Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: 7990 1ghz edition to debut at computex 2012

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    Defend your own argument. Don't make the person who opposes it do it for you. They are more likely to come up with results that contradict your statement or show nothing at all.
    You will never find a review that answers how fast your own setup is going to be. Even if a reviewer would use exactly the same models of every piece of hardware you have, they still have different samples, methodology and test environment.
    I'm showing him to reviews with which he can learn to make an educated guess what his results are going to look like since he doesn't just want to take my word for it.

Your link only shows what a 690 can do in february. He was asking a mix of 7970+680+670+crossfire+sli+oc+beta drivers. That's a review that doesn't exist and it will never exist because it's too specific. He will first have to objectively look at dousands of reviews and then mix all those results in his mind to come to the short one line solution that I tried to save him hours of reading with and which made him rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'm just not seeing the beneift to the AMD stuff right now. I mean it's fun to play with, but so is your willy and it only lasts so long before you need something else to do.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    So, where is 7990 ? Still scheduled or not ?
    Yeah I wonder that too, if my memory serves me right someone in the forums commented that the 7970x2 was not the 7990... maybe the company will leave it for the end of the year...
    この世界には 人の運命を司る 何らかの超越的な 〝律〝...... 〝神の手〝が 存在するのだろうか? 少なくとも 人は 自らの意志さえ 自由にはできな

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    So, where is 7990 ? Still scheduled or not ?
    I doubt it's on any set schedule. Probably just culling usable chips, so they have enough to launch.
    Intel 990x/Corsair H80 /Asus Rampage III
    Coolermaster HAF932 case
    Patriot 3 X 2GB
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Dell 3008

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    Yeah I wonder that too, if my memory serves me right someone in the forums commented that the 7970x2 was not the 7990... maybe the company will leave it for the end of the year...
    Looking the HD8000 is set for the end of the year i doubt it. ( maybe released on 01/2013, maybe just for the winter period before ). The thing is the 7970Ghz edition have a slightly little difference on the PT algorythm management and clock adjustement, and they need to be programmed at the base.. i believe it take some times to push enough cores reprogrammed with it.
    Last edited by Lanek; 07-05-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stijndp View Post
    You will never find a review that answers how fast your own setup is going to be. Even if a reviewer would use exactly the same models of every piece of hardware you have, they still have different samples, methodology and test environment.
    I'm showing him to reviews with which he can learn to make an educated guess what his results are going to look like since he doesn't just want to take my word for it.

Your link only shows what a 690 can do in february. He was asking a mix of 7970+680+670+crossfire+sli+oc+beta drivers. That's a review that doesn't exist and it will never exist because it's too specific.
    You don't get it, do you? I'm asking how an overclocked gtx 680 sli system compares against a 7970 system. Its not that far fetched of a question. There are a lot more people running these types of systems than things like tri or quad sli and there are reviews of that.

He will first have to objectively look at dousands of reviews and then mix all those results in his mind to come to the short one line solution that I tried to save him hours of reading with and which made him rage.
    Unless you can provide me with an objective review STFU. I can guess and talk out of my ass too.

Either way, I'm done responding to you. Your a condescending know it all that would never admit to being wrong.
    Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 07-05-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    Just to notice that you don't answer the question either

No GHZ edition ( or overclocked card ) and no 12.7 drivers, so totally irrelevant for this matter
    This is more in response to Stijndp, that reviews show 7970 pulling ahead of gtx 680 SLI. It should be obvious at this point that there are basically no reviews with ghz editions CF vs SLI with completely new drivers. Hence, Bababoey asking for them in the first place. And Stijndp trying to making the inference that such reviews are unnecessary because the 7970 leads anyway and thus a new ghz edition would show that type of result even more so.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Enthusiast

c[_]
    agree, kain.

/thread.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819