.3 vDimm the vTT cant keep up

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    the Vdimm doesn t seem to scale so well as when I go from 3.1 to 3.2 for example. I almost sure that this is because the VTT max out @ 1.54, The more the Vdimm goes up and VTT stays 1.54 the less the scalability of my winbonds...
    The dividers doesn t seem to work for me...

Xtreme Addict

At the risk of being flamed...what is vtt? I have been out of the oc'ing game for about 4 months, and I feel like I have never seen the inside of a computer

Originally posted by CircuitBreaker8
    So I asked myself, is OCing the videocard really worth it?

Xtreme Mentor
    yah the dividers dont work for me either
    i tried them once and the only one that would pass POST messed up my windows install, and i had to go into safe mode and fiddle with stuff

im not sure what vTT is exactly but i know that its originally half of the vDimm and the memory needs it to perform. so if it does in fact stop at 1.55v then it could be a problem when running the vDimm at 3.6+

maybe mrIcee knows about it, cuz he runs high mem volts

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Addict
    well if u cant get more than 240 @ 3.4V, i suggest u get new ram..

KHX3200/256 should easily do 260 @ 3.4V..

Keep in mind, Max FSB drops with level of vcore on the NF7-S 2.0.. and the max fsb u can reach also depends on the multi used

I can do 11.5x246, but 11x240 wont even boot...

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    well if u cant get more than 240 @ 3.4V, i suggest u get new ram..

KHX3200/256 should easily do 260 @ 3.4V..

Keep in mind, Max FSB drops with level of vcore on the NF7-S 2.0.. and the max fsb u can reach also depends on the multi used

I can do 11.5x246, but 11x240 wont even boot...
    I think some have misunderstood the effect voltage with the one displaying in the HARDWARE MONITOR of the BIOS. The Hardware monitor displays Vdimm=3.31v but the multimetre reads 3.41v.
    When I say my ram does 240@3.4V(multimetre) I mean it's error free @test8 memtest86, Goldmemory 5.07, Docmemory 2.01, Test Mem 4, Windows Memory Diagnostic and of course Prime, Fold and memtest in Win. I can easily bench @ 255 @3.4v or if u like the reading of BIOS @ 3.3 . So I think my ram is good, and anyway I can t find any BH-5, believe me.
    I use 9,5 multi (8, 9.5, 11,5 and 12.5 it is known to be FSB bugless), I can t use 11.5 its to high for me (on water).
    I just want the VTT not because I believe will get me error free above 240@same volts but because I m sure it effects the oc scalability of the ram @high Vdimms. (for example when I volted the sticks from 3.1v to 3.2 I was able to gain 13MHz FSB (220->233))

enduracell,
    Where is the W8331r IC located on the Abit NFS-7 mobo?

gnode

Xtreme Member
    The yellow one is the W8331r, but its little difficult to measure there (pins to close to each other and if u short them system freezes) Measure the green regulators instead (if I remember correctly must be one of the bottom ones). The regulator in the pink circle don t seem to be for dimms (if I remember correctly) may be its for SB but believe me I have no idea...

Name:	w8331r.jpg 
Views:	4243 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	8741  

enduracell,
    Thanks. Any idea if the W83301r is running in mode a or b. It seems that if it is being used in mode a then you need to find the bus termination regulator output connected to pin 2 and modify its output. The bus termination regulator could be one of the green circled ones or the pink circled one. If it is running in mode b, then you I think you are out of luck.
    Thanks,
    Gnode
    Last edited by gnode; 02-12-2004 at 05:25 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Definitely running on mode a (DDR mode, the b mode is for SDRAM). And definitely the green ones is for DDR regulation (I measured ground, Vdimm, and 3.3 rail there and VTT). In the pink one though I didn t seem to effect from the Vdimm choices but I don t remember what volts multimeter shown. I need to found out a the main resistor going from this regulators VTT’s legs to VTTsense of W83301r sense (pin 2 if I m correct) cause I don t thing it’s a good idea to mod to legs for each regulator for the VTT…

enduracell,
    I agree with what you are saying that is if I understand you correctly! Pin 2 is the Vtt sense. The question is what is it connected to? If a mosfet then what regulator chip is driving that mosfet. Once you have that then you can fool the regulator into giving you more voltage by adding resistors to its control circuit. I'll look at my board but I have wires hanging every where for all my vmods so I have to be careful.

gnode

Xtreme Member
    I know… its a little hard for me too. The big mosfet on the side of Winbond controller give Vdimm on the left upper leg and the right reads somewhere between 7,35-7,20 (When u upping the Vdimm the right leg Volts lower). The little mosfets all around the regulators seems to be difficult for me to decide which one is for VTT. I think I found 2 mosfets that measure around VTT. And couldn't find a resistor that reads close to VTT (as far as I measured)...
    I don t really have room here too beacuse of the water rig been all inside on ATX and I hardly manage to get my measure points. I will do some more thorough reading when I will unscrew my mobo to make some major changes...

Xtreme Member
    i think that the problem is another...
    i have seen that if i set vdimm at 3.3v with 3.3v line at 3.45v in single channel under load vdimm is rock at 3.3v, but in dual channel under load vdimm sometimes drop from 3.3v to 3.2v, so it's a lot more unstable...
    this is the problem on NF7, and probably this problem doesn't touch DFI...

the ideal it's to get the DDR pin datasheet and connect all the VDD pins directly to the mossfet VDDR output, in order to get the same voltage on all 3 slot (the 3rd slot usully it's the limiting factor for overclock, probably because it have less voltage), or to connect directly 3.3v rail (if it's possibile) on VDD pins of ddr slot.. can it be possible??

Xtreme Addict

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=29178

Just below this thread Mr Punk
    have seen it just a bit after my post
    the problem with this mod is another... if i want vdimm at 3.2v i must downvolt +3.3v at 3.2v and this isn't good for NF7... must find a circuit that let me regulate only the line that goes to the ram..

Xtreme Member
    Ok I mesuered some regulators and SMD resistor around W83301R. 1.54 is the VTT when set Vdimm from BIOS 2.9 (it doesn tgo higher regadless the Vdimm mod) Is any of the 3 1.54v legs? or is it the 0.13v? I can t tell. I also found some one that did the VTT (he calls it VBT) in the Gigabyte K8NNXP that have the W83301R too. But the resistors around controller isn t the same in both mobos...
    The Gigabyte K8NNXP VTT way
    and the ÍF7 readings...

Name:	close2.jpg 
Views:	4178 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	9030  
    Last edited by enduracell; 02-17-2004 at 03:04 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    BTW, the Vdimm is measured at the mosfet where the grey wire is soldered, not the IC legs you have labeled in purple. That doesnt mean they dont give the same readings mind you, just a much better place to check the voltage.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Xtreme Member
    I know I know here I just display the readings on the regulator, so to find the VTT sense...

Xtreme Member
    Ok some of the blue circled ones must be the the bus termination output (aka Vbt output or Vbt sense) but which one? Can anyone tell me the model number of the regulator (the right one)? My mobo is a little old and the code has been fade away...

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by enduracell
    Ok some of the blue circled ones must be the the bus termination output (aka Vbt output or Vbt sense) but which one? Can anyone tell me the model number of the regulator (the right one)? My mobo is a little old and the code has been fade away...
    the markings on the chip are:

P36AF
    FDS
    6930A
    NF7 | Mobile 2400+ | 256MB Twinmos PC3200 BH5 | 9800 PRO | 23384 6989

MY HEATWARE

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast